Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Tech. specification Integrale Competitione

Does anybody have the technical specifications for the Competitione?
    I read a hardcopy article of unknown source(I will have to look for it again) It did not give much information.

But apparently the car's engine had a 7.5:1 compression ratio, and still used a T3 Garret turbo at 1.9 bar boost for more than 300? hp. Apparently the car had a straight cut, competition gearbox.

Are there any more information available? Photos of the engine? What did the intake and exhaust manifold look like?

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Everything was by abarth and now there is a site that sell every part like group A integrale. I will post the link

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Intake and ex manifold were standard - a lot of parts had to be for Homologation purposes.
    T3 refers to the turbo to manifold flange shape and size nothing else.
    Turbos were restricted on the intake to keep the BHP down, but torque would have been quite high.

Pour yourself a beer and watch part 1 of 4 here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjeJQ9pjAs"]LANCIA DELTA HF WORKS ABARTH MAGIC-1 - YouTube[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thank you guys.

The manifolds are very different on the group A. The intake run a huge plenum which I expected and the exhaust have equal length runners.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by corriedw View Post
    Thank you guys.

The manifolds are very different on the group A. The intake run a huge plenum which I expected and the exhaust have equal length runners.
    They are the same as used on the road cars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evodelta View Post
    They are the same as used on the road cars.
    Sorry I was refering to the abarth? manifolds in http://www.hflanciaspecialparts.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Sorry I was refering to the abarth? manifolds in http://www.hflanciaspecialparts.com
    The integrale Grp A cars used the same in/ex manifolds, heads, blocks as the road cars, they had to do for homologation purposes.

If you have seen the tubular manifolds and different inlets on that site note many of them are labelled 'Proto'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

If you have seen the tubular manifolds and different inlets on that site note many of them are labelled 'Proto'.
    Thanks Evo, my Italian is as good as my Swahili. I use the site like a comic book.

These tubular manifolds doesn't look gracious, but I must admit I would love to have an equal length exhaust manifold.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thanks Evo, my Italian is as good as my Swahili. I use the site like a comic book.

These tubular manifolds doesn't look gracious, but I must admit I would love to have an equal length exhaust manifold.
    It's a shame there aren't some better pictures of them. The inlet manifolds look interesting, note the individual throttles and very long runners - good for torque.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

It's a shame there aren't some better pictures of them. The inlet manifolds look interesting, note the individual throttles and very long runners - good for torque.
    The long runners create air momentum going into the cylinder head and will help with torque, very good for NA applications. But in my opinion, on a turbo engine you don't need it, with 1 bar boost behind the air, they go in pronto.

If you look at a dynosheet I posted in another thread, you will see the boost is directly related to the torque and as soon as the wastegate open the torque stop climbing and as long as the boost stay at the same level, so does the torque.

Individual throttles are better than one throttle during normal street driving as it get rid of pumping losses, this is very noticable on an NA engine, we just used it on a Trofeo racer. But on a turbo car I have not yet seen great results with ITBs, and I have seen 3 turboed M3s. I prefer a large plenum and single throttle for a turbo engine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The long runners create air momentum going into the cylinder head and will help with torque, very good for NA applications. But in my opinion, on a turbo engine you don't need it, with 1 bar boost behind the air, they go in pronto.

If you look at a dynosheet I posted in another thread, you will see the boost is directly related to the torque and as soon as the wastegate open the torque stop climbing and as long as the boost stay at the same level, so does the torque.

Individual throttles are better than one throttle during normal street driving as it get rid of pumping losses, this is very noticable on an NA engine, we just used it on a Trofeo racer. But on a turbo car I have not yet seen great results with ITBs, and I have seen 3 turboed M3s. I prefer a large plenum and single throttle for a turbo engine.
    The length of the inlet tract from start of individual runner to valve seat is quite important. Whether it is forced induction or not, the same rules apply and it is all about wave tuning.

Yes it's quite obvious that torque is linked to boost pressure...

A car with ITB will be more driveable and quicker than single TB, both would make similar max power figures though.