Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Some advice, IC, Turbo, ECU connection

Hello all,

I would like to ask about few things regarding to q4.

1) I already read posts about IC, and i'm confused, which IC to use, many of links provided in posts are already dead, can You share information what kind of IC's are using in Your cars (that with above 300ps setup)

2) i have t3 gr.a turbo, whatever it means but the main problem for me is that boost came at about 3,8k rpm, way to high for me, what can be the rason?, where to start looking?, You can find my setup in garage section, what kind of turbo are You using... for example t3/t4 hybrid turbo has many many configurations (as for now i dont have boost gauge - waiting for that, but that what i feel when driving the car)

3) is there any way to read data online from ecu and connected acutators, for ex in my and my wifes 147's i;m using fiatecuscan software?

4) what kind of software/hardware are you using to remap ecu chip ?

that's probably all what i can find in memory now.

regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

for live data
    http://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/cou.../startrek.html
    works with vag-com

for actuators you need interface

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Suzumushi View Post
    Hello all,

I would like to ask about few things regarding to q4.

1) I already read posts about IC, and i'm confused, which IC to use, many of links provided in posts are already dead, can You share information what kind of IC's are using in Your cars (that with above 300ps setup)

2) i have t3 gr.a turbo, whatever it means but the main problem for me is that boost came at about 3,8k rpm, way to high for me, what can be the rason?, where to start looking?, You can find my setup in garage section, what kind of turbo are You using... for example t3/t4 hybrid turbo has many many configurations (as for now i dont have boost gauge - waiting for that, but that what i feel when driving the car)

3) is there any way to read data online from ecu and connected acutators, for ex in my and my wifes 147's i;m using fiatecuscan software?

4) what kind of software/hardware are you using to remap ecu chip ?

that's probably all what i can find in memory now.

regards
    When you say IC do you mean the intercooler or replacement chip for the ECU?

It sounds as if there is something amiss with your turbo or its installation as the car should be making useful boost way before 3800rpm.
    Is there any way you can check to see what a a/r ratio of your turbo is?
    If your car still has the original exhaust on it, you will find it very restrictive. The std exhaust has 3 silencers which is way over the top.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    When you say IC do you mean the intercooler or replacement chip for the ECU?

It sounds as if there is something amiss with your turbo or its installation as the car should be making useful boost way before 3800rpm.
    Is there any way you can check to see what a a/r ratio of your turbo is?
    If your car still has the original exhaust on it, you will find it very restrictive. The std exhaust has 3 silencers which is way over the top.
    IC = intercooler sorry for missunderstanding

can the turbo be cheked on body itself or it must be dissasembled?
    i'm trying to get such info from previous owner but with no luck

<edit> got the info "The turbo is 0.60/0.48 "</edit>

The car has full 65 mm exhaust system from turbo to the end with only one silencer at the back and sport cat.
    Last edited by Suzumushi; 03-11-11 at 00:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

first you need to check for boost leak