Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default 16" wheels for 166 Brembo's

Hi. I now have found a 16" wheel that I can buy locally that fits with the 166 brembo calipers. They are 16 x 7 ET38. Called Sirroco - and available blank so that they can be drilled 4x98.

They would not have fitted with "original bracket" however as there is only 3.5mm clearance around the internal rim. Modifying the bracket so that there is no overhang on the pads puts the caliper 5mm closer to the hub centre - that's why it fits!

I am going to paint them before I put them on... any ideas for color?

Question - what is the official size of the hub ring (that the wheel sits on..) I measure it as 57.9?

Thanks.. Jimm~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jimnielsen View Post

I am going to paint them before I put them on... any ideas for color?

Thanks.. Jimm~
    Why do you want to paint them? Silver like color make a contrast with a totally red car, don't you think? I believe they will give the impression of bigger dia too.
    "Nero Inferno" will make them look smaller in dia.

Nick

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Question - what is the official size of the hub ring (that the wheel sits on..) I measure it as 57.9?

Thanks.. Jimm~
    58.1 is what I have read. I would go for Anthracite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I haven't followed the entire thread, but I ran with original Speedlines and 20 mm spacers with my Porsche calipers and it worked until I pushed the car in the corners, then the tyre touched the wheel arc.

Speedline Superleggera is the best 16" rim I have found when it comes to lateral space for big brakes. But balance weights has to be placed offset the caliper or the wheel won't go round....

An advice: Monoblock calipers are more compact than the cheaper ones Alfa Romeo uses. That is why I went for 993 GT3 / 996 Turbo calipers. But the Boxster S calipers are even better since they are designed for a thinner brake disc (30 mm).

/A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Guys, have you any idea about the Fiat Coupe/ Alfa 166 (2.5 or 3.0) Brembo callipers should fit under 16" OZ Superturismos or should have 17" ? Thanks in advance.

I know I should be the one to make some measurements but honestly I don't know how to do that.

Many greetings,
    Cristian
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

i am using the "fiat coupe" 20vt 4pod brembo brakes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Xti View Post
    Guys, have you any idea about the Fiat Coupe/ Alfa 166 (2.5 or 3.0) Brembo callipers should fit under 16" OZ Superturismos or should have 17" ? Thanks in advance.

I know I should be the one to make some measurements but honestly I don't know how to do that.

Many greetings,
    Cristian
    They will fit under some 16" wheels, but not many!

I know they go under RVO-I with no other modifications but NOT RVO-II because I had to use 15mm spacers to clear the spokes on 17"!

You might be better going for 17s...but the offset is also important or you'll need spacers too.

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by kepsus View Post
    i am using the "fiat coupe" 20vt 4pod brembo brakes
    But which wheels?

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by wrinx View Post
    But which wheels?

wrinx
    Neither I am sure yet.
    Kepsus please let us know, thanks.

They will fit under some 16" wheels, but not many!

I know they go under RVO-I with no other modifications but NOT RVO-II because I had to use 15mm spacers to clear the spokes on 17"!

You might be better going for 17s...but the offset is also important or you'll need spacers too.

wrinx
    Thanks wrinx.

Yes it's hard to find 16" wheels for that Brembo callipers but for some reasons I'd prefere not to go for 17". I'll keep searching for a while.

I was thinking at OZ Superturismos because I like this wheels veeery much and besides that they have kinda convex spokes which makes me hope it will let the Brembos under. Just that these callipers could still be too big (in height) for 16".

OZ Superturismos have ET37 for 16" and ET35 for 17". When it comes to my problem I assume a lower ET is better ET.

I don't know how the 17" OZ Superturismos will fit under a widebody 155 Q4 without touching the wheel arches. I wanted to ask Alfajack about this as I know he runs on 17" OZ ST but I remember now his Q4 is a skiny one.

So many questions...
    Thanks guys, any suggestions are well appreciated.

Cheers,
    Cristian
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Re 16" wheels for the Q4. I did not find it too hard to find 16" wheels for the fiat/166 brake combo - the problem is made harder by two things...

(a). most of the wheels that would fit are not available in 4x98 PCD (meaning more complexity in making the system work)

(b). in the original drawing for the adapter brackets - the calipers overhang the rotor by 5mm. I modified the brackets and the calipers as outlined by AXAQ42 (earlier in this thread) so that there is no overhang - this brings the calipers 5mm closer to the hub center to that you can have a wheel that is 10mm smaller radially and will still fit. The wheels I used would not have fitted in this dimension using the original bracket.

AS far as face clearance is concerned - (the original speedlines have very little) - the 16" wheels I am using now cleared the faces without even using the standard 5mm spacer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

what is the available space radially in your rims?

