I haven’t wrote here from beginning of the year and now the season for it is over, so this will be like a summary for this year 🙂.
Some modifications to intercooler pipes have been done and no more blow pipes from then.
For MAP we switched from ECU’s onboard sensor to external one. Chosen by tuner was 4bar MAP sensor used on many VAG diesels - BOSCH 0 281 006 059. This sensor is called also TMAP, because it also measure temperature, but this is not used in our case.
F669E9DB-8C43-49AA-833B-930642F5A2D0.jpg
It is readily available and relatively cheap, which is very good and desired thing, but have a drawback for my case. Its upper range of 400kPa is more than enough, but pressure in intake reach values lower than its lower limit of 50kPa. These are short periods of very low loads as on engine braking, but still bother me. All analogue inputs have been used even before this change, so one of other sensors must be disconnected to make space unfortunately. Coolant pressure was selected for this unpleasant task.
Some work have been done on air-conditioner, which worked for maybe 2 or 3 months after the system was returned to complete and working state (removed condenser and cut pipes to it before me) during big work on the car. A leakage was found and seal was replaced. Also is used additive for stopping of leaks and it is working for now, more than 5 months from then. Will see how will be in the future, but can say, that this is a big win for me. Working air-con is not an easy request for an old car in my opinion. I will be fully satisfied if it remain working for the whole season after refilling in the spring.
Tuner suspect air leak from idle control valve housing and it was replaced including the valve with used ones from Fiat Coupe 16V, housing of which is aluminium.
Leaks from fittings to WMI solenoid have been noticed and they have been replaced. Also, check valve have been removed as there is already solenoid, which block flow and just to avoid case of blockage of it.
Some work on ECU side was done - setup of gear and speed channels, which I wanted to see in the log. Low load areas have been tweaked. Modifications to corrections with working air-con. Up to 5% fuel removing have been configured for correction in closed loop from wideband AFR sensor. Originally fuel is only added up to 10%.
During last trip with the car AFR controller start to show only “SEnS” error, which normally mean disconnected sensor, but connections to sensor and gauge look normal, so probably the sensor have failed. I have also read for gauge failure with such error. Will see next year.
I bought one more set of yellow fog lights.
2ECEE063-2B62-4C22-86C0-D97A37328142.jpg 686B2C2E-55B8-47DB-8E8A-472DE16C1C6D.jpg
And as a final of this post a video of the car, which I made with Insta360 ONE RS and additional equipment, which I bought this year. This is my first video with it, so initial testing basically.