The Q4 has been away from me for a long time now, almost all of the required work has been completed, so now its just a case of getting an MOT and then re-registering it back in the UK.

Now I've never really been that bothered about the way the car looks, within reason, just so long as its solid, safe and rust free I'm happy. So now its back to that point I'm putting a plan together to make it perform the way it should.
A number of things have already been done, including getting a new alternator, the old one was on its last legs. But since I installed a fuel pressure gauge a while back I've noticed the fuel pressure has been low and variable at idle as well. So first on the list is a new fuel pump, nothing too fancy but just enough to provide the necessary 3 bar (+ boost) fuel pressure consistently.

Next up, the car is going to need a new exhaust, the Cats had to go back on when the car was over in France, but now we are both back in the UK, and due to the MOT loophole here, the Cats can go. I'm probably just going to go for a straight pipe back to the rear box. I've never liked the rear tailpipe, so that is goiung to be changed to something more appropriate as well. Whilst this is all being done I'm going to get a second bung installed so I can run a wide band O2 sensor.

At this point I'm probably going to start looking at the Integrale manifold install. As far as I know the coil packs in the car are the original ones, so I'm going to look at swapping them out for coil on plug units, I've already done a bit of research and have come up with some possibilities.
Whilst the manifold is going on I'll be looking at new injectors, again they are the original ones, so as well as being a little small in capacity, are probably well past their best.
Way back in the distant past when I had the car setup, it made 270bhp, looking at a few injector calculators, it seems that 270bhp is pretty much pushing the injectors to 100% duty cycle, not good really.

injector.PNG

Not sure where I'll be aiming for with the car, but if anyone has any suggestions about the above or advice, please just let me know.

Cheers

Steve