Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Help Doubts related to Alfa 155 Q4

Hello friends, my name is Manoel Oliveira and I'm from Brazil, official local Ligua is the Portuguese, meet many grammarians mismatches is due to the translator so already I apologize for that ........ I have some doubts about Alfa 155 Q4 and I would love that staff could help me giving the answers and explanations, the doubts are the following:

- A 155 Q4 Widebody what it's different for the first 155s of the 1st and 2nd phases? (Sorry, but that is never understood what the differences between them and why that name "Widebody")

- Where can I find a catalog of the Alfa 155 Q4 parts, so I get the codes and go after the parts

- What is the original work pressure turbo with overboost and after stabilizes

-Afinal, There is the 155 Q4 light anomaly electronic injection on the dashboard?

- The ABS light off rapidly along with the light of the alternator when the engine starts?

- I need to buy all the oil seals rear differential and center differential, also need the central cross of the cardan shaft because I have is already loose where I can indicate that these items ..... so I need the catalog parts in order to get these codes !!!

-Now Wanted a tip about increasing the power without much change the engine: the admission of command substitution in type to the current command and placing that current admission control in the exhaust of the place is a change that brings good result?

*I want to thank everyone for the help, wanted to say that I am also Director at Club Marea -CDM, when they want to visit the address is as follows:

http://www.clubedomarea.com.br/

http://www.clubedomarea.com.br/forum...rch_app=forums

*My Facebook who want to add Sinte the will! Hug and thank you! Manoel Oliveira

https://www.facebook.com/manoel.gonc...oliveiraneto.3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Manoel Oliveira View Post
    Hello friends, my name is Manoel Oliveira....
    Welcome to the forum

A 155 Q4 Widebody what it's different for the first 155s of the 1st and 2nd phases? (Sorry, but that is never understood what the differences between them and why that name "Widebody")
    There are 3 phases of 155 Q4.

The first series has water spray for the intercooler and is narrow body.
    Second series is a narrow body but no water spray.
    Third series is wide body.

The wide body is basically the same car but has different front wings, rear wings, front and rear bumpers (fenders?). The interiors are also different.

Where can I find a catalog of the Alfa 155 Q4 parts, so I get the codes and go after the parts
    Look on ebay for "ePER - Alfa Romeo parts CD" - you will find lots of them but don't buy one more than two years old. Alfa changes the part numbers a lot so the old CDs are not as good.

What is the original work pressure turbo with overboost and after stabilizes
    I think the original maximum boost is 1.4bar. Going any higher than this will cause damage to the head gasket.

A final, There is the 155 Q4 light anomaly electronic injection on the dashboard?
    The "injection warning light" only tells you there is a problem, but not exactly what it is. It might be that the lambda sensor needs replacing. It is possible to read the fault codes on a Q4, I posted a thread about some software.

The ABS light off rapidly along with the light of the alternator when the engine starts?
    Sounds normal to me...if I read your words correctly.

Now Wanted a tip about increasing the power without much change the engine:
    Fit a Squadra or other ECU chip. You should increase the power by about 35bhp. There are some cheap ones on ebay for £65, a Squadra will be about £250 but is well know and reliable.

the admission of command substitution in type to the current command and placing that current admission control in the exhaust of the place is a change that brings good result?
    Do you mean taking out the catalytic converter from the exhaust? In the UK it is possible to get an early Q4 through the annual road test without the catalyst. Perhaps the same in your country?

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by wrinx View Post
    Welcome to the forum

There are 3 phases of 155 Q4.

The first series has water spray for the intercooler and is narrow body.
    Second series is a narrow body but no water spray.
    Third series is wide body.

The wide body is basically the same car but has different front wings, rear wings, front and rear bumpers (fenders?). The interiors are also different.

Look on ebay for "ePER - Alfa Romeo parts CD" - you will find lots of them but don't buy one more than two years old. Alfa changes the part numbers a lot so the old CDs are not as good.

I think the original maximum boost is 1.4bar. Going any higher than this will cause damage to the head gasket.

The "injection warning light" only tells you there is a problem, but not exactly what it is. It might be that the lambda sensor needs replacing. It is possible to read the fault codes on a Q4, I posted a thread about some software.

Sounds normal to me...if I read your words correctly.

Fit a Squadra or other ECU chip. You should increase the power by about 35bhp. There are some cheap ones on ebay for £65, a Squadra will be about £250 but is well know and reliable.

Do you mean taking out the catalytic converter from the exhaust? In the UK it is possible to get an early Q4 through the annual road test without the catalyst. Perhaps the same in your country?

wrinx

Hello friend, thank you for the clarification ...... the translator has different meaning in the last question, I commented on what I read about replacing the admission cams trees by the Fiat Sedicivalvile type, which replaces the admission and the coming out from there goes to the tree position exhaust cam (scarico), in practice brings a good benefit?

On the working pressure turbo, originally it applies the Pierburg 1.4 bar? and after the performance of Pierburg pressure stabilizes at that value? would be 0.9 ... 1 Bar?

Would link the parts CD that I could buy that would be correct on Ebay?

