Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default How much would my Q4 be worth?

Hi guys, wondering if you might be able to help on this one. Apologies if it's the wrong forum, but my car will be up for sale soon. Basically, I've decided the time has almost come where I will sell the Q4 and move on. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant car and I've loved owning it, but I want something faster and rear wheel drive. Now the thing is it needs a few things doing, but I'm not sure just to sell it as it stands, or fix it and then sell.

The clutch has started to slip on it, and whilst the car drives perfectly well, it does need doing in the near future. I have the clutch and release bearing, but it will obviously need fitting. Also, thanks to a bus collision and blow out, the drivers door and wing are damaged. It's purely cosmetic (those of you at NAD would have seen it) and a pretty easy repair. There are a few scrapes and scuffs on the bumper (none by me), a few rust bubbles coming through on the rear wing, along with a dent, and the alloys have been curbed. The ABS doesn't work, the aircon needs regassing and there are a few tears in the driver's seat, headlight washers not connected, along with the usual Alfa rattles and occasional phantom warning lights.

That aside, the mechanicals are sweet as a nut, it pulls very well (clutch aside), turbo is fine and there is no crunching or whine from the diffs. You get all the usual toys (heated electric seats and mirrors, climate control, sunblind etc.) Recent new battery and clutch slave cylinder, as well as oil changes every 6 months. It has OZ alloys with nearly new Falken fronts, full stainless exhaust, lowered on Koni springs, induction kit, turbo timer, rear spoiler, Momo gearknob, Goodridge braided hoses, Mountney steering wheel and a Thatcham alarm/immobiliser. It will have a fresh MOT, tax until December, and a big folder full of history, including the import papers. Two owners since import and always been well looked after; I've covered about 6000 miles since buying it.

So basically whilst it needs a bit of tidying, it is still a sound car (and of course, very rare.) I've always taken care of it, never ragged or thrashed, and always left to run down on the timer. So what I'm wondering is, how much would it be worth as it is, and how much if I fitted the clutch and had the damage repaired? I've also got some spares with it, such as the original instrument pod and steering wheel. It's not for sale as such at the moment as I'll be giving it a damn good clean and tidy first, but will be within a month or so.

Any help appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

if it's lhd I might be interested.... just need to convince the wife we need another 155....

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

All Q4s are

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

no rhd ever produced?

Nick

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by arjunior45 View Post
    no rhd ever produced?

Nick
    Never by Alfa, but I have never heard of a conversion either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

@ Negative Creep

For example the Q4 I've just bought was in danger to be overtake by some "wheeler dealer" (sorry but my english couldn't allow me very much now...) and only God knows where would it end. I've chased this car ( it's very hard for me to think at him like a "thing" because here it's about much more) for more than 3 month because at that moment it was a little bit expensive for me. But one day I received a phonecall from the owner asking me about my last offer. What I want to say is that I preffered to buy this Q4 just in it's very bad shape as it was and that for at least two reasons: 1) less money; 2) the most important = I want to repair it my way...as good as I possibly can.
    I hope this would give you one more perspective for your selling. I'd like you to keep it but I'm sure you know better what is best . Cheers and good luck !
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Negative, don't do it.