Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Anyone else got a similar sort of wear pattern?

I thought I'd ask if anyone else has similar problems with the rears. I'm running uprated disks and pads, and have removed some of the trim/weight from the rear of the car. As a result it sits a little higher at the rear which has affected the rear brake compensator.

I never seem to need much brake pressure and the rear pads only seem to make contact with the disks over a small area. I've got unswept areas both close to the hub and at the edge of the disk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

A common problem really, the rear brake compensator uses the rear anti-roll bar as a reference for ride height. All you need to do is release the compensator to ARB connection and reset it back to where is should be with the car at standard height.
    This will give you the correct brake balance again.

You might also want to get the rear calipers off and check that the slide pins aren't seized or dry.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

As above, I'd be checking the calipers are functioning because it sounds like they're partially seized.

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk