Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

OK - so I didn't read the post below from Ringman well enough (see below...) - so i DID get soaked! Apart from that removing the belts was (pretty) straight forwards! The belts both look to be in sound condition but the bearing for the lower balance shaft is in very poor condition - I think that just the belts were changed on this car - not the bearings.

I removed the 22mm nut on the crankshaft with a rattle gun. Nothing to it.

The balance belt could be twisted on its longest length about 180 degrees - the timing belt about 110 degrees.

Ok.. The Big Question!!

I think I know how to put the thing back together... but I want to convert the car to a NON air conditioning compressor system by removing the AC compressor. Can I just remove the compressor and use a belt direct from the crank to the power-steering pump in its current position ** OR ** do I have to move the power-steering pump to a new position? Do the AC cars have the correct mounting hardware if I have to move the pump?

thanks, jimn~

Quote Originally Posted by 155'Ringman View Post
    When I changed my belts I got bearings from Tanc Barrett (Which he recommended) to fit in the tensioner and the idler IIRC. You'll have fun with the bolt holding on the rear section of the belt cover.....

It goes through a water jacket so when you take it out, you'll get soaked :-)

I think the only other thing that gave me trouble was that bl**dy PAS & AC arrangement.
    Attached Images Attached Images