Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Cars using Q4 components.

Not factory built cars, but cars that have been modified by owners to incorporate the Q4 \ Integrale engine and drivetrain.

There are a couple in the thread started by Magooagain, 20VT engine in a 145 but do you know of any other cars that have been modified to use Q4 parts?
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I know a guy in Bulgaria that he has an Alfa 145 with 2.0 twinspark engine with 28.76 Garrett turbo and 4 wheel drive from 155 Q4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I'm helping a friend in modifying a Tipo Sedicivalvole 5P.
    A complete Q4 transmission has already been mounted (fits without making a new hole) and engine has been turboed with Q4 componentes (head, pistons, rods, etc.). A MS is going to manage ignition and fuel.
    It's a loooooong project and working when time lets us. It's over 2 years now.

Right now I have only 2 pics, when fitting the rear diff (I was worng, had to make a hole). I'll get more pics asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by mpampis_ View Post
    I know a guy in Bulgaria that he has an Alfa 145 with 2.0 twinspark engine with 28.76 Garrett turbo and 4 wheel drive from 155 Q4
    you know Bobo?
    http://forum.berlinasportivo.com/sho...26&postcount=6

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

in slovenia 3x 145 2.0t 4x4 from Q4
    and 1x 145 2.0 20v turbo lancia FWD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

this is greek Lancia with Q4 transmission.
    http://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/1989248/

there are many tipos and 155 ex twin sparks that have a complete Q4 swap.

this is a Fiat Coupe 20VT 4wd with Q4 transmission.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...can0005qs.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...can0003ej.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/686/scan0001s.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/63/scan0004ch.jpg/
    4 pages, click on them to see them in full size. at the last page, you can see dynograph, specs, etc..
    Last edited by Varypodaros; 12-01-12 at 21:28.

mpampis_ is offline Running smoothly
    OP of the best thread of the year 2012
    Best Modified car of the year 2012
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by hf hpe View Post
    Yes I know him well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

A friend of mine recently purchased a Q4 from Japan to use the mechanicals in his Fiat Coupe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    A friend of mine recently purchased a Q4 from Japan to use the mechanicals in his Fiat Coupe
    Has Jim made inquiries as to whether the front screen is surplus to requirements?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Yeah I did ask. It's sitting outside so not for sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hello,
    may I introduce myself. My name is Juergen, I am owner of a Fiat Coupe 20VT with a lot of modifications, thus a conversion to a 4x4 drive from a crashed Alfa 155 Q4.
    Up to now I have measured 565HP out of the Fiat Coupe 20VT engine. My first engine got a damage to crank bearings, because of a bad constructed oil sump. I needed a self-construction to get the transfer box mounted. But I forgot to install enough baffle plates. Thus in corners the engine did not get enough oil.
    Now I changed whole engine and bought a new turbo (GTX35R) - my goal is about 650HP with E85.
    To strenghten the Alfa 155 Q4 gearbox I mounted 3 strenghtening plates, additionally I changed to strengthened gears 1-3.
    Up to now the 565HP were no problem at all.
    To get a stiffer chassis, I additionally modified the front subframe (seamwelded), I installed an additional underfloor strut, changed the rear subframe bushes to solid ones and now I am gonna to install 156 GTA front braces between front subframe and chassis.
    Additional changes: D2 coilovers, big brakes (356mm front, 305mm rear), etc.
    Only part I never found was an upgrade for the anti roll bars.
    Now I read that the front Dedra Integrale anti roll bars are better / stronger than the 155 Q4 ones?! This sounds strange to me (and is annoying - a few years ago there were a lot of them in German Ebay, meanwhile they are very rare).
    Additionally I heard that there is a possibility to get upgrades parts from Australia?!
    Now my question: Is this upgrade (28mm front, 24mm rear - really much!) a good solution for a street car like mine?! I would like a stiffer suspension with adequate behaviour for normal roads. I don't do races.
    Therefore my preferred solution would be the 24mm front anti roll bar from Dedra in combination with the stronger 24mm rear anti roll bar from Australia?!
    What is your opinion to this?!
    A link to my car:
    http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthread...1083334&page=1
    Thank you very much
    Best regards
    Juergen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Stichl View Post
    Hello,
    may I introduce myself. My name is Juergen, I am owner of a Fiat Coupe 20VT with a lot of modifications, thus a conversion to a 4x4 drive from a crashed Alfa 155 Q4.
    Up to now I have measured 565HP out of the Fiat Coupe 20VT engine. My first engine got a damage to crank bearings, because of a bad constructed oil sump. I needed a self-construction to get the transfer box mounted. But I forgot to install enough baffle plates. Thus in corners the engine did not get enough oil.
    Now I changed whole engine and bought a new turbo (GTX35R) - my goal is about 650HP with E85.
    To strenghten the Alfa 155 Q4 gearbox I mounted 3 strenghtening plates, additionally I changed to strengthened gears 1-3.
    Up to now the 565HP were no problem at all.
    To get a stiffer chassis, I additionally modified the front subframe (seamwelded), I installed an additional underfloor strut, changed the rear subframe bushes to solid ones and now I am gonna to install 156 GTA front braces between front subframe and chassis.
    Additional changes: D2 coilovers, big brakes (356mm front, 305mm rear), etc.
    Only part I never found was an upgrade for the anti roll bars.
    Now I read that the front Dedra Integrale anti roll bars are better / stronger than the 155 Q4 ones?! This sounds strange to me (and is annoying - a few years ago there were a lot of them in German Ebay, meanwhile they are very rare).
    Additionally I heard that there is a possibility to get upgrades parts from Australia?!
    Now my question: Is this upgrade (28mm front, 24mm rear - really much!) a good solution for a street car like mine?! I would like a stiffer suspension with adequate behaviour for normal roads. I don't do races.
    Therefore my preferred solution would be the 24mm front anti roll bar from Dedra in combination with the stronger 24mm rear anti roll bar from Australia?!
    What is your opinion to this?!
    A link to my car:
    http://www.fccuk.org/forum/ubbthread...1083334&page=1
    Thank you very much
    Best regards
    Juergen
    Hi Juergen,

welcome to the forum, thats an impressive spec car you've got.

The Dedra front anti-roll bar is thicker than the standard Q4 one, but only by a couple of mm. So its an upgrade but not a massive one.

Be nice to see the car added into the forum garage as well.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hello Steve,
    Thank you very much for your Welcome. This is really a nice forum with tons of information. I foud it accidentally by searching for a solution for an anti roll bar upgrade. I am quite sure that I will participate to this forum more often. My car meanwhile is more an Alfa 155 q4 than a Fiat Coupe.
    Juergen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Stichl View Post
    a few years ago there were a lot of them in German Ebay, meanwhile they are very rare
    There still seem to be a lot of Q4 parts on Ebay in Germany, the only problem is they are expensive and lots of sellers don't like sending things outside of Germany.

I think the Dedra Integrale was even rarer than the Q4, just a little different as well with the 8V engine and non-torsen rear diff.

Just goes to show how messed up Fiat Spa thinking was back in the early 90's. Why make them all the same when you can have subtle differences to cause everyone problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hi Juergen welcome.

It is a good forum, have a dig about there's some good info.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Fantastic project! Welcome!