Gentlemen I have a 101 questions, mostly technical, that surely were answered before, so please be patient.

In South Africa we bumped heads with a new law that do not allow us to roadworthy a left hand drive car after it changed hands. So I have transfered the drivetrain of a Q4 to a widebody. Yes I know it is not original any more!! I got a lot of flack from my local AR club.

I am at the stage where it is the 155s turn to get dollyed up. I want to recondition the engin and up the power properly. Now I am certain that there are more equipment that will need attention. But obviously I do not want to spend money on unnecessary items(The SA currency is at its lowest value in a decade), so I will need the oppinions of the guys who are using their modified cars for a while. I will not be home for the next couple of months and is starting to collect information.

I am a technical (old) guy who think he understand the basics of thermodynanics. I have modified a few Alfas and Uno Turbos as well as turboed two TSs. I used a piggy back system on one and a stand alone management on the other to get the A/F ratio and timing correct.

But I don't know anything about the Q4's electronics. As you will know the normal Alfa do not have a programable chip in the ECU, so this concept is new to me. I changed a programable chip on my Ducati but is totally in the dark as to the processes. Even with the Q4 ECU I would prefer to use a piggy-back chip to adjust the A/F ratio on a dynometer as then I know what is going on.

Does the Q4 ECU use a closed loop system with the Lambda sensor to control the A/F ratio. For instance on the GTVs, with part throttle the ECU has a closed loop system with the Lambda and can not be adjusted. On full throttle the ECU use a map to determine the A/F ratio and this map can be corrected with a piggy back chip. What is the case with the Q4? Will I be able to do that?

I am used to 12.5:1 (rich) A/F ratios that is already smoking, to cool the combustion chamber down. I saw that one poster (Pamphis?) mentioned 11;1 A/F ratio, this is VERY rich. Doesn't the ECU give alarms when the engin run this rich?

To get more power from the engin you need more forced air from the turbo. Then what boost pressure correlate with what engine power? 250wheel hp (I realise that this is already 2x standard hp for an already turboed engine), 300 whp, 350 whp, etc.

I see the refering to the maps(program) for the ECU's chip on the forum. How do the guys get the map on the chip? You will need equipment and programs to load the map, or modify the map on the chip.

Sorry for the noob questions, and laugh, I have a lot more.

Thanks, Corrie