Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by #84 View Post
    Hi,

101.03 are for cars with intercooler water spray and Recaro seats - if I remember correctly.

I.e. Rated 190 hp.

Just give me a call if you want to discuss various maps more. Maybe I can source the map you have if you read it.

Mvh
    Andreas Möller
    070-7125346
    Thank you!

I haven't had any success with reading the copy protected chip yet. I have a set up with an Arduino board where I can control both "chip enable" and "output enable". Difference between an ECU and an EPROM-programmer is said to be that the ECU toggles these pins between the readings, but the EPROM-programmer doesn't. So far no luck with that approach.

Another approach is to use an ECU for reading. I've done that with a chip for a 155 2.0TS (M2.10.3 ECU). This ECU software has built in functions for reading the eprom over the OBD port, but I don't think the P8 software has that function?

Another idea is to put the chip in a completely different ECU that can be put in bootstrap mode and read the eprom that way. Som ECUs have that feature. In bootstrap mode the ECU will never load the code in the eprom, so it should be possible to put any eprom in.
    There's an excellent forum for Boshc ME7 ECUs (mostly VAG) at: http://nefariousmotorsports.com
    where you can find more about this.

In input on how to solve this is welcome! The purpose of beating the copy protection is only to try to find out what chip this is. I have no interest in making copies or other commercial interest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RedTop; 11-09-14 at 05:44.