Thread: Map sensor info

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mpampis I agree with you. The problem is that the car will have little power off boost and with a lighter flywheel as I had on one TS it is worse. But the biggest problem is the sinthered clutch(called a button clutch in SA), to drive it smoothly you need to engage the clutch at 1000 to 1500 rpm and that is with no boost.

I would love to keep the CR at 8:1 The problem I have is first I do not have your expertise in programming the eprom, I do not have the equipment or know anybody who do. I will be able to adjust the timing with the piggyback chip, but then I can not see degrees, only a bar chart showing more or less timing advance than normal. On an Alfa you can not see or hear when knocking start on the dyno, that makes this adjustment dangerous. I used 25 deg max advance on the TSs and had no detonation, but have no idea whether 27/28 deg will be better. By going lower with the CR, I can use the setting you guys have proved to work.

I also did not liked the single additional injector and fitted 450 and 550cc injectors in my TSs before, but I could never get good fuel consumption off boost. I got 16 ltr/100km in the city traffic. The stand alone managements and the std Alfa Motronic management do not pulse the large injectors short enough to give good consumption at low load. The guys now use the std Motronic management with excellent knock control and when the boost start a single 1000cc injector add fuel managed by a stand alone management or piggyback chip for power between 200 and 300whp. I know guys with 2.5 ltr 156 and 2ltr 147s that run this system and they get 9-10ltr/100km in city traffic and 8 ltr/100km on the freeway. And these cars are reliable daily users.
    Last edited by corriedw; 29-03-13 at 13:20. Reason: grammar