In this post I will write about the brain, which will monitor and control the engine and other related systems.

Original ECU is not bad at all and do its job very well. It use speed density strategy with MAP sensor, which have benefit performance wise from lack of restriction in the intake compared to need of MAF sensor for measurement of air mass. But as with any electronics there is progress of the technology. With any old ECU it is possible to start to happen some strange running issues related to it and more specifically to aging of capacitors. Some electrical inspection of it is not a bad thing generally. Some time ago I considered extending capabilities of original ECU by using of RP-Lab services. If that project was executed 10 years ago let say probably for sure that will be the route to go, but I decided to go with a more modern approach with more capabilities and have been chosen and bought Ecumaster EMU Black
51248372_522039254870896_5596677621770354688_n.jpg
This is their premium ECU and offer a lot of features for its value and look as a very high quality product. Ecumaster is a polish brand and their ECUs are intended for 4 and 6 cylinder engines. The engine will be controlled with sequential ignition and fuel injection. And that mean that factory waster-spark ignition with two coils and ignition cables will be replaced with the more modern and capable coil-on-plug setup . Also is planned to be added some additional sensors to the ECU for engine protection basically, which I'm not sure is it possible with just extension of standard ECU.
In the above picture can be seen also a bluetooth module for that model of ECU (Ecumaster CAN-BUS Bluetooth module), but that will not be used actually. Later I also decide to add an option for logging of data without a laptop connected to it, which on that ECU can done with additional Ecumaster EDL-1 module. That module also incorporate a bluetooth module and that will be used instead of initially purchased separate module.
75317310_640402569828057_5621147605233827840_n.jpg
As is probably clear, the purpose of using a bluetooth module is to be able to view real-time data on phone or tablet without the need to connect a laptop to the ECU. Ecumaster have their own application for presenting data only for Android devices - EMUDash. And there is another popular one, which support this and many other ECU -> RealDash.
My plan is to have close to zero additional gauges in the interior to keep it as clean as possible and basically that will be the concept to view data when desired without the need to connect a laptop to the ECU.