Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default 164 & 155 q4 info.

Hello guys

I have some small technical qeustions about the 164 and 155 q4. I wondered if some owners could do a meusure the distance in engine /gearbox mountings to the chassis. And maybe could post me a picture of the mountings. This is because im lookin to the possibility of building a v6 block with a gearbox from the 164 q4 in a 155 q4. If its do able it would become and awesome project.

Dear regards bas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Welcome to the forum.
    Hell of a project! Good luck with it. There is only one member with a 164 Q4 as far as I know:
    http://forum.berlinasportivo.org/member.php?u=357

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Its indeed a project. Im now looking for owners nearby to go and measure.

If the v6 would be able to fit i would have a good basis to go wild on low budget. I now already have a v6 tb engine Love v6 from alfa its adaptable to diffrent purposes Ill keep it posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

i have an alfa 164Q4 and an alfa155Q4
    the engine can be fit on 155 and you can use the engine brackets from 155 2.5 v6
    the gear box of the 164Q4 can fit inside you have room to do this
    the problem with the 164Q4 gear box is
    that the logic of 4x4 system in those cars is complete different
    164 Q4 gear box is with out middle differential
    164 Q4 has the viscous coupling to the rear differential and this is electronic operated
    there is many problems in front of you but if you have will and fantasy you can pass them
    for example the electronic operated viscous you can have it always engage and you have a nice back wheal drive 155
    or you can make it manual adjustment with a switch from inside the car

but you need the rear diff from 164q4
    keep on posting your project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Hello

Im sorry for asking a bit back on your posting but my english isnt that good.

If i would mount the v6 and the gearbox and would leave it with that i would get a permanent 4*4 drive because i dont drive with a visco??

I dont really think thats a problem. I understand it would give some friction but thats aint a big problem so far i know. But i could be wrong.

Here is the post from the pb to:

On this moment i have an 155 front wheel drive with an v6tb engine in it. This is alot of fun and after reading the project about the 2.8 T V6 it got me hooked. The only problems i had was that i couldnt find a gearbox for the front wheel drive that was capeable of doing more than 440Nm. So it would be a waste.

But after talking with a couple of friends i had found a perfect base/car that could handle the torqeu and power. The q4.

I'm busy trying to buy a q4 with engine damage.
    I have my own 155 that will provide alot of parts.
    Lowering kitt strong enough to hold all the weight
    The 164 q4 gearbox is can pick up whenever i want.

If i get most of the parts i will talk with a tuning company about the how and whats.

I hope i have given you enough info

And if this is really going to happen i will open a thread on this forum offcourse. I want to thank you already!

Greetings