pavs Guest

Default Where can I get a chip

Squadra want an arm and a leg and can't find anybody else?

cuore_sportivo_155 Guest

http://www.cth.be/index.php/chipDetail/1039/ Still about an arm and a leg though. It's worthwile to go there and have a custom map made, it'll gain you much more and you'll get a before and after dyno run to boot.

Brul(tm) Guest

I can only advise Squadra to you. Stephan knows what he is doing and has a lot of experiance making custom chips for Alfa's.

Looking at the site from C.T.H. gives me a weird feeling.
    The information on the site is incorrect (200016 cc ) and the performance boost is that low that I wonder if they know what they are doing

I agree that €340,= is a lot of money, but it's worth every cent
    But I stick with somebody who knows what he's doing and has a lot of satisfied customers.

Greetings,
    Marc

155'Ringman Guest

The Squadra chip changed my car totally and now I like it.... Before it was sooooo slugish and unresponsive but that's all much improved.

Sorry but I think it's worth it.

q4fatboy Guest

Stupid Question Time:

As i already have a Hybrid Turbo fitted and am looking to fit a 2.5" Stainless Exhaust (see other thread) will I need a custom chip or will the Squadra one work fine ?

It seems that overall the Squadra Chip seems the best value for money

cuore_sportivo_155 Guest

I think you'd better bok a midweek vacation in Holland, and have a custom map made, the results will be better than the standard chip (for standard engines). Maybe you could combine it with a trackday at Zandvoort or something.

Cheers,
    Cuore_Sportivo_155

Brul(tm) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cuore_sportivo_155
    have a custom map made
    You're absolutly right. This is also going to be a little bit more expensive... you need to rent the dyno to I suggest you get in contact with Stephan to find out when/how he can help you.

Greetings,
    Marc

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

What is the max power and torque that can be achieved from a custom re-map whilst ensuring reliability?

Squadra claims about 50bhp more, TBH (ok I did not drive it for too long on the standard chip) I did not feel like i had that much more, there was a difference but not massive

Brul(tm) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack
    Squadra claims about 50bhp more
    What I rember from the conversation with Stephan is that with the standard setup (all original engine) this would be a safe improvement whitout compromissing reliability.

More is possible, but you need to change more, head gasket, stronger bolds, cams, etc, etc.

Greetings,
    Marc

Negative Creep Guest

how much do squadra charge then?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

€340 or £230, used to be a lot more I think!

http://www.squadra-tuning.com/English/EN_pricelist.htm

q4fatboy Guest

Going down the custom route is significantly more expense as you pay for chip, labour and dyno time. The Squadra chip looks reasonable value and I can always change it for another one later on.

I use my car daily so do need to err towards reliability and as I am also in for the cost of an exhaust I don't really want to start having the additional cost of opening up the engine for head gasket, bolts etc.

As with everything on this car slow and easy may be the best way, besides with a chip releasing close to 40 plus BHP and the a free flowing exhaust without the Cat should release a few more then a 25% increase in power should be more than enought for present.