Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Silicon coupler from turbo to the oil carter

Hello there and happy new year!

With the 2008 new problems are coming and need to be fixed!
    I found the silicon coupler that goes from the body of the turbo to the oil carter (that one orange color, made in england, and that has a 90 degrees form that it's damned fu... hard to get out ) burned and with a big hole.
    Besides the oil consumption of my old turbo, I'm now sure that the oil was "dropped" from this coupler all this time.
    My question is if someone of you replace this part with a non original spare from Alfa.
    Because it's not easy to find this piece in my country.

any ideas or suggestion will be appreciated!!!

Thanks.
    Nobody tell me to stop...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I know the one you mean. I got it from Walkers:

http://www.walkers-garage.co.uk/

This Samco one is much better made. Do you hve any hose makers in BA?

If you struggle to get one posted by Walkers, I could help and post it. However I posted a couple of packages to Gux once and only one of them made it.

Guess its best to send them insured but no idea of the cost. I can find out though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack View Post
    I know the one you mean. I got it from Walkers:

http://www.walkers-garage.co.uk/

This Samco one is much better made. Do you hve any hose makers in BA?

If you struggle to get one posted by Walkers, I could help and post it. However I posted a couple of packages to Gux once and only one of them made it.

Guess its best to send them insured but no idea of the cost. I can find out though.
    Thank you AlfaJack you're right is that one. And mine is burned in the same place as I can see in the picture.
    You mean that if I buy it from Walkers you can send me it by post?
    You'll give me a big hand my friend!!!

I called the Alfa importer in Buenos Aires, and they have just the last one (always the same situation, the last one is the most expensive one!!!!) the price is $190 (Argentina pesos) almost 30.5 Pounds.

What do you think? walkers price + shipping could be cheaper than that ?

Thanks again for the help.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I will check with Walkers garage tomorrow and let you know

It may not be much cheaper - but the Samco would be more money in the first place because it is higher quality.

If they can not post direct, then I can post it to you, but I would only send with insurance incase it goes missing.

Lol, might be better to post it from Chile seeing as I will be there in a few weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I will check with Walkers garage tomorrow and let you know

It may not be much cheaper - but the Samco would be more money in the first place because it is higher quality.

If they can not post direct, then I can post it to you, but I would only send with insurance incase it goes missing.

Lol, might be better to post it from Chile seeing as I will be there in a few weeks!
    Hey Alfajack this is a great news!!! c'mon man take a plane from Santiago to Buenos Aires (50 minutes flight), and I'll invite you an Argentine meat dinner, I'm sure that Juan will join Us.

Thanks again for your help and I hope you can come to visit Us.
    This is my personal email if you want to contact me for any issues about the hose or if you decide to visit Argentina dario_opezzo@hotmail.com (spammers go home please, or will die, I'm an SE of IronPort he,he,he).

Dario

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by alfista_AR View Post
    Hey Alfajack this is a great news!!! c'mon man take a plane from Santiago to Buenos Aires (50 minutes flight), and I'll invite you an Argentine meat dinner, I'm sure that Juan will join Us.

Thanks again for your help and I hope you can come to visit Us.
    This is my personal email if you want to contact me for any issues about the hose or if you decide to visit Argentina dario_opezzo@hotmail.com (spammers go home please, or will die, I'm an SE of IronPort he,he,he).

Dario

Thanks Dario,

That is a very kind offer, I would love to, however I am going with my partner and her parents to meet all of her family for the first time and I think we will be on a tight schedule doing this. However I will mention it

More likely I would be able to come across the next time we go to South America. I know she would like to see BA (after seeing Evita) too.

I will let you know about the hose.

Thanks
    Jack

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Lee from Walkers Garage says that the pipe is ?15 and recorded delivery within 5 working days is about ?15 too. So it is the same cost as your Alfa Importer. He said it is not made by Samco but instead by SFS who he says are the same quality: http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/

The ?15 delivery price is for 3 pipes as I mentioned that you may want to order more than one in case other Q4 owners in BA wanted the pipe as a spare - this way you can save on shipping costs.

Even if it is only one pipe you order I would not expect the cost for shipping to be much less.

He said you could order it by phone with a credit card if that is ok with you, he will ship it directly, his number is: Lee > +44 (0)1609 777 221.

Jack
    Last edited by AlfaJack; 03-01-08 at 14:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Lee from Walkers Garage says that the pipe is ?15 and recorded delivery within 5 working days is about ?15 too. So it is the same cost as your Alfa Importer. He said it is not made by Samco but instead by SFS who he says are the same quality: http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/

The ?15 delivery price is for 3 pipes as I mentioned that you may want to order more than one in case other Q4 owners in BA wanted the pipe as a spare - this way you can save on shipping costs.

Even if it is only one pipe you order I would not expect the cost for shipping to be much less.

He said you could order it by phone with a credit card if that is ok with you, he will ship it directly, his number is: Lee > +44 (0)1609 777 221.

Jack
    Thank you Alfajack this info is really useful, I'll check with other Q4 owners if they are interested to have the hose too.

About visit Argentina you'll always welcome, try to convince her that we are good guys!!! :-)

Thanks!
    Dario.