Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jimnielsen View Post
    Steve, I have a copy of the EVOCARS chip that I can email..
    I would appreciate if I can get it too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Does any one has good Bin file for lancia delta hpe ?
    My engine has Forged Pistons with cr ~8,5 ,and ijectors 650cc i wana start with e85 fuel , i think my boost must be about 1,4 bar .meybe any one did this ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by fa175 View Post
    Does any one has good Bin file for lancia delta hpe ?
    My engine has Forged Pistons with cr ~8,5 ,and ijectors 650cc i wana start with e85 fuel , i think my boost must be about 1,4 bar .meybe any one did this ?
    Why not fit a mappable ECU? Safe and easy....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evodelta View Post

Can confirm that this is in my opinion best way, no more burning eeproms, and opening ecu etc....
    fast and easy mapping.

regards
    W
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Suzumushi View Post
    Can confirm that this is in my opinion best way, no more burning eeproms, and opening ecu etc....
    fast and easy mapping.

regards
    W
    There are one problem with ALL of the aftermarket management systems. Not a single one of them has knock protection. The two things that kill turbo engines is knocking and F/A ratios.

If you have the right fuel, cold plugs and timing retard enough the engine will not knock. This is not the same for all engines and dyno operator must have done dozens of your model in your state of tune, to be able guarantee that it will not detonate while it gives max performance.

A/F ratios are often installation errors. A wire come loose or fuel pump is too small or pack-up.

In SA there are 3 companies manufacturing aftermarket ECUs, so there are some experts, but none specialize in Alfa.

I want a std ECU with knock sensors and will correct fuel outputs with a piggyback chip. I may fine tune the timing with the same chip but needs the ECU to retard timing when knock start. I don't think I will use more than 1.5 bar boost, but even then if something goes wrong(which happens) and boost goes above 1.5 bar the std MAP sensor will send zero reading to the ECU. That means no fuel and the lean mixture will destroy the engine instantaneous.

That is why I paid Steve to supply me with chip for 1.9 bar boost and I am also looking for a 3bar map sensor. But none of the items is available yet, so my 155 is standing like a white elephant, because I can not do the dyno-tune to set it up. Apparently the program was written, so if I can get that I will find some way to get a eprom written.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by corriedw View Post
    There are one problem with ALL of the aftermarket management systems. Not a single one of them has knock protection. The two things that kill turbo engines is knocking and F/A ratios.

Are You sure about that ?

from my aftermarket ECU, based on oryginal MM IAW

" Extras - Knock strategy
    Further parameters to optimize knock inhibition strategy are listed here.

Use fixed init retard if faster than [RPM]
    If engine speed is higher than this and knocking is detected, initial knock retard will be set to Fixed init retard instead from starting from 0°.

Maximum retard [°]
    This is maximum ignition retard the knock inhibit strategy can apply.

Minimum retard [°]
    This is minimum ignition retard the knock inhibit strategy can apply.

Retard increase rate [°/detonation]
    For each detonation pattern detected, ignition retard will be increased by this amount.

Retard decay rate [°/s]
    Once detonations are not present anymore, ignition retard will be reduced by this value every second.

Double decay rate if retard higher than [°]
    If ignition retard is higher than this value and no detonations are present, ignition retard will be reduced at twice the rate specified by Retard decay rate.

Adaptive filter threshold
    This value affects how knock peaks are detected (i.e. how should a knock peak be recognized among other engine mechanical noise). The value given should not be altered, unless detonation is not getting detected reliably, and altering levels does not help.

Minimum signal level at 4500RPM
    If knock sensor signal level is lower than this value at 4500RPM, knock sensor error is recognized. The signal at 4500RPM generated by normal engine mechanical noise should be higher than this. Value to be established experimentally. Default value suits most 4 cylinder engines with Marelli knock sensor.
    "

regards
    w
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evodelta View Post
    So yes i have and piggyback but more easy is just change eprom and go. Mapping is good,but if i have some engine changes i must go again map it's not cheap.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by fa175 View Post
    So yes i have and piggyback but more easy is just change eprom and go. Mapping is good,but if i have some engine changes i must go again map it's not cheap.
    No matter what process you use, If you change the engine parameters you will need to change the map whether it is contained on an Eeprom or in the ECU memory.

Engine tuning isn't cheap, melting engines is free though.