Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default 147 GTA :: 2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA

147 GTA :: 2004 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA (2011-10-27 20:09:09)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Some dyno update ;]
    "Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Beautiful car Suzumushi and very powerfull too!!. How is understeering behavior?, mean with the new suspensión + extra power, I heard GTAs nose is too heavy, and FWD don't help very much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Not a big fan of the 147 here, but got to admit, the car looks nice and you can't moan at those power outputs.
    Be interested to hear how all the power through the front wheels is handled. I was in a New Delta 16vt a few years back that had @250bhp. Every time you pushed the pedal to the floor the car would try to veer off the road.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by JBSOUND View Post
    Beautiful car Suzumushi and very powerfull too!!. How is understeering behavior?, mean with the new suspensión + extra power, I heard GTAs nose is too heavy, and FWD don't help very much.
    Thanks a lot of understeer on soft settings, even more on standard suspension, you have to be very careful, but on upgraded and stiffer suspension it's not so bad, i'm using it occasionally at spring and fall time. love v6 sound (but not so much as in 155v6 or gv6).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    Be interested to hear how all the power through the front wheels is handled. I was in a New Delta 16vt a few years back that had @250bhp. Every time you pushed the pedal to the floor the car would try to veer off the road.
    Almost exacly the same in this one, without enabled ASR, tires must be changed very quickly.
    But it's really fun to drive
    i will summarize this by quoting Clarkson.. "this car is insane, but that's ok because you have to be insane to buy one" "bad cars can be briliant, and that's your example"

regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Added garage cover photos as i was able to finally find it (cover) and bought it in UK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Nice GTA! From what I see in pictures it is with bigger front brembo calipers and 330mm discs, nice. What is done to the car to be 270hp, ECU tune?
    It only miss Q2/Quaife diff in my opinion .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by kunev View Post
    Nice GTA! From what I see in pictures it is with bigger front brembo calipers and 330mm discs, nice. What is done to the car to be 270hp, ECU tune?
    It only miss Q2/Quaife diff in my opinion .
    Brake system is totally standard
    it has only better inlet with K&N, and already changed exhaust to little bit less restrictive as old one was a rust mess.

regards

w

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

You maybe don't understand me about brake setup . Originally 147 and 156 GTA was equipped with "smaller" brembo calipers and 305mm front discs. But from around 2003 Alfa Romeo upgraded the brake setup of these cars with bigger brembo calipers and 330mm discs. There is also cars that was upgraded with new package. Here is side by side comparison:

There is rumors that this was because of many warped discs by original setup.
    And also cars with bigger brake setup don't have a spare wheel in the boot, but instead a punch repair kit. So your car have bigger brake setup and have to had repair kit instead of spare wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by kunev View Post
    You maybe don't understand me about brake setup . Originally 147 and 156 GTA was equipped with "smaller" brembo calipers and 305mm front discs. But from around 2003 Alfa Romeo upgraded the brake setup of these cars with bigger brembo calipers and 330mm discs. There is also cars that was upgraded with new package. Here is side by side comparison:

There is rumors that this was because of many warped discs by original setup.
    And also cars with bigger brake setup don't have a spare wheel in the boot, but instead a punch repair kit. So your car have bigger brake setup and have to had repair kit instead of spare wheel.
    Yes, You are correct,
    but i also have spare wheel in the boot this is italian understanding of things
    in case of puncture on the front i have to first put spare on rear, and than replace front wheel

regards

w