Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Season opening

Some update for the start of new season, unfortunately without any photo.
    The weather here this "spring" is not very nice with low temperatures and a lot of rain, but season must be started some day after all. Generally, my goal and plan is each season of driving to start with some inspection, servicing and possibly something else and this is highly preferably to be done by the tuner and builder of the car - ICI Design. As I have said before, he carried over the whole project and is very experienced from many executed tuning projects with cars using this and similar engine and drivetrain. Unfortunately, he is far away from me, but that is life. In previous posts I have explained in detail some things, which have been planned to be done and they was on the list for this visit. So, here is some summary for carried work.
    - Engine oil was changed with same used since the engine was built - Amsoil Dominator 15W-50. This is racing engine oil and is expensive.
    - Failed wideband sensor was replaced, fortunately and as expected only it was the issue, not AEM controller. This is second failed Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor since the car is build and for this time we decided to go with more protected and closed sensor bung. It was custom made by ICI Design and first such he made and use in his personal highly modified Fiat Coupe 2.0 16V turbo integrale. I see such item to be offered from Innovate Motorsports. We expect longer sensor life with it.
    - MAP sensor was replaced with different one, which I showed in some of previous posts. It have range 30-350kPa and previous one was 50-400kPa. I wasn't absolutely sure about its range and expected 20-350kPa from some numbers, so good that it is almost like that and support goal, which was lower range than before and enough upper range. Some work here for different plug, mounting, air connection, check and tune up of ECU data.
    - CAN bus switch board was mounted and unused coolant pressure sensor was connected to it. Because of specifics related to location of sensor, sensor specifications and how it is setup in Ecumaster program, this more for data trend and form and noticing small head gasket leak, than actual values.
    - Air conditioner topping up.
    - Upgrade of ECU's firmware and some changes there for vehicle speed, boost in higher gears
    - There was also some things noticed, which needed attention - one was torn up CV boot and an issue with spigot rings.
    Last edited by kunev; 30-05-23 at 08:57.
    One performance car is not enough ...
    Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB Q2