Thread: 155 Q4 for sale

pitucas Guest

Default 155 Q4 for sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Interesting, to my knowledge Auto Italia only ever did one feature on the Q4, when it was compared to the Dedra Intregrale, and they used a guy called Darko's car, the test was cut short as the PAS pump failed. However the cambelt on the car failed and it sat outside his house for a while until his wife 'gave' it away to Autodelta. He was looking for the car again recently.
    Strange that the car (if it is the same one) should end up in Suffolk when he used to live in North London.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

markgq4 Guest

hi Steve,
    not so strange the car should move, i bought my first one from poole in dorset when i lived in brighton and the second one from northampton when i was also in brighton and now its near manchester... they will move about cos of the rarity factor...

thats not to say it makes it the same car

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Yeah I know, I went all the way to Glasgow from London to get my Q4. But if it is the same car, then its gone from North London, to west London to Suffolk with a knackered engine. Which is a little odd. Or it isn't the car from the Auto Itaila feature I'm thinking about. Which is probably the case.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

wrinx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb
    Interesting, to my knowledge Auto Italia only ever did one feature on the Q4, when it was compared to the Dedra Intregrale, and they used a guy called Darko's car, the test was cut short as the PAS pump failed. However the cambelt on the car failed and it sat outside his house for a while until his wife 'gave' it away to Autodelta. He was looking for the car again recently.
    Strange that the car (if it is the same one) should end up in Suffolk when he used to live in North London.
    It looks like it's the same one. I dug the article out, not the best of reads

This car's been sold now

wrinx

markgq4 Guest

do we know who bought it then?
    it was snapped up preety quickly!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Guy in Scotland, f1lmm on alfa155.org

Portelloman Guest

Default Autodelta Q4 now in Suffolk

Hi All,

As I have said to jack, I bought the car from a guy at Auto delta a couple of years ago and sold it last year, and I seem to remember the owners name was Darko or similar. Anyway I have the photos of the car and yes, i sold it to a guy in Suffolk.

It was a real mess and would have cost a fourtune to restore but the buyer wanted it as spares for his Lancia. I still have his number and will contact him to see what the situation is with the car if anyone is interested.

PM

wrinx Guest

It should be in Scotland by now...

wrinx

Portelloman Guest

Default Autodelta Q4 sold to Suffolk

Hi,
    Just checked the paperwork and indeed the previous owner was a "Darko Dojin". who was the second owner. The car was supplied by Charles Ivey who registered the car on the 11.3.93 I guess as a demonstrater and on the 17.9.94 was sold to the first owner who lived in Chigwell

Autodelta lowered the car with new springs just before the cambelt went and it was laid up for months, parts went missing, electrics stripped etc but the cars interior was pretty much intact and in good condition. I bought it on the 19th Auust 2004. (I still have the pictures on CD)

It was sold by me to the buyer in Woodbridge Suffolk on the 23.9.2005 but where it has gone from there I don't know although i am trying to contact the buyer. Steve (in France) has the pictures, and as far as I know he featured the car on his website in 2004/5.

If I find anymore info I will post it if anyone is interested.

PM

wrinx Guest

All the info you need is in the posts above...it's in Scotland and owned by the Father of F1mm. He's known as "the one" on 155.org.

There's a picture of the engine bay on 155.org, I think it's been fixed.

wrinx

Portelloman Guest

Default Q4 Scotland

Had a mail from Scotland this morning. It is now running and due for an MOT on Monday. Pics will be on 155.org so be interetsing to see how it looks now.

markgq4 Guest

Hi Mr P

bit off topic, but whats the better car then the Q4 or the GTA ?

Portelloman Guest

Default GTA or Q4

Not sure yet as the previous Q4s were non runners when I bought them and sold them on. This one, well its like new BUT unregistered as yet so when I get it on the road I shall reply. They both have a wow factor certainly, the GTA being I suspect slightly more reliable (but I say slightly having had to have a new cambelt, heads, etc only after 40K miles - which Alfa did for me to be honest at their expence!)

Will come back to you under a new topic.

PM