Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Kappa Inlet Manifold

Hi Guys

I know I am probably asking some people to repeat themselves but I don't think it hurts to have information in one thread on one topic. So I have a few questions.

1. Is the Kappa inlet better than the others from this engine family (coupe, integrale etc)?

2. What is needed from a kappa to make it work?

3. What needs to be relocated on the Q4 to make it fit / work?

4. What is the main benefit of this over the Q4 item? Are there any disadvantages?

5. Roughly how much should one cost (Of course this varies a lot)

If anyone has pictures of theirs being fitted or even in place that would be helpful

Thanks

Patch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

1. Is the Kappa inlet better than the others from this engine family (coupe, integrale etc)?

The Kappa inlet manifold is considered the best of the standard Lampredi manifolds by a lot of people

2. What is needed from a kappa to make it work?

Really small hands to get the standard manifold off, and closing off a couple of extra threaded holes on the kappa manifold

3. What needs to be relocated on the Q4 to make it fit / work?

I don't think a strutt brace will fit with this manifold on, and the coil packs need to be mounted elsewhere, but thats no bad thing.

4. What is the main benefit of this over the Q4 item? Are there any disadvantages?

Better flow characteristics I believe, but I think the Kappa plenum is on the small side. Overall its a good thing though.

5. Roughly how much should one cost (Of course this varies a lot)

Anywhere from €150 upwards, they are rare in the UK obviously so its a sellers market if someone gets one.

If anyone has pictures of theirs being fitted or even in place that would be helpful

Not fitted but I've got one on a shelf downstairs
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    Not fitted but I've got one on a shelf downstairs

Thanks Steve

The strut brace thing is a pain. I need to get my standard one off anyway to get to that awesome coolant hose

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

You need a lot of patient steering oil tank must be relocated too, you have also use the kappa fuel rail otherwise you must make a new one. If you have good hands you can cut the manifold for about 60mm so you wont need to relocate things behind of them. Just ignition coils that they are in the stock manifold. After that use our oem throttle because Kappa has a smaller one. They fit perfect. You just replace in the kappa manifold our throttle body and yiu need to tap the idle valve hole that kappa has in the manifold instead Q4 has it ob the throttle body. Just these. In numbers as i read here kappa manifold has 6 cmf more and of course better air flow. You can see my thread that i have some photos when i place mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by mpampis_ View Post
    You need a lot of patient
    You can see my thread that i have some photos when i place mine
    Thanks very much

That is just the sort of information I was after.

I have studied your thread several times and will continue to do so. I would like to keep the kappa manifold unmodified but I also want to run a strut brace (it saved one members legs in a crash!) so may need to chop it shorter like you did.

Does anyone know the kappa's engine code? I can look but I'm being lazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by mpampis_ View Post
    You need a lot of patient steering oil tank must be relocated too, you have also use the kappa fuel rail otherwise you must make a new one. If you have good hands you can cut the manifold for about 60mm so you wont need to relocate things behind of them. Just ignition coils that they are in the stock manifold. After that use our oem throttle because Kappa has a smaller one. They fit perfect. You just replace in the kappa manifold our throttle body and yiu need to tap the idle valve hole that kappa has in the manifold instead Q4 has it ob the throttle body. Just these. In numbers as i read here kappa manifold has 6 cmf more and of course better air flow. You can see my thread that i have some photos when i place mine
    What about fuel pressure regulator, that is inside fuel rail of kappa mainfold ?
    (it's 3bar) are you using it, if not any patents toreplace it from fuel rail ?

regards
    W
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."