Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying BerlinaSportivo :: Italian Sports Saloons but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Its that time of the year again...

When I start hankering over a 75. I guess its because I just read an article about a car with a Harvey Bailey handling kit on it. Originally I fancied a 75 turbo, but after some thought, I'm coming round to the idea of a tuned 2.0L 8v . 140bhp as standard, but what are the possibilities for this engine? How difficult would it be to get it to 200bhp Not sure why I want to get another one, but I wish i hadn't got rid of the last one.

Someone talk me out of it.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The 2.0 8V doesn't strike me as an easy engine to tune up. I think for an extra 60bhp, good starting point would be some funky cams, and maybe throttle bodies...I guess you don't want a turbo as on a RWD car like that it could cause the back end to fly out unpredictably? How about a supercharger project for its smoother power delivery?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

cams on a 8v are worthless, because you loose the variator and thus power below 6k rpm. decat, new manifolds, head porting, lightening the flywheel, balancing the engine and 11:1 pistons with 0.5 mm headskim finished off with a custom remap will get you about 200 Bhp. It's what I'm supposed to be doing to my 155 but haven't gpt time between 2 jobs and a family...

about the cams, take a look here... http://www.squadra-tuning.nl/NL/nokk.../CB_20_TS.html
    Last edited by cuore_sportivo_155; 29-08-07 at 17:06.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Just landed another contract round here so it looks like I might have some cash to put towards a 75. Thats if nothing on the Q4 goes wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by cuore_sportivo_155 View Post
    cams on a 8v are worthless, because you loose the variator and thus power below 6k rpm. decat, new manifolds, head porting, lightening the flywheel, balancing the engine and 11:1 pistons with 0.5 mm headskim finished off with a custom remap will get you about 200 Bhp. It's what I'm supposed to be doing to my 155 but haven't gpt time between 2 jobs and a family...

about the cams, take a look here... http://www.squadra-tuning.nl/NL/nokk.../CB_20_TS.html
    Ouu I take it those figures are for a cam upgrade taken in isolation. Looks like the head is the limiting factor on an 8v, needs opening up somewhat I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

you're limited with that also, the port size can be made about a mm larger without going to larger valves (good luck finding!).

they really benefit from a better exhaust... manifold, decat and remap should get you +30 bhp...