Thread: hoses

sub555 Guest

Default hoses

im trying to get a set of samco hoses for my car, turbo hoses and radiator hoses does anyone know if the integrale ones are the same or where i can get any from any help please

Brul(tm) Guest

I realy don't know.

I have been looking for hoses a couple of years ago, nobody could help me. I found a company in .NL who could make the hoses from an original one, but when he told me whats it would cost I got a temporary health problem :shock: It's still a wish to replace the original hoses, but haven't been looking lately. If you found something, let us know

Greetings,
    Marc

sub555 Guest

okay no prob ile let you know if i do

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Brul(tm)
    I realy don't know.

I have been looking for hoses a couple of years ago, nobody could help me. I found a company in .NL who could make the hoses from an original one, but when he told me whats it would cost I got a temporary health problem :shock: It's still a wish to replace the original hoses, but haven't been looking lately. If you found something, let us know

Greetings,
    Marc
    I saw a program once on how Samco hoses are made by matching them to the originals, very impressive and will last years but lots of MONEY :shock:

wrinx Guest

Don't Samco do lots of generic tubing? Might be possible to match something up if you measure the pipes.

wrinx

Juan AR155Q4 Guest

I thing they are not the same. Just saying this for pictures I've seen.

As wrinx says, you'll have to find ones that matches, but it's going to be a hard work. Maybe you could talk with some dealear of Samco.

sub555 Guest

hopefull found some one that can help will post pics n info when sorted

Brul(tm) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sub555
    hopefull found some one that can help will post pics n info when sorted
    That sounds great looking forward to see some pictures

Greetings,
    Marc

djsly Guest

just a question: why samco hoses? For styling? If so, then it's an expensive one!

If for performance, then OEM hoses will do the work just fine. Only if your boost is around 2 bar. Even then you can get silicone hoses from any dealer that holds those kind of hoses. They can make a custom ones just for you. Even so, they would be cheaper than samco's.

Samco is just for prestiege and showoff.

just my point of view.

sub555 Guest

so where can you recomend i am willing to save money seen as the car is a big money pit any way any help is a ppreciated

markgq4 Guest

Subs,

when i was looking at changing to a FM intercooler recently i found on ebay a few places selling universal kits for around Ģ80 if i remember rightly
    which consisted of several 90degree bends in silicone and some straight runs of steel(?)alloy tubing from which i think it would be possible to make up the Q4`s turbo hose route quite simply
    the only odd peice on the q4 is the final piece to the throttle body/plenum

best of luck mate

155-tbo Guest

Nothing odd about, that last one. Just 2,5" - 3" Reducer silicone elbow.

Sorry about low quality mobilepictures

Brul(tm) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 155-tbo
    Sorry about low quality mobilepictures
    Picures are just fine Looking at the pictures makes me wonder about how much lag there might be : I mean, quiet a large intercooler and the pipes take a longer route from the turbo to the manifold. How does this perform in real life? Did you replace the standard turbo for a bigger one?
    I'm thinking of placing a bit smaller intercool, half the height you used.

Greetings,
    Marc

155-tbo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brul(tm)
    Looking at the pictures makes me wonder about how much lag there might be : I mean, quiet a large intercooler and the pipes take a longer route from the turbo to the manifold. How does this perform in real life? Did you replace the standard turbo for a bigger one?
    I'm thinking of placing a bit smaller intercool, half the height you used.

Greetings,
    Marc
    I donīt feel any extra lag yet Now itīs my time to replace the turbo. Maybe next summer I have time and money to do that. And the pipes arenīt really so much longer, than standars ones. That because the first hose from turbo to IC is only 15-20 cm long. Standar one is lot of longer, than that. The car is still nice to drive and I like it. Only thing what is wrong is too little turbo and too little HP numbers Iīm planning, that next evolution has 350-400 HP, but we will see. There is lot of problem, that has to solve before that.