Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default The IAW Scan2 thread

Download from here: http://iaw-scan2.sourceforge.net/

Ensure the USB connection is plugged in before starting the program.

Set the ECU selection to: MM IAW-6F/16F SPI

Turn the ignition on when prompted.

Here it is...live data on the main screen:

Checking the errors, which is also live so it changes:

Assuming the ticked boxes are the main errors ((Stored and Active) it looks like a lambda and water temp sensor to be changed but I don't want to throw more money at the car without being sure, these errors were not shown on Startrek (EEPROM was shown on Startek), but the car has started revving all by itself, so something's changed! No idea what the CODE fault is

Couple of odd things though...the RPM reading is half what was showing on the dials and the air temp is showing as 101 degrees!

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by wrinx View Post
    No idea what the CODE fault is
    I'd take a stab at the code faults being due to it not having one. This is of course assuming that yours is an early car like mine which has no 'code key' just a normal key (do the later WB Q4's have the red keys etc?).

The software is probably always looking for a code as from looking at their site its primarily designed for the Fiat engines which are All coded (with the possible exception of early cars). Unless yours is a later car with coded keys i'd ignore it, guessing its just the software getting confused.

I'm interested in whether with the 3 pin to OBD2 lead it will be outputting as if it were an OBD2 port? I use a laptiming app on my phone (Harrys laptimer) which can display and log OBD2 data and this would effectively allow me to view this data live (and log it for exciting evenings in) without a bulky laptop if so.

This is just an idea though, things are rarely so simple

Interesting thread though

Patch

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by wrinx View Post
    it looks like a lambda and water temp sensor to be changed but I don't want to throw more money at the car without being sure

Mine did the self reving when the WTS failed.

The 430RPM is an odd one though...

Will have to give this a go myself so i can enjoy exciting evenings in with a spreadsheet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Patch View Post
    I'd take a stab at the code faults being due to it not having one. This is of course assuming that yours is an early car like mine which has no 'code key' just a normal key (do the later WB Q4's have the red keys etc?).
    Yes it's an early car, so that makes sense...I was ignoring it anyway

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack View Post
    Mine did the self reving when the WTS failed.

The 430RPM is an odd one though...
    Thanks, I replaced the WTS when I first bought the Q4 so it's failed fairly quickly if the error is correct.

Although it's very likely to be knackered...reading 76 degrees on a cold engine! Similarly, the air temp is stated as being 101 degrees on a cool day

I'm not trusting any figures or errors until I know the ECU is in good health...might be the reason the RPM is out, who knows!

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

From the screens I can see that program did not recognized your ECU correctly. So most parameters and errors are interpreted wrong. I don't know your ECU, but I guess you should try selecting Magneti-Marelli IAW-8F MPI (pre FASE-2) or Weber-Marelli IAW-04K.P8 MPI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

ECU is IAW-4W6...sure someone here told me to use the setting in the first thread but I'll try yours too, thanks

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by tzok View Post
    From the screens I can see that program did not recognized your ECU correctly. So most parameters and errors are interpreted wrong. I don't know your ECU, but I guess you should try selecting Magneti-Marelli IAW-8F MPI (pre FASE-2) or Weber-Marelli IAW-04K.P8 MPI.
    After a hard drive failure late last year I just realised I might have lost this bit of software or how to download it again so searched the forum and re-read this thread...didn't realise (back in 2013!) that "tzok" is actually the guy who wrote IAW Scan2

https://sourceforge.net/projects/iaw-scan2/

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage