Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Jim Nielsen's 155 Q4 :: 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4

Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 :: 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (2011-07-16 12:07:58)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Winton This weekend..

I am taking the Q4 to Winton this weekend - I have a new camera and lots of improvements to the car! So I hope that i will end up with some thing worth sharing.. We will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Ignition module Swap

Hi. I wanted to pass on this info - that the Bosch Ignition module part# 0 227 100 124 is compatible with the standard 155 Q4 ignition system. ** BUT ** you do have to make one small modification...

You need to move the wire that currently goes to pin 6 on the module so that it now goes to pin 5. (on each module if you are changing both..)

In the Q4 there is no actual pin in the header in the pin 5 position so you need to either move the wire in the header or (more simply) just insert a new pin.

This module is the typical one that people who use Motec or Autronic would use but it will work fine with the standard ECU as well if the above mod is made..

cheers, jim..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Champion BAE 800B coil dwell time..

Hi there again..

The Q4 has as standard the Champion BAE 800B coil set. Here is my question..

Does anybody know what the dwell time (set in the ECU) is for this coil? I want to know this because i "heard" once that the dwell was 9.5ms - that seems awfully long to me and we are currently using 5ms..

Anybody know what it really is supposed to be?

regards, jim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jimnielsen View Post
    Hi. I wanted to pass on this info - that the Bosch Ignition module part# 0 227 100 124 is compatible with the standard 155 Q4 ignition system. ** BUT ** you do have to make one small modification...

You need to move the wire that currently goes to pin 6 on the module so that it now goes to pin 5. (on each module if you are changing both..)

In the Q4 there is no actual pin in the header in the pin 5 position so you need to either move the wire in the header or (more simply) just insert a new pin.

This module is the typical one that people who use Motec or Autronic would use but it will work fine with the standard ECU as well if the above mod is made..

cheers, jim..
    hi jimni,
    what is advantage from Q4`s ignition modules ?