After owning a 2.0 and a pair of V6 155s I finally took the plunge and bought a Q4!

I headed down from Glasgow to the English south coast to buy this Swiss import from Pavs.....
A train to London, a train to Portsmouth and then this to Gosport....

Then a quick trip up to Gloucester for an MOT. Got through okay apart from an advisory on both the rear subframe mounts and an oil leak.

A stop over at a mate's in Nottingham..... it's a bit more pink/magenta/orange than I'd like, but I'd always expected to have to get it painted eventually anyway.

The next day I find myself up at Sitech Racing for a shoot after doing over 600 miles in less than 24 hours! Sadly the oil leak had gone from bad to worse.... we found out that the plug seals had burst leaving the bores to completely fill up and overflow!

Got it sorted and the next issue is that the boost is cutting at just under 1 bar. Looks like the boost controller seems to be at fault? Any other ideas about what may be causing this?

Here we have the engine bay...

And a crop showing the boost controller which seems to be troublesome...

After a quick run with it holding boost up to 0.5 bar ok it all went tits up!
Wouldn't go into second, then lots of banging and crunching etc in third.... coasted back to the garage and left it there for diagnosis. It was moved with no apparent problem today, so whatever is wrong is seemingly intermittent anyway....