Used the Q4 for a weekend away, and other than some idiot kicking the wing mirror off early Saturday morning, the car performed really well.

It is the first time I have driven it for a long distance since the 20th anniversary run. I did a full service including belts last week and all seems good.

One thing though, a bit of a doh! moment for me, I had been reading the boost gauge as bar (it has a big 1 0 - note the gap, and there is actually a little black dot between them), which is entirely incorrect. I noticed while I was driving it that the boost gauge is actually in inches of mercury (which appears to have the units numerically on the scale) and PSI (a smaller scale with no units).

So, it looks like my car is developing about 0.8 bar boost after a quick conversion. I will be getting a Bar boost gauge in the near future!!

The question is, it seems that 0.8bar is about standard, and the car pulls like a train on this, but the engine has been built to take around 1.2 - 1.5 bar according to the builder, so how to raise the boost a little?

Without looking at the receipts, I don't have all the specs for the engine, but it has got uprated con rods, pistons, cams, head gasket, hybrid turbo, so should be able to handle a little more. The ECU is standard though, as is the exhaust (non-cat). I do have a mongoose exhaust and turbo outlet to fit at some point (per Integrale with some mods to make it fit).

I am not looking for huge amounts of power, and the car is pretty good as is, but feel it should release a few more horses based on the spec.

What next steps have people generally used as a development path?