Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default How much is it worth?

Right, might seem like a slight change of plan on my part, but it looks like the GTV is going to have to go in the near future.

The question is how much to ask for it? I know how much it owes me, but what I'd really like to know is how much its worth on the open market.

Its a 1979 chrome bumpered 2000 GTV, runs well as has just been proven by its recent 550mile trip back to Wales. Certainly not concours as its been repaired and painted pretty badly in the past. However, there is no structural rust, and very little surface rust on the car anywhere.

So then, what sort of price should I be asking in the UK? And where would be the best place to advertise it?

Cheers chaps.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

I've asked on the AROC forum...no idea myself, sorry.

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Apologies not looked on here for a couple of days and responded to Wrinx with this on the AROC. - which I've edited to get to the answer

They are not quite sought after yet so I'm sure this affects values - as ever without seeing a car its difficult I've seen various makes of cars from so-called experts which are not worth the asking price and conversely I've seen cars on ebay reach prices which seem fuelled by a mixture of ignorance and wishful thinking.
    Theres a slot in between the £1000 basket case and the £4000 good cars - which would be around £2500 for a reasonable useable car that needs some improvement.... a picture or two - although not great indicators would help.

I would be tempted to stick it on ebay with a high reserve and see what happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Cheers chaps, I'm back with the car in 10 days, so I'll probably start the selling process then. £3k would make me happy.

Cheers
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black