*About the lamp anomaly of the electronic injection system my car does not have that lamp on the dashboard so obviously asked whether it is normal Alfa Q4 not have that lamp

*PS: I removed the dashboard and after I took all the lamps and in no position found some with broken electronic injection system icon, it is normal the car does not have? if the right is the panel having this lamp would have a photo where she appears solid to me observe the correct position on the panel?

*Thank U!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

One more question: I intend to put a Cometic head gasket, know tell me what the thickness of the original joint car? need to know that information to buy the correct gasket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Would this be correct? I like that because it seems to also have the lancia, Fiat and Alfas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPER-84-FI...item2edde18792

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Would this be correct? I like that because it seems to also have the lancia, Fiat and Alfas

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPER-84-FI...item2edde18792
    Yes that's correct, but there also online versions available

standard head gasket thickness is 1.9mm

regards

w
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Suzumushi View Post
    Yes that's correct, but there also online versions available

standard head gasket thickness is 1.9mm

regards

w
    Thanks for the reply !! on the catalog, you know where I find the on line version?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thanks for the reply !! on the catalog, you know where I find the on line version?
    eper.fiatklubpolska.pl/
    but sometimes it's not working

eper.fiatforum.com/
    old database but has all q4 parts as a reference

but to be honest, you will not find a lot of parts that are stil available even in the italy's fiat warehouse.

regards

w
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Offici...-/231380646272

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Suzumushi View Post
    eper.fiatklubpolska.pl/
    but sometimes it's not working

eper.fiatforum.com/
    old database but has all q4 parts as a reference

but to be honest, you will not find a lot of parts that are stil available even in the italy's fiat warehouse.

regards

w
    The intention was to increase the compression ratio, the fuel in Brazil has constituted 27% of alcohol, so it would be nice one 9: 1 ratio compression .... I know I will not achieve that goal just tuning the joint head, because I could see that the joint Cometic is sold in different expessuras, which the smallest thickness of such board exists and that you can use? by what I imagine the pistons do not exceed the top of the cylinder, is that right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thank U!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The intention was to increase the compression ratio, the fuel in Brazil has constituted 27% of alcohol, so it would be nice one 9: 1 ratio compression .... I know I will not achieve that goal just tuning the joint head, because I could see that the joint Cometic is sold in different expessuras, which the smallest thickness of such board exists and that you can use? by what I imagine the pistons do not exceed the top of the cylinder, is that right?
    The piston will collide with the head.
    You will need forged pistons to change the CR, the old ones will break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evodelta View Post
    The piston will collide with the head.
    You will need forged pistons to change the CR, the old ones will break.
    Thank you for the answer! was what I imagined, the pistons are some the 10th the top of the cylinder ...... know tell me if the pistons Type 2.0 16v that CR has most are resistant as the original Q4 pistons? In fact the Q4 pistons has a composition of special materials or pistons are common? Thank U

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The original pistons are of cast aluminium, you would fit new ones made from forged aluminium.
    8.5:1 is easily available, 9:1 isn't and I don't think you will like the price of specially made pistons.
    Then how are you going to remap (re-tune) the ECU and engine?
    Your lack of knowledge leads me to suggest leaving it alone or just fit a modified chip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by wrinx View Post

wrinx
    1 bar no?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thought it was more than that....may be 1.2 with a 1.4 max for the HG...can't remember

Edit: Overboost protection is 1.5 but can't find the max boost under normal circumstances.

wrinx
    Last edited by wrinx; 08-03-15 at 23:22.
    My Q4 in the Garage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

in std Q4 eprom max boost protection is 1.4 bar (injection cut)
    but not one value, its a map boost/rpm table.

2400 to 3200 rpm= 1.4bar
    3600=1.3 bar
    4000 = 1.15
    4800=1.1
    5200 to 6500> =1.1 bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiBoost View Post
    in std Q4 eprom max boost protection is 1.4 bar (injection cut)
    but not one value, its a map boost/rpm table.

2400 to 3200 rpm= 1.4bar
    3600=1.3 bar
    4000 = 1.15
    4800=1.1
    5200 to 6500> =1.1 bar
    Ok so if I understand correct, it's making it's max bhp at 1 or 1.1 bar and 1.3 - 1.4 bar where it makes max torque?
    Last edited by Evodelta; 12-03-15 at 08:04. Reason: To make more understandable...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

@Evodelta
    I dont understand well.

this is boost protection fuel-cut map
    2400 to 3200 rpm= 1.4bar
    3600=1.3 bar
    4000 = 1.15
    4800=1.1
    5200 to 6500> =1.1 bar

this is turbo boost map
    2400 to 3200 rpm= 1.2bar
    3600=1.08 bar
    4000 = 1.04
    4400=0.98
    4800 to 6500> =0.96 bar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I don't understand why you are quoting 'Boost protection map'.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiBoost View Post
    this is turbo boost map
    2400 to 3200 rpm= 1.2bar
    3600=1.08 bar
    4000 = 1.04
    4400=0.98
    4800 to 6500> =0.96 bar
    ^^ This is more like what we need, so this is the amount of boost that was actually used on a standard car and they regulated it to different amounts throughout the rev range?

Even further off topic, do you know any guys in Istanbul building/restoring integrales? I have a long time customer there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

sorry for turbo map
    yes it std q4 maps setting.

www.peakgarage.net
    mr serdar is restoring a white integrale 16v
    few months ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)