Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default HELP! egr hoses, and stuff i don't know the name of

1: What is the grey thing thats marked with 1. in the picture? and should one of the hoses from the egr sensor be connected to it (underneath)?

2:the thin red line is marking one of the hoses that's coming out of the egr sensor, should this be connected under the grey container thing i don't know the name of? (it's connected there now because it was suddently loose and i don't know where it came from. And if i remove the egr system, could i just remove the hose? the number 2 marking is just the end that should be connected to the egr sensor ( i broke one of the nipples on the sensor)

3. is just the egr sensor, so don't mind that.

Thanks

Eivind
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ecl View Post
    1: What is the grey thing thats marked with 1. in the picture? and should one of the hoses from the egr sensor be connected to it (underneath)?

2:the thin red line is marking one of the hoses that's coming out of the egr sensor, should this be connected under the grey container thing i don't know the name of? (it's connected there now because it was suddently loose and i don't know where it came from. And if i remove the egr system, could i just remove the hose? the number 2 marking is just the end that should be connected to the egr sensor ( i broke one of the nipples on the sensor)

3. is just the egr sensor, so don't mind that.

Thanks

Eivind
    1 is the pierburg valve, it controls your boost. The two bottom pipes, one goes to the turbo, the other to the wastegate actuator. The pipe on top should be connected to the big inlet pipe.

Number 2 is the cam phase sensor (on the end of the exhaust cam shaft), is it not? - nothing to do with the EGR, I am not sure where you have connected the pip

Maybe I am confused as the picture is a bit blurry, could you get a new photo?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Well,

Number 1 : it is the Pierburg valve and has nothing to do with the EGR system.
    The small bore hose that goes on top f it is connected the the big hose from the air filter to inlet part of the turbine.
    The other two small hoses, at the bottom of this P. valve goes to the turbine - need to see which one goes where.

The two small bore hoses that are 'coming out' from the egr sensor goes :
    - one of them at the throttle body underneath of it
    and
    - the second one goes all the way around the 'back' of the engine to the EGR valve.

If you remove the EGR system make sure you block the small bore hose at the throttle body.

Have a look at the pictures :
    Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

allright then, got a little smarter

the one hose coming from the back of the engine is still connected to the egr sensor.

The other one should be connected to the throttle body then. This is the one thats connected to the egr sensor nipple that broke. If i understand this right i need to plug up this hose then, and just leave the other hose coming from the egr valve in place when removing the system? did i get this right or do i need to plug up the one coming from the back to?

The reason i thought it might belong to the pierburg was because i found one nipple underneath it that was not connected to anything, and the loose hose was suddently just there in front of me, but it must have come loose from the throttle body. but i guess there should be another small hose laying around there which should be connected to the pierburd then, i'll bring my flashlight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ecl View Post
    allright then, got a little smarter

the one hose coming from the back of the engine is still connected to the egr sensor.

The other one should be connected to the throttle body then. This is the one thats connected to the egr sensor nipple that broke. If i understand this right i need to plug up this hose then, and just leave the other hose coming from the egr valve in place when removing the system? did i get this right or do i need to plug up the one coming from the back to?

The reason i thought it might belong to the pierburg was because i found one nipple underneath it that was not connected to anything, and the loose hose was suddently just there in front of me, but it must have come loose from the throttle body. but i guess there should be another small hose laying around there which should be connected to the pierburd then, i'll bring my flashlight.
    yes, you can block this hose {from the throttle body} or you can use it to measure your POSITIVE ONLY boost pressure. At vacuum {'negative' pressure} you do not get any readings from this tube.
    The other one you could leave it at its place when you'll remove the egr system. I did not removed it but I will as I do not like having a blind tube.

As for the tube 'missing' from the pierburg valve you MUST connect it properly.
    If you search a little at older posts here you'll find the connections for the P. valve and the risk having them wrong.

If you remove the egr system don't forget to block this one too.
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (83.2 KB, 26 views)
    Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

internet i great thanks guys