As mentioned in previous threads, I am keen to see some discussion on the Alfa flat for engine, the cars that use it, and the sporting heritage associated with it.

I regard the Alfa boxer engine and the cars that use it as an interesting evolutionary path that Alfa pursued for almost 20 years.

The design and technology invested in this interesting engine and the cars that used it, make a good comparison to other Alfas of the same period (also with interesting and unusual engineering aspects). The fact that Alfa was prepared to invest in so many diverse power plants is starkly in contrast with modern automotive development where components such as engines are often shared across ranges and even manufacturers to keep costs down.

Economically, it seems to have made some sense, with Suds, Sprints, and 33s being some of Alfas biggest selling products worldwide.

So here is a section on Berlina Sportivo to explore and discuss these cars.

I am working on a couple over the summer months and will post progress with the projects here:
- Mild prep and tinkering on a 33 16v ready for a 155 Mallory Park track day, possibly followed by some further developments with the car
- Rust removal and paintwork on a series 2 33 SW Cloverleaf
- Stripping for spares of a 33 P4

I will also research any racing heritage I can find. I heard that 33s were in some kind of touring car series in the EU, so will make that my starting point.

Interested to hear what others know of these fascinating cars