Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New cams

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

I was questioning more if the injectors could deliver the necessary resolution rather than the ECU.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4: Dozeing in the garage.
    2009 Audi A4 tdi: Everyday drive.
    1994 Alfa Romeo 155 , 1995cc Std Standard Black

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

These injectors are really only suited to racecars (in my opinion) - but they are a modern high performance injector with low latency and very low recovery time. I am more worried about cold starting and idle stability really. I did a cold test start this morning and the car started no problems at 4 degrees centigrade, so I am pleased with that!!

Perhaps I should have opted for the Injector dynamics ID1000 injectors - they have even better resolution, but are not so easy to obtain here...

just a note - I am using these injectors @ 50 PSI (3.5 bar) static where they yield 900cc/min.

Anyway that is it for this car except that I need to make it all work properly....but I am planning no more changes to it (assuming that these new cams actually do what they are supposed to do.......)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Regarding cold starts, I was at the Goodwood festival of speed back in 2000 and the first step in the start up procedure for the 155 v6 ti was to get a large gas fired space heater and blow hot air over the engine.

4c would be considered a hot start back in the UK given the state of their summers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

One of the consequences of using these new cams (other than more power) is more exhaust gas..because of this the internal wastegate just does not function properly any more. Base boost is set at 1.1 bar, and that works ok, but after 5000RPM once the wastegate opens it does not flow enough gas to control the boost properly. So we have used a dual chamber BOV to bleed off some air on the inlet side - the bov is actually controlled by the boost controller - the spring in the wastegate sets the minimum boost...

The injectors I am using can deliver 900cc/min - but I am now using 95% of their flow capacity to produce 330 wheel hp - E85 uses a lot more volume of fuel and produces more exhaust gas..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

Blimey, by my calculations thats 3.4litres/min at full power. Or to put it another way, it'll empty the tank in less than 20 mins if you ran flat out!

How much does it use out on track l/min?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The Autronic can log fuel use, i will log a bit for you when I take the car to the track in a few weeks!

cheers, jim..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

How long do you usually spend out on track at a time? I was just wondering if you needed to drag a whole load of jerry cans to the track with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I normally take 80l of fuel with me for a day at the track! But in the past it has not been reliable enough to use that much!!