no, it's the q4 standard pipe

sub555 Guest

sorry i ment the red coloured elbow section

j1v Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sub555
    sorry i ment the red coloured elbow section
    standard 90 degree 76 -> 63 mm reducer elbow from viper performance

K.Kotkas Guest

So, How is it running ? Any dyno sheets ?

impatient to know..

j1v Guest

Quote Originally Posted by K.Kotkas
    So, How is it running ? Any dyno sheets ?

impatient to know..
    Actually it's not runnig - head gasket failure on 1.4 boost. Everything else was perfect - afr, egt, conservative advance.

I've made a single compromise with the headgasket (a local bulgarian "performance" shop made it), and this compromise costed me a lot of money, time and headaches.

I already have the cometic gasket, a new tubular exhaust collector, lancia intake and a set of 650cc siemens injectors.

Will post the hole story soon, now I'm concentrating on getting it up again between the other projects that me and my friend are working on.

j1v Guest

What's the deal with the "quote" thing on this forum, I've seen other users having the same problem ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Not sure about the quotes, i will have a look in to it with Steve and look for the prob

K.Kotkas Guest

Darn, thats bad to hear. Ok, waiting for your full report then..

My project is lagging behind. It seems, that Estonia is a total hell hole, and 3 week delivery of parts should be considered next day here.. Sic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack
    Not sure about the quotes, i will have a look in to it with Steve and look for the prob
    I've noticed this problem before, but it seems to be getting worse recently. I don't particulaly want to upgrade the forum version as its not that far out of date.
    I've made a couple of changes, so we will have to see if it works.

I've disabled HTML in the forum for the time being, so at least for the while please use BBcode instead. Details can be found Here

Steve
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Nice one, now your sig looks right too

j1v Guest

Some of the things I have done, while waiting for piston rings from Woessner (this is the place I have to say that I am totally disappointed by them, it's been almost 2 months of mails and waiting)

As I am using a Cosworth turbine, it had the flange for a restrictor , so I did a smooth transition in place of it:

4 egt probes to monitor individual runner temperatures.

4 new 650cc siemens injectors

A tubular exhaust manifold, borrowed form a friend. I don't actually like it very much, so I guess I'll have to make my self another one. The runners are different length, it is re-welded on several places etc.

A Lancia integrale intake. There are some space isssues, as it is very very close to the engine hood. However everithing becomes much cleaner and accessible, so I guess it is worth it.

Cometic headgasket, thicker than stock. The other two gaskets are for a BMW 1.8is and an Mitsubishi eclipse turbo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Looking good! Hope the piston rings turn up soon

j1v Guest

Well they are here finally.

Some other stuff I'm dealing with these days:

Juan AR155Q4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by j1v
    Well they are here finally.

Some other stuff I'm dealing with these days:

What material are you planning to do it? stainless?

j1v Guest

yes, 304 stainless, 42.2x2mm (ID 38.2)

K.Kotkas Guest

hmm, design in SolidWorks ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

If you are going to be measuring individual runner temps, I'm assuming the probes are going before the turbo. Aren't you worried about them breaking down and damaging the turbo?

Nice idea though. I am thinking about using the spare threaded hole on the turbo elbow for an EGT probe.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

j1v Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb

If you are going to be measuring individual runner temps, I'm assuming the probes are going before the turbo. Aren't you worried about them breaking down and damaging the turbo?

Nice idea though. I am thinking about using the spare threaded hole on the turbo elbow for an EGT probe.
    Yes, it is not an impossible scenario, but i still did not have issues with broken probes. However, I'll use the individual probes just as a tuning tool, on various cars, and for daily monitoring I'll be using the single probe of the zt-2 after the turbine wheel.

j1v Guest

hmm, design in SolidWorks ?
    that's right

K.Kotkas Guest

I got me thinking here... You dont mention, what ecu you are using. Megsquirt, Vems, Hestec ?

j1v Guest

I got me thinking here... You dont mention, what ecu you are using. Megsquirt, Vems, Hestec ?
    No, I'm still using the stock ECU with a custom chip. Now I'm planning a dual chip upgrade with two settings - street (low boost, conservative advance, regular fuel) and race (high boost, high octane fuel, advance tunned for best power, etc.)

I have done several cars with a Megasquirt (including my track car, a Chrysler neon), but I still prefer the stock ECU for the Q4, because I want it as a daily driver.

Juan AR155Q4 Guest

Yes, it is not an impossible scenario, but i still did not have issues with broken probes. However, I'll use the individual probes just as a tuning tool, on various cars, and for daily monitoring I'll be using the single probe of the zt-2 after the turbine wheel.
    Question about ZT-2, have you conected pressure input directly to MAP signal?
    Zeitonix recomends to use a 3.5 bar sensor (that they sell and I didnīt buy). But Iīm planning on using the OEM MAP (I think itīs a 2.5 bar sensor).
    The extra input Iīll use it for knock.

j1v Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Juan AR155Q4
    Question about ZT-2, have you conected pressure input directly to MAP signal?
    Zeitonix recomends to use a 3.5 bar sensor (that they sell and I didnīt buy). But Iīm planning on using the OEM MAP (I think itīs a 2.5 bar sensor).
    The extra input Iīll use it for knock.
    Well, actually I'm planing to run the stock ECU with the zeitronix 3.5 MAP sensor, because I have it.

Juan AR155Q4 Guest

Well, actually I'm planing to run the stock ECU with the zeitronix 3.5 MAP sensor, because I have it.
    OK, So I think Iīd have to make some electronic trick so I can use the OEM MAP.
    Thanks anyway!!