This post is related to wheels, something that have been mentioned several times so far. So first here is some summary:
- silver Borbet type E 16” 7.5J 4x98 - the car was initially with these and 215/40-R16 tyres. They was sold as I don’t see to go with 16” wheels and to free some space;
- titanium tech (dark grey) OZ Alleggerita HLT 16” 7J 4x100 - I bough them from advert new in the box mainly because was a good deal. They was sold years later with similar arguments to 16” Borbet and also for some fresh money;
- black Compomotive TH2 17” 7.5J 4x98 - these was additional set that came with the car with 215/35-R17 tyres and also there was one more new in the box, so 5. Still have them, but haven’t put them on the car yet…
- crystal titanium OZ Ultraleggera 17” 7J 4x100 - these I bough used from advert and currently are on the car.

For OZ Ultraleggera I can say that they are my favourite wheel model. They have very aggressive and edged design and 155 is also edged so in my opinion they fit very well the appearance of the car, which I look for. And they are also super light, which have undeniable benefits for performance and is something that I also look for. I have sympathy for OZ, it is world famous company, which make high quality products used throughout in racing and is Italian as is the car and I think we all who like Italian cars also like Italian things in general 🙂. But there is one aspect with them, which I’m not so happy with - their PCD of 100. So with them I was required to use wobble bolts, which is generally a clever solution for such odd problem. But as I like so much this model and possibility to get one set arise, then that was something that I have to live with.

Years ago I have rarely heard or seen of OZ wheels with correct PCD for many of Italian cars of 98 4x98 or 5x98, but don’t remember to have seen somewhere a more complete list of what is available in such configuration. Some time ago I saw that one local company for wheels and tyres offer same Ultraleggera variant, which I have on the car, but with correct PCD of 4x98 and the price was good compared to other variants in the same diameter. I made an order, but later they told me, that OZ answered them that this variant is not available and is stopped of production. They offer me other variant also in 4x98, but it was more expensive and I decided to not buy them then. I continued to look from time to time for Ultraleggera in 4x98 and during the pandemic have seen increase in prices of their wheels in general. Prices of used one also increased. There is one big local company for wheels and tyres, which previously was official dealer of OZ for here, then at one period look as not and recently again is listed as such and their site showed really a lot of models of OZ wheels. Recently prices
look to dropped compared to before that and after some thinking I decided to order one set and after 2-3 weeks these precious Italian metals arrived to me 😁
4655314C-213C-4CFA-88F0-68499480D70E.jpg 65F04910-65DB-48F6-A8A7-1193717753D3.jpg 610B4747-C3D8-4A73-B3F5-A5F5D00E0817.jpg EBBCC8E1-3055-477E-B1F2-B62B1879EE65.jpg A2308311-DD3E-4ECF-82E7-6E821C1F3E7D.jpg

These are OZ Ultraleggera 17” 7J 4x98 with ET35. The difference between these and current one on the car is that they are ET37 so a little more outwards, which must be seen what impact will have. Other difference is the color, these are matt graphite, which is darker grey than crystal titanium, which I like better, but just the options are very limited for such spec. Options for 4x98 seen in their site are 3 models - Rally racing, Formula HLT and Ultraleggera only in one size and spec and 2 or 3 colours. I have a feeling that all these are especially prepared for particular car and this car is Fiat 500.
I don’t plan to install them immediately, maybe when it is time to change the tyres, but glad to have them on my disposal 🙂. Also installation is not direct swap, standard wheel bolts, which must be longer as I have wheel spacers at front and back, which on itself may need some modifications or changes as tyres are close to fenders edge.