Quote Originally Posted by AlfaJack

Bumper off time now...
Bumper off and a little wiggle of the IC and the end cap just fell off. Seems I did a proper job
I compressed the seal with the help of some long camps and scrap wood and hammered the tabs back in to place (budget restoration rules adhered to).

I found after some head scratching the the cause for the over boost was simply the boost controller bleed valve. I can only assume that as I have not made any adjustments to the bleed valve that the turbo after having the bearings replaced spins more freely and is producing more pressure - seems unlikely though.
Anyway after finding a helpful mechanic at Brands Hatch on Sunday (Historic F1 day) I took the bleed valve to him and he freed off the adjuster so I could take out the spring and ball bearing. For the journey home it had a standard 0.7 BAR of boost which is to be expected.

What doesn't add up is the the boost gauge never did show me getting anywhere near 1.5 BAR which is where the ignition cut is supposed to happen. :hs: :hs: I may have a separate issue.

Before all this I was glad to get some paint on the rear quarter and spoiler (that's 7 years post 95% respray!)

Bumper support reaffixed in with some JB weld.