Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Damien_C's Alfa and Fiat history

Hi Lads,

This thread is about all the Alfa's that I have had over the years it is only 3 but they all have had a certain tinkering with them.

It started off with my pride and joy, which was a lowly 146 1.4 Facelift. All I did to that car was put some OZ Ultraleggeras on it in antracite, with KW V2's and a cat back silenced Ragazzon exhaust and goodridge braided brakelines and Ferodo performance pads and drilled a grooved discs. And my full SQ install stereo with custom mid bass and tweeter pods for the car. And lots of dynamat. It was nero Fuoco, I got it RR'd and with 80k miles on it from day one it was still running 103.2bhp and 84lb/ft of torque. I bought it originally from Tallaght from a women who minded it to be fair. Anyway here are some pics. I don't know where it is now.

Then we move onto the 156. This was bought of Gerry Campbell in Portlaoise without even seeing it. I thrusted the man completely and couldn't fault the car at all. It was big money at the time 1800 euro but didn't have to spend any money on the engine as it all was done the TB's etc. The 156 was a great handling car but it was as high as a kit so I got some Bilsteins and Eibachs off Pat and a full GTA interior for it. Then got some CL pads and grooved and drilled Mtec discs along with Goodridge lines. Then I got a Wizrd exhaust for it that is on Pat's GTA. I drove it and then got bored with it and sold it onto a chap from Dublin for half nothing but hey live and learn. I also got BBS wheels for it and fitted the stereo again for it. Also, I had fitted a BMC CDA carbon airbox too.

Some pics.

And now the 166

You all know the story. It is a V6 and has had full rear suspension rebuild bushes everything and the front suspension all done. I will fit my stereo and some sound insulation to this also but it is a bit more involved compared to the all the other cars with the ICS in it etc. So that is still a work in progress. I have Eibach sports springs for this but must get them fitted and have Mtec black grooved discs for the car and a set of 19 inch OZ Ultraleggeras to be fitted just need to get tyres for them. The next mod is hopefully a Unicorse Rep exhaust ala Morris' GTA. And then get FSD's for the car and get the above fitted. Out of all the cars I have owned this is the best compromise between the 146 for back road fun and the 156. It is just a better package than all of the rest of the cars. The next model I will like to own would be something a bit older and left field. Not sure what it will but I will be saving up for a long time for it.

HMMMM V6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Since then the 166 has gotten quite a bit of money spent on it. All new front and rear bushings upper and lower wishbones on the front and new Koni FSD's and Eibach springs. This mod has truly transformed the car. All the chassis flex I thought was in the car was actually the fact that the cars shocks were completely ruined.

Since replacing them the car is like a go kart, it rides way better can be a bit harsh over very bad roads but now there is no pitching or diving in the car compared to before. If you really want to transform your 166 this is by far the best mod you can do other than decent set of discs and brakes to help haul the beast up.

Also, if you have a 3l car try and fit a 2.5 box it does make a nice difference to the pull off the engine with the slightly shorter ratios. And will still do 150mph with a fair amount of ease.

Anyway here are some pics of the car lowered. These aren't the best but you get the idea. I'll take some more soon

Also, the 166 had a full restoration on the paintwork with new panels fitted and repainted in the original Nero colour paint only 2 years ago. I also do some detailing so try and keep it looking top notch if and when I can but the car is stored outside so there is the usual marks that come along with a car and someone reversed into it in a car park destroying the rear boot which need to be painted again and the rear bumper but that will be done in time just do not have a paitence or money to do it at this stage.

Also, I have a high end stereo to be fitted to the car in the next coming weeks before I head over to Auto Italia in Brooklands in May. The stereo consists of

2x JL Audio 12W6D2 sub woofers
    Focal K2P compoents with external cross overs
    Alpine 9855R with Ipod control
    Phoenix Gold 30 band EQ
    Custom made sealed Sub box
    Custom made door pods and tweet holders in A pillars
    Custom made headunit holder in dash
    Stinger 0 Guage cabling
    Phoenix Gold Interconnects x2 and JL Audio interconnect for the EQ
    Dynamat for the rear panel and doors.
    Phoenix Gold Distirbution block

Amps:

JL Audio Series One 300/2 amp
    JL Audio HD 750.1 Digital amp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Nice set of cars you've had there. I take it you like black cars?
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Well, the 146 was more of a pearl colour it would flip from black when there was very little light to purple/brown depnding on the angle you looked at it. The name was Nero Fuoco or Fire Black was lovely and just happened to find the colour by chance that was the last 146 I looked before I was about to give up. That car cost me a bomb but I enjoyed every bit of it.

The 166 was my Dad's and I bought it off him as I just liked it too much to let someone else ruin it. And just happend to be black, I don't think the 166 suits light colours too well just because of it's sheer size.

And the 156 was an impulse purchase really. It was Cosmo's blue but also looked black at night lol.

I suppose you could say I have a thing for black cars And I forgot to post pics of my Punto which was the first car I owned just a SX 1.2 8V was good but only lasted a few months when I found I could be insured on the 146 handy enough it was gone.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Lovely set of cars there Damien, welcome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Liking the 156

GTA interior too...lovely looking seats.

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Nice collection. My old 156 2.4 jtd was the same blue
    Alfa 155 Q4 skinny
    Alfa 155 2.0 8v skinny rolling shell being cut up to repair the Q4
    Alfa 155 black wb coupe 20vt engine STAYING NOW
    Alfa 155 White widey soon to be 20vt
    Alfa 155 2.5 v6 white skinny NEXT FOR SALE

Will build alfa 155 or 145 into 20vt or 16vt or diesel's or selepeed's pm me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thanks lads, the only one I own now is the 166 as the rest are all sold. The 156 was nice the seats are in another 156 now.

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Very nice mate!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged