Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Makes sense with a rotten car. Big balls to commit to it though.

Cant wait to see how it turns out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Okey, the building is on again.
    after a ride in my friends Golf 4 motion VR6 turbo is 4 pot engine out of the question.
    The engine from this car will be put in my other Q4 so its out on the road again after 10 years of rest. The drivetrain is for sale since the gearbox cant handle the torque I will get with a v6 with turbo. My thinking is for the moment drivetrain from a golf 4-motion with DSP gearbox, a lot of aftermarket parts for good price is available since I want a sequencial one. Engine will be either 3.0 or 3.2 24v alfa engine with turbo.
    Any suggestions, witch one is the best to use, 3.0 or 3.2 I dont want to overboost and I want to be able to rev around 8500rpm. The car will be used in the time attack series here in Sweden but the goal is still to have it street legal as an amateur build car.
    I have already bought the complet drivetrain with gearbox for 1000 euro. After comparing the 4x4 from alfa 159 and golf 4-motion is my conclusion the drivetrain from Golf better and can handle more torque

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

That is some project you are taking on but given it is your own chassis anything is possible.

Good luck