Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Stuntz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb
    Hi Alan, glad you have finally taken the plunge and registered with the forum, Alfa 33 RWD, interesting, is it based on a P4?

Well yes and no if he will want he wil post the pictures and the whole arcticle by himself. I can only say from experience the car goes fenomenaly Sideways but alan is a great dirver and mechanic in spite of his love for the ditches when I am sitting in the co drivers seat

Alan Guest

@ stuntz

:mrgreen:

@ Steve Webb

I started drifting with my 33 almost 3 years ago. We have had a fwd drift competition and i was the winner in year 2006.
    Then they banned fwd class and everybody told me buy a bmw it's best for drift.
    Well because of my love for alfa 33 i bought a P4 with rotten shell and good drivetrain and swaped all to a fwd shell. Ofcourse there was some cutting and welding

You can see all the project here http://www.slo-drift.com/test/viewto...er=asc&start=0
    It's in slovenian language, but there is a lot of pictures, rwd and stuff is from page 17.

Some stats:
    720kg
    150HP
    0-100km/h around 6,5 sec
    230km/h+

There are some clips on youtube(tags: alfa 33 drift), and a clip of fwd drift with my 155 --> [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0SxDYolYY"]YouTube - Alfa 155 drift[/ame]

mindus Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm from Lithuania and I'm just finishing the running-in of the engine we're building (currently just forged internals and an aftermarket exhaust manifold). After the running-in will be finished, some more work is awaiting... When the project will be finished, will post more info in the forum.

Nice having this forum and so many Q4 enthusiasts here, keep it going

Greetings!

Stuntz Guest

Hi nice to have oyu here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi mindus !
    I'm at the beginning with mine too and looking forward to see your work done.
    I wish you good luck with your project.
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Just to say Hello to everyone here, some people might know me, some might not.

regards
    Darko

ps
    I've seen that my old car has changed hands a few times now, but hey, hopefully somebody will restore it to it's former glory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by babaroga View Post
    Just to say Hello to everyone here, some people might know me, some might not.

regards
    Darko

ps
    I've seen that my old car has changed hands a few times now, but hey, hopefully somebody will restore it to it's former glory.

Hi Darko, I certainly remember you, I've still got your strut brace on my car. Nice to see you back on here. So what are you driving these days?
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

get yourself a glass of water and something sweet now

Renault Grand Espace and Smart for2...... Third kid due in October. First time in 14 years we are alfa-less family

anyway, I still have front left wing for 155 (narrow body) in my shed if somebody needs it...

I am also in big dillema wht to get as a proper car. New Alfas are not apealing to me at all, time constraints are ruling out Grale and Q4...thinking of SZ but it needs more grunt...

how is your new life in France ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Blimey thats all abit of a turn up for the books. Last time I spoke to you , you were living with your brother and had just written off your Fiat Barchetta. I hope the Smart for2 is for the missus?

Life in France is good, busy at the moment as its the middle of holiday season and our gites are full. Steadily getting to grips with the language and the food, mind you the wine was no problems for me.

Still got the Q4, but its in a state of semi-retirement. Only ever gets brought out on special occations, and still got the 500, which is in a permanent state of rebuild. At the moment the front is off of it, soon to be replaced by brand new panels.

An SZ would be nice, pricey to start messing about with though, although the thought of a 3.5l conversion would be tempting wouldn't it. I know what you mean about the new Alfas, they aren't appealing like the older ones. Anything after (and including) the 156 leaves me cold. If I had to buy an everyday hack, I would much prefer a 75 to a 156.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default New Alfa Q4 owner on the forum

Hello I am new to the forum but not to Alfa's. I have a US model (sort of) 1995 164 Q4 with 135 klms on the clock Recaro int (factory) and I have owned over 35 other Alfa's. I have had my Q4 for a few months now and enjoy it every time I drive it
    LENARD
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2537319
    Current
    03 156
    06 Quattroporte
    92 164 with 18k
    and six other 164s
    Past cars to many to list
    More to come

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Lenard, welcome to the forum.

Thats quite a 164 collection you have had

As you are in the US, do you happen to know who it is who can repair the ICS unit LEDs? My dads 164 panel is playing up a bit.

Jack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Lenard,

Nice to have you on the forum, can't wait to see a few pics of your Q4, isn't the 164 Q4 the one with the sexy Getrag 6sp gearbox?

If you want an entry in the Q4 Register, I'm sure we can find a spot for you.

