Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Smile baffled sump and windrage tray

I have just seen it at walkers garage and I must have it but again i think it is a bit expensive. also I do not know if it would fit the Q4?

Evo delta - why aren?t you starting a production ?????

any one??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The baffled sump pan is very expensive isn't it. It must be because the plate is a brand new one, the baffles themselves couldn't ever be worth that much surely. New oe stuff seems to be worth a fortune these days.

The windage tray is a decent enough price in comparison but do you know why you need it? or is it just that you want it? They don't really do much until very high levels are reached, 600 bhp+. Is that what you intend?

Evodelta showed you a girdle once which came from me , it won't run in an engine that one.....long story.

I've got one (a girdle) to run in my engine which is fine, this will have a windage tray bolted to it. I'm not that keen on the way the walkers one bolts to the aluminium sump, I'd worry that it would fatigue over time, I've seen it in other engines when done like that.

All said and done an accusump will do all that those are trying to do until excessive power is achieved. That and a decently full sump.

Nik