Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Converting a headlight

Just a quick post about swapping headlights from RHD > LHD and vice versa

1. Take the whole headlight unit out of the car.
    2. Prise the clips off from the glass

3.Move back the rubber seal, and undo the screws holding the inner light unit .

4. This will release the large reflector, allowing you to get to individual light units. Unscrew the dipped light unit (circular one) and you will see the following.

The metal part with the arrow pointing at it is what determins which way the light beam goes. You can unscrew this metal part and rotate it, which will change the direction.

As per the Haynes manual, refitting is the reverse of removal.

These pics were taken a few months ago so apologies if any of the above is inacurate.

By the way, try not to touch any glass parts at all once you have the front cover off.

Steve
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

OpaNkaR Guest

Default Re: Converting a headlight

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb

The metal part with the arrow pointing at it is what determins which way the light beam goes. You can unscrew this metal part and rotate it, which will change the direction.
    Are you sure you were able to unscrew the metal part.
    I was renewing my lights last week and i had to drill to get this metal part of. Actually I was upgading to xenon. Later I will post some pix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Well you can unscrew them on my headlights, thats not to say that all the 155 headlights are the same.
    Be very interested to see you Xenon upgrade.

Steve
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Negative Creep Guest

I'll try this tomorrow, but how roughly should the beam be set. If you're driving on the right the n/s beam should be straight ahead and the o/s pointing slightly inwards; correct?