I have Kosei R-tune double racers, and on first glance they will fit (offset is not a problem) but with mm's to spare radially, the bracket design would definately be of importance...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Re 16" wheels for the Q4. I did not find it too hard to find 16" wheels for the fiat/166 brake combo - the problem is made harder by two things...

(a). most of the wheels that would fit are not available in 4x98 PCD (meaning more complexity in making the system work)

(b). in the original drawing for the adapter brackets - the calipers overhang the rotor by 5mm. I modified the brackets and the calipers as outlined by AXAQ42 (earlier in this thread) so that there is no overhang - this brings the calipers 5mm closer to the hub center to that you can have a wheel that is 10mm smaller radially and will still fit. The wheels I used would not have fitted in this dimension using the original bracket.

AS far as face clearance is concerned - (the original speedlines have very little) - the 16" wheels I am using now cleared the faces without even using the standard 5mm spacer.
    I've been reading the whole thread more careful this time and I understand now your point. Thanks for reminding me some important details and of course to all of you guys for sharing your experience. This wil help me to decide more easily when choosing the wheels for Q4.

Quote Originally Posted by cuore_sportivo_155 View Post
    what is the available space radially in your rims?

I have Kosei R-tune double racers, and on first glance they will fit (offset is not a problem) but with mm's to spare radially, the bracket design would definately be of importance...
    I don't have the new rims so I can't do the measurements yet.
    For the moment I have the original 15" Speedlines and I want to change them just have to decide between 16" and 17" OZ Superturismo WRC.

Is your Kosei 17" ? What ET ?
    Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Cristian
    Last edited by Xti; 25-12-08 at 23:24.
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Radial clearance on the wheels I am using for the 16" fiat/166 setup is 4mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

No help in 16 inch here. But i do have some nice 17 inch.

http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/showthread.php?t=1227

Rimstock pro race 1.2 17 inch but these clear a lot!

And light+ bridgestone re050 available. (17 inch+)

Have to get my brembo big brake kit fitted. But still waiting for them to be drilled 4x98....
    155 Q4 wb 1995
    S2000 2005
    V70R 2005

www.alfa155club.nl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I have this on my Q4 with the brembos from 166 and they fit perfectly(16" ) with no spacer at all.

Cromodora Sparco:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mmm, nice...piccy of them fitted?

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Is your Kosei 17" ? What ET ?
    Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Cristian[/QUOTE]

16*7 (et28 i believe...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Radial clearance on the wheels I am using for the 16" fiat/166 setup is 4mm.
    you don't know the inside diameter? I'll measure my kosei 16" tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mmm, nice...piccy of them fitted?

wrinx
    I m afraid not becouse the car is still in work(bodyshop) but i have made a photoshop pic
    how it will look like(note the car will be pracitcly the same as on the pic)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The inside diameter is:

360mm - measured on top of the wheel boss
    370mm - measured at the mid point of where the caliper sits in these wheels
    390mm - measured at the outside edge.

My wheels are 16x7 ET38 and I am using the standard 5mm spacer that comes with the car. The spacer gives you more radial room for the caliper as with these (and most other) wheels the internal diameter gets larger as you move to the rear of the wheel.

Realistically you need approx 364 mm minimum to fit over the calipers and still have a 1mm or so of clearance - but you only need this much on the part that meets the tallest part of the caliper (not the bit that is actually closest to the boss....

jimn~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

i've fitted a caliper over a disc, and inserted this inside the wheel, and everything lined up where it should, nothing touched that shouldn't... so it'll depend on the bracket design if it'll work or not... forgot to go out to the garage today, but tomorrow is car-business day, as I've informed swimbo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

If anyone is interested, here is my new drawing for 166 calipers with 304mm coup? discs.
    It's not tested yet, just with wood.
    It takes a few weeks to get them manufactured, after that I can tell you more.

calipermont.JPG

166_caliper_to_155_with_304coupedisks.pdf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

This one has been tested by many 155 owners

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/Per...perbracket.pdf

From memory the holes sizes are wrong on the drawing though, they should be something like 14mm and 12.5mm!

wrinx
    wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

This one has been tested by many 155 owners

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wrinx/Per...perbracket.pdf

From memory the holes sizes are wrong on the drawing though, they should be something like 14mm and 12.5mm!

wrinx
    wrinx
    Yes, but with this one, the brake pads are hanging over the discs a few millimeters, so I placed the caliper mount holes 2mm nearer to the other ones.
    The hole sizes are good, because I use a special screw to mount the bracket to the wheelhub.

Fot?0047.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I wish I had thought to use bolts like that - it would have made the mounting simpler, especially when it comes to fitting and removing them..