The next on the list was suspension.
As you know not many options for our car. The car have Eibach springs so also option was to buy just dampers, but I wanted to try with complete kit, that should have matched dampers and springs. Intrax have kits for our model and are very good probably, but expensive. I decided to try H&R monotube coilovers for Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6. From what I have read it should fit, but have doubts how the rear will be ... Q4 is definitely heavier at the back and on the front V6 is not so light so maybe not so big difference. From looking at documentation Q4 rear springs are thicker than 2.5 V6 - 13.9 vs 12.4. Free length is given the same as 305mm. But H&R springs are generally stiff so it may work I thought ...
18042017479.jpg1689_0.jpg.6176897bd11bb1b8515a33f2e64deaba.jpg
I did not make pictures of the kit, because was well packed. But is like on second picture. From what I have read dampers are made by Bilstein to H&R spec and springs are H&R, but not 100% sure. So coilovers on front and separate dampers and springs at the back. Rear dampers are shorter than original from what I have seen on one kit for TS, so probably something like Bilstein B8, which are for bigger lowering, which sound normal considering 40mm lowering (B6 for standard ride height or up to 30mm).
But after installation the mechanic call me that at the back is not ok and the car go very low when put on the ground, like sit on the tires. And was used old Eibach springs at the back. Unfortunately I didn't saw how exactly was this on real or picture... I have make a thread about this issue on the forum.
On the front is ok as ride height, I think even higher than before. I definitely feel the difference from before and is much better, but dampers, which was removed was leaking. Rubbing at the back is improved, but if someone is the back it is an issue, so that will not be the end regarding back suspension...
Here is how is now at the back and with H&R springs from the kit was several cm down, top of the tire was not seen from what I remember to been told by mechanic
08052017480.jpg
And here are rates of springs in that kit, I have asked H&R and surprisingly receive an answer:
"29992-2 uses springs with 55N/mm front and 45N/mm rear.
Our coilovers are just available in one specification, not with any other spring rates."
More pictures of the all car in the next post