Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Oil and water flow figures?

Hi,

Do anyone here know what flow (litre/min for example) the oil pump and the water pump gives at alla or at a certain speed?

I saw on the Davies Craig site (electrical water pump manufacturer) that he sold a 80 l/min pump for applicatons up to 3 litre cylinder volume. I suppose that corresponds quite well with the dimensioning for our engine. Or? And is it linear with engine speed? and what about the oil pump?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

#84, I use the davies craig 80 l/m electric water pump. It keeps the car VERY cool. I just use the pump - without a controller..

jim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

So, by that we can make the conclusion that the standard pump does not flow 80 l/min. Or?

(Well the standard pump flow varies with engine speed, probably more or less linear and if you have it run at the same speed as at rev limit then maybe it would do better than normal.)

Do you have any pictures from your installation?

As you might understand the question popped up after having read your inlet temperature thread. This makes it even more interesting; I mean you have engine temperature under control with this pump and still the inlet temperature is more or less out of control.

My idea is to test a oil-water heat exchanger to get the oil temperature up quicker and then fit an additional water cooler where the oil cooler used to be to help the entire water system. But maybe not at the moment ...