Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying BerlinaSportivo :: Italian Sports Saloons but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Default Advice for wheel angles?

I am about to adjust my wheel angles and am curious if anyone have experimented with front wheel camber and toe? Any advice?

I have been using camber in the range 1,5-2 degrees and slight toe out, 4'.

/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

I am using 3.5 degrees (neg) and .5mm toe in. on my racecar Q4. Works well, but I am still getting understeer on tight bends if I push into the corner too hard.

Jimn~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jimnielsen View Post
    I am using 3.5 degrees (neg) and .5mm toe in. on my racecar Q4. Works well, but I am still getting understeer on tight bends if I push into the corner too hard.

Jimn~
    But if you soften the rear end a bit, it should do the trick. It would give you some oversteering...

Have you tried that?
    Regards...

RMB-Racing
    Ronnie Bonde
    Denmark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

3,5 degree negative camber, that is a lot. What about the tyre wear? I am thinking about the inside of the front wheels. I suppose I have to go for a less agressive wheel angles since I mainly use my car for the road.

Soften the rear end? Do you mean for helping turn in? Normally a softer rear suspension leads to better rera grip and more understeer. Not 100 % related but anyway; a friend mounted the Eibach anti-roll bar kit on his 155 Q4 club racer and it didn't work very wel untill one of the screws to the front anti-roll bar broke, then when the front was soft and the rear was stiff , then it worked fantastic....

/A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by RMB-Racing View Post
    But if you soften the rear end a bit, it should do the trick. It would give you some oversteering...

Have you tried that?
    This is wrong, stiffen the back end for more oversteer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Agreed- I am getting a stiffer rear anti roll bar made to try for this purpose - I don't believe there is an "off the shelf" one that you can purchase?

on camber - 3.5 deg neg is fine for a racecar where every corner is being taken at max possible speed - but far too much for a street car.

jimn~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evodelta View Post
    This is wrong, stiffen the back end for more oversteer.
    That is correct! My fault... Sorry!
    Regards...

RMB-Racing
    Ronnie Bonde
    Denmark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Jim,

If you have a rear anti-rol bar custom made I am definetely interested in one as well.

I bought the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar (BAR 11; 22 mm) which has been fitted on other Q4:s, but it didn't even fit to the trailing arm. At the moment I wait for one of the guys at the alfa155.org forum to give me data/pictures on his BAR 11 to contiunue the process against Whiteline. I sent them a picture of a 155 2.0 TS 16V trailing arm with the anti-roll bar, clearly showing a huge difference betwen their anti-roll bar and the standard one. However they still claim that it is my own fault it doesn't fit....

/A