Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Rear springs issue and options

I bought H&R monotube coilovers kit for 155 2.5 V6 (29992-2) to use it on my widebody Q4, but when installing by service shop was seen that rear of the car sit on the tyres! The rear springs are too short for my car and can not be driven at all. For the kit is advertised lowering at the back around 40mm for 155 2.5 V6. Will mention also, that the car is with bigger wheels and tyres than original and also use spacers (OZ Ultraleggera 17" 7J ET37, 215/40-17, 12mm spacers) which have impact for sure to how much lower the rear can be, but rear tyres are "inside of rear fenders edge". Coilovers at the front fit fine and for rear was used new shocks from the kit (which I think are lower than original, so probably something like Bilstein B8 made for H&R) and old Eibach springs, which are -35mm I think. And with rear springs from that kit was explained to me that the car was several cm lower than these old Eibach springs.
    Yes, Q4 is heavier than 155 V6 at the back and diameter of my tyres is bigger than original and they further out, but still is very strange to me how these springs can be so much lower and unusable! I measure these H&R springs around 270mm from tip to tip and according to manual original rear springs on all 155 versions have free length of 305mm. And they have more windings than original and have to be stiffer than original one even that they are for V6 in my opinion.
    Does someone can post measured sizes of rear springs for Q4 - original or aftermarket?
    What about options for rear springs, which are stiff and don't lower so much? I have read somewhere for using of rear springs from Fiat Marea Weekend on 155. Also read that Tony from this forum was used ALF1173 HA springs in his Intrax RS coilovers and was pleased with result (->link). And this is part number for Intrax springs for 155 Q4, but I see that they are listed for lowering of around 50mm, which is a lot in my opinion. Does someone have used them.
    Last edited by kunev; 03-05-17 at 13:44.
    One performance car is not enough ...
    Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 V6 TB Q2