Thread: Interior swop?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Interior swop?

This has almost certainly been covered before but I can't find anything on here or 155.org.

I want to swap out my rather tired series 1 interior for some leather or just something newer and more presentable.

Does stuff from other fiat group cars fit? Coupes, gtvs etc? The door cards wouldn't need to be swapped just front and rear seats. Then there's the extra fun that is trying to find LHD parts (if necessary)

Whilst I'm thinking of interiors I would love to restore carpet to the boot of the q4. I'm guessing it's impossible to get but it'd be great if someone could provide comprehensive pictures of theirs so I could have a go at recreating it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

I would have thought that the Dedra interior was a straight swap, possibly more chance of finding cow covered seats as well, although probably not sporty type seats.

No idea about stuff from the coupe, but the 155 seats are kinda odd as they dip down quite a lot between the seat runners, fitting any sort of aftermarket seat is a pain as they usually end up too high in the cabin.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thanks Steve. I want standard kit, certainly not buckets. If it comes to it I'll just hunt down some cloth twin spark kit. I want to junk all the electric stuff as it must be so heavy/useless.

Of course I'll keep the Cars original trim as me or someone else would want to put it back one day but for the time being it needs a bit of modernising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

IIRC, from the 155.org commentaries, the 146 front seats fit, and the backs are bolt in, but might be a slightly different shape.

There seem to be more leather options for the 146 as well. From what I can see though, they are a little higher (less of the dip between the rails per above), and the leather seats don't seem as sporty a fit.

Of note though, the 145 (and I assume 146) seats can be lowered if they have the height adjustment mechanism on them. There is a thread on alfa145.com somewhere that describes that the height adjustment mechanism is just a bolt on between the seat rails frame and the seat base. The seat rail frame bolts are in exactly the same place as the height mechanism bolts, so if you remove the height adjustment mechanism, you can rebolt the seat rail frame in the same place and loose about 35mm or more from the base height. Only issue seems to be remounting the seat belt catch.

145 front seats fit, but of course have the tilt mechanism to be taken care of.

I believe Coupe front seats also fit but again, the tilt mechanism needs to be taken care of.
    Drivers:
    - Red 155 Q4 Winny
    - Red 33 16v
    - Green 33 16v SW
    - Mrs Wombat Freelander

Projects:
    - Various Alfa 33s

Awaiting a grand re-awakening:
    - Red 75 3.0 Cloverleaf
    - The Wombat winter Freelander

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Advantage of 146 seats is that you gain their split rear folding option.

Dedra are the only other drop in seats; 156 fronts fit but are very high although I know someone who reckons they've found a way to make them work properly.

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk