View Poll Results: What state is your Q4 in

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its stuck in the garage in pieces.

9 27.27%
  • It just needs a couple of small jobs finishing.

18 54.55%
  • Its in tip top condition, no problems at all.

6 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hmmm, a picture says it all

It's been like this for quite a while now.
    In a world full of compromise...
    ...some don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Q4 Status

My widebody Q4 has been used a daily driver for last two weeks, various diff leaks, etc recently sorted out and due for a MOT next month.

Skinny Q4 (waterspray one -series 1?) still garaged with rotten rear quarters and sills awaiting restoration at some point in the distant far future.

Ex-Swiss rustfree Q4 widebody chassis shell lying in bodyshop other side of the UK with most of engine and gearbox in boxes - not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Webb View Post
    Be interested to hear some more about your LPG install.

Glad to hear that all the trim is in good condition as well. Although I'm not a big fan of wooden steering wheels in modern cars to be honest.
    In fact, I don't like wooden trims in modern sports cars either, but I prefer brand new steering wheel and gear knob than reconditioned ones. As they have a dark color they seem quite ok in my car. I will upload some photos for you to see.

About the LPG setup I really don't recommend any of us to do, I pulled out the LPG kit from the car when the engine was rebuilding but I had to re-install a kit because doing the paperwork is more expensive than a kit... I don't like to drive my car with LPG (A little reminder: The most expensive fuel in the world is in Turkey.) but when cruising it is very safe. (Of course it is safe while boosting but I don't prefer.) I have a friend who is really a pro about remapping and lpg installs and he took his time while remapping my car with fuel or LPG. As I said before I can get boosts like 1,5 Bars with Q4's original turbo even with fuel or lpg. In fact, it sometimes knocks a little with fuel but never knocks with lpg because of the higher octane rate of lpg.
    1991 75 1.8 ie (Alfa Rosso) EX
    1996 155 Q4 (Alfa Rosso) EX
    1994 155 Q4 (Alfa Rosso) EX
    1990 75 Turbo America (Alfa Nero) EX
    1990 75 3.0 QV (Alfa Rosso) Rising from its ashes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Mine hopefully will be emerging from a 6-8 month recommission after being of the road for a year or two. It already has MOT, Road Tax and insurance and has had a good shakedown run which identified a few other issues.