Steve

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Lenard

Welcome to the forum...

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Welcome Lenard, it is always a pleasure to meet such an Alfa enthusiast. About your 164 Q4...I'm speachless.
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack View Post
    Hi Lenard, welcome to the forum.

Thats quite a 164 collection you have had

As you are in the US, do you happen to know who it is who can repair the ICS unit LEDs? My dads 164 panel is playing up a bit.

Jack

Jack there is a guy here in CA that fixes the lcd's for about $550 US if you need his contact info I can send it to you.

I miss a few of my old 164's I had a 91 L auto and it was a good car also the S 12v model (clover) was a nice car. I have owned over 15 164's and can not wait till buy another!

Heres a old pic,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LENARD
    Current
    03 156
    06 Quattroporte
    92 164 with 18k
    and six other 164s
    More to come

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    Hi Lenard,

Nice to have you on the forum, can't wait to see a few pics of your Q4, isn't the 164 Q4 the one with the sexy Getrag 6sp gearbox?

If you want an entry in the Q4 Register, I'm sure we can find a spot for you.

Steve
    Yes it has the six speed and it came with two spares one rebuilt and one used.
    LENARD
    Current
    03 156
    06 Quattroporte
    92 164 with 18k
    and six other 164s
    More to come

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 164family View Post
    Yes it has the six speed and it came with two spares one rebuilt and one used.
    They must be worth a bit!!
    EDIT: Strangely just seen a link for a 6sp for sale!:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Alfa-Romeo-164-V6...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the info on the ICS guy, I dont think he will want to pay that much, he only paid double that for the whole car!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Wow that looks like a deal to be had on that trans. I have yet to see one for sale and now I do.
    LENARD
    Current
    03 156
    06 Quattroporte
    92 164 with 18k
    and six other 164s
    More to come

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Lots of new people joining at the moment, so come on new guys, introduce yourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default new onwer

hello everybody,

my name is Franck, french, 28 years old, married and a happy 155 Q4 serie 1 onwer.

All my congratulations for this website is a really 155 Q4 bible. for example now i know what is the "bag" in my trunk
    1992 155 Q4 Rosso Alfa 130
    2005 156 Q4 Nerro metalico (diesel )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Franck and welcome to the forum.
    Hmmm, two generations of Q4. Congratulations.

Cheers,
    Cristian.
    Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 WB '95
    Alfa Romeo per sempre !

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Ged, welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your Alfa's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Well hello there too. My name is Homme and I currently own 2 running 155s and one breaker that has to go ASAP. The runners are a 97 16V 2.0 with liquid propane injection (dialy driver) and a 93 V6 with a 3.0 12V from a 164 spooned into it.

The breaker is a 94 2.5 V6 that had to go after I busted a big-end bearing and I could get the 3.0 car for about the same amount of money as getting a 3.0 for the 2.5 and putting it in.

The 3.0 will be much more modified than it's current state, right now it has full leather, strut-brace, Biltein B6 rear, Eibach lowering, of course the 3.0 engine and ECU, stainless catback with sebring noisybox, open air filter. Short term plans are: 17" OZ superturismos (35 anniversary preferably, going to get them tonight if everything works out), WhiteLine ARBs (have to pick them up, already paid for), D2 rally-asphalt kit (go Steve!), BMC-CDA airfilter and Remus exhaust in stead of the Sebring (both are on the shelf already). Longer term mods will be PU bushes in the lower wishbones and either a MegaSquirt or a GoTech ECU. Also in the works is a conversion to GTA 4pods, and quickrack steering rack. I still need a rack, brakelines and a set of discs to get that done.

The 2.0 is a daily driver and as such, gets regular maintenance, the full leathers from the old V6 will be put in eventually and the bilsteins from the new V6 once the D2 kit arrives. Other than that I have no big plans for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Smile I'm back baby

Hi all long time no see
    Last time I visited was a long time ago. So I just thought I dropped in and say hi.
    The Q4 still runs like a beast. And in the meantime my Q4 count has gone up to 3. The Monster, the everyday-car (and future spareparts lender) and the 3th one I bought with a damaged engine also for spare parts. So it seems my Monster will have a long and happy life ?)
    Cheers from Switzerland
    Serge
    get in, sit down, hold tight and shut up!
    Lieber N?rburgring statt Ehering!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi serge,

Good to hear from you. It almost seems normal on here these days for people to have 3 Q4's!