Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Dedra Intregrale rear diff.

Right can anyone shed any light on whether the Dedra 'grale rear diff is a Torsen unit (Q4/Delta) or an electronically locable unit?
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I can say whit certinty that its the same drive.Have dismanteled the whole drive of a dedra integrale last weekend and its the same as in Q4 .Period
    I swear i didnt do it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Cheers for that, they were all 8v engines though weren't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

yes all 8v mine had a big olll Hole in it
    I swear i didnt do it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Talking

well this post just saved me a lot of searching. Going to get a diff tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I have just checked on eper in says the dedra is with normal differential with electric locking. The diff housing is the same however. Are you sure about what you're saying that it is a torsen ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

I must say I always thought the Dedra diff was an open type with electronic locking facility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    I must say I always thought the Dedra diff was an open type with electronic locking facility.
    Yes it is.
    http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/sho...7&postcount=95

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Short question to the Dedra Integrale diff.
    I have heard that this diff. should be much more robust than the Torsen from Alfa 155 Q4.
    Can someone confirm this statement?!
    Thank you
    Juergen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Stichl View Post
    Short question to the Dedra Integrale diff.
    I have heard that this diff. should be much more robust than the Torsen from Alfa 155 Q4.
    Can someone confirm this statement?!
    Thank you
    Juergen
    Q4 has the strongest as far as i know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

There I am not sure, example from net:

FERRARI KILLER / 750 HP Lancia Delta HF integrale EVO

Words and Photos / Saulius Jarasiunas

Ferrari owners living in Sweden should be afraid of this carbon black Lancia. It's supposed to be that car which costs many hundred thousands has the best look, performance and comfort. Then we talk about Ferrari it is almost true. Unfortunately there are some street cars which can compete and even ?kill? Ferrari.

Lancia is a rally legend, but it never was so powerful and so fast. Jonas ? the owner of this record braking Lancia spent some years developing it's ?baby?. The whole story was not so happy as it could look like today. Where was lots of bad days braking expensive parts and collecting unwritten car tuning experience.

One litter producing over 350 BHP is perfect, but then it has two liter engine which pushes like 750 horses it's more then you can imagine. Don't forget that it's not just a race car, it's a street legal car and you can see it flying in Stockholm and looking for another red painted victim.

Jonas says he has put under the hood the best parts that he could find around the globe and I can say it looks like it is true. Ok let's look under the hood. First look made me an impression. All parts were made very precisely and fitted carefully. There are only few stock parts left and these parts like camshaft cover has no influence to engine performance.

Maximum 750 BHP power is produced at over 8000 rpm at 2.6 bar boost. To achieve such parameters every moving engine part must be forged from the best quality material. Very high boost produced by Turbonetics turbocharger requires metal head gasket and strongest head bolts. Special equal length exhaust manifold and huge down pipe increases turbo spool up.

Another important part on this Lancia that has big influence to an overall engine performance is intake manifold. Correctly designed intake manifold plenum helps balance flow into all cylinders. Big fat manifold runners give excellent power at high revs.

Three high flow fuel pumps supply fuel to the engine. First pump delivers high-octane fuel to a receiver located near the engine. Other two supplies fuel rail that has four 1000 cc injectors.

Engine is controlled by Australian engine management system Autronic. Whole engine was tuned on engine dyno. Engine dynamometer is the best way to tune high power engine.

Well, what about transmission? This is the most difficult area of high power 4 WD cars. It is the first thing that will break. Jonas has many times repaired his gearbox and finally he replaced all week parts will special reinforced ones. Center differential is 100% locked (no viscous left) and the rear diff is manually lockable (standard torsion diff break very fast and was replaced).

As you can see this Lancia Delta HF integrale Evoliuzione has special registration number. Only three letters says everything. This is very special car and I hope so that we'll have opportunity to write about such cars in future. ? C YA?!

It seems, that this 750HP Integrale uses the Dedra diff as well???
    Juergen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I don't think, that it is stronger. For this really powerful car, I don't think that mentioned manual locking rear differential is Dedra one, which is electronically locked by a button on the dash as was mentioned already.

From what I have read generally torsen differential is stronger than open one (what basically dedra rear differential is).
    Also handling with dedra integrale differential is worse compared to torsen (nothing strange here). Jiv use dedra diff on his Q4 and wasn't happy with the behavior ... (and broke it, but reason was not differential itself I think ...).
    In my opinion, on that car was used plate type differential, which can be set with different locking ratio mechanically.
    One performance car is not enough ...
    Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB Q2