Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Fuely Pump relay and fuse.

I need to identify the fuel pump relay, from the ECU manual, it looks like its the one circled in the picture - correct?

Fuel pump fuse - is it the one that is arrowed in the picture - I can't find any info on this.. If this is not it, where is it? Is there a specific, single fuse for the fuel pump?

I am going to use a Walbro GSL329 fuel pump as well as the existing 'in-tank' pump, and I'd like to connect the pump using the existing fuel pump wiring - but I don't want to overload its fuse.. therefore I need to find it. This way it will also be controlled via pin 28 of the ECU and switch off when the engine stops, even if there is still power to it.

thanks, jimn~
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rides

The relays is certainly one of those two relays, I just pulled them both out when needing to prevent the car starting

The handbook reads as if it's the one you've circled.

Fuses...can't find one listed for the fuel pump in the handbook The one you've highlighted is for "system protection" (whatever that means!).

wrinx
    My Q4 in the Garage

www.alfaromeo155.co.uk ............................ □□□-V-□□□ .................................. www.ilmostro.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I do not know which one is but in any case, move the battery in the back of the car - if you have not already done that - and the pump relay as well, closer to the pump as possible. I believe it should be a 30 Amp one at least or higher.

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I have the battery inside the car, against the front bulkhead, in the passenger foot well (its just a racecar...). It can't go all the way to the back because it is a VERY small battery and the voltage drop over long cable would not enable the battery to crank the engine.

The relay can stay where it is, unless I rewire the whole car to save weight - in which case I will get rid of every relay..

but do you know if there is actually a "fuel pump fuse..'

thats what I'd like to know..

jimn~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I think you will have more voltage drop if you keep the relay at the front as the cable will go from the battery to the relay {engine compartment} and then back to the fuel pump at the back of the car. At least move the relay near the battery or the pump. You will have half of wire length.
    I'll ask for the 'fuel pump fuse' and I'll let you know.

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

The fuel pump fuse is the one pointed with the arrow. It?s 15A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Thanks, I might have to 'up-it' a bit to 25 amps so that it does not blow with both pumps connected...