Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Clutch Problem ?

Hello,

My clutch had issues back in 2017 (slip in high rev) so I bought a new Valeo kit and replaced it. Its worked like it should up until last week when after a Y-turn my cluth pedal was started to vibrate as soon as I pushed over the initial backlash. The vibration is the same as the engines. Does this mean I have to buy another kit after less than 3 years and ~15000kms or is there a cheaper/easier way to fix this ?
    1995 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 , 1995 cc Standard Standard Black

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

First "issue" look as normal wear and maybe also the engine was tuned. Does the disc look worn out then if you know.
    That vibration is an issue and its cause have to be investigated after disassembly. Here is one good article on that subject, which I found which is in Bulgarian, but you can use google translate -> https://motofocus.bg/novini/3496/vib...eizpravnostite
    One performance car is not enough ...
    Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB Q2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I've talked with two mechanics, one of them drove my car and both said its clutch issue. The car was fine until last week when the pedal was stayed on the floor after shifting when I wanted to drove out from a parking lot.
    This pretty much means the clutch-set have to be replaced (or at least investigated after disassembly) and I doubt I will buy Valeo again and will probably opt for Sachs instead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

So you get vibration through the pedal as soon as you take up the slack and start to disengage the clutch, and you had the pedal stay on the floor after you had pressed the clutch.

It might not be a problem with the clutch plate, but maybe the release bearing, breaking up or binding up on the shaft.

Had the clutch started to slip again? Was the release bearing replaced when the clutch was replaced?

Whatever it might be, the engine and gearbox will need to be separated to investigate.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I had vibration on the pedal as soon as I pushed it. The "stayed on floor" happened after used the car for 3 times (~200km) with vibration.
    There was not any slipping issue since the clutch was replaced back in late 2017.
    If I remember correctly the release bearing wasnt replaced (in 2017) and according to the mechanic who is working on my car it was indeed the cause of the problem so I am now waiting for his reply to what other stuffs are need to be replaced.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Release bearings should always be replaced, they usually come with the clutches.
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk