PDA

View Full Version : The definitive Suspension thread.

Steve Webb
10-03-08, 08:42
It seems like suspension kits have got lost by the wayside over the past couple of months. (I'm as guilty of this as anyone) So I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread to talk through the options that we have open and where, if anywhere people have got with suppliers.

We know Intrax racing can supply kits, very good but very expensive.

D2 racing - any info on this?

Anyone else?

Steve

Steve Webb
10-03-08, 08:45
This post will be updated with all D2 racing suspension info.

D2 suspension seems to be a go-er now, so if you are interested in a set @ $545 usd please add your name to the end of this thread.

So far we have
Alfista_AR - Dario
XTI - Chris
Steve Webb
Jim Nielsen

alfista_AR
10-03-08, 10:58
This post will be updated with all D2 racing suspension info.

Steve

D2 needs only a complete standard suspension kit, to develop new ones for Q4.
I'm not able to find the parts and ship to Taiwan, sorry.

May be you guys can do it.
-Dario.

Steve Webb
10-03-08, 12:50
does anyone know if there is a Taiwan Alfa club? Maybe we have a Q4 owner over there. I know for sure we have Q4 owners in Japan.

Stuntz
10-03-08, 13:02
i can get hold of whole active suspension but as i am building my own q4 i wont be able to finace it sooo if you want it i could buy it for you and send it to taiwan

Steve Webb
10-03-08, 13:14
I've just mailed the Alfa Romeo club of Taiwan to see if any of its members have a Q4. Might be able to sort out getting a complete suspension to D2 without needing to send it out there physically.

Also, I'll approach Alfa to see if it might be possible to get hold of the technical drawings of the Q4 suspension.

Stuntz
10-03-08, 14:12
Keep me posted will be glad to help.

Xti
11-03-08, 16:57
I've now read the whole D2 suspension thread. I'm in too for a Q4 complete suspension kit from D2, of course for a reasonable price considering we'll order more kits from them.
Mine is 1995 widebody.

In about couple (but can't promiss yet) of weeks I'll have a garage to start my Q4's rebuild and than I should be able to help with shock absorbers and stuff for sending it to D2. Keep in touch here.

Cheers,
Chris.

alfista_AR
11-03-08, 23:14
Guys,

VERY GOOD NEWS FROM D2 TO US!!!!

Please see the email below from Helen (D2 sales Rep.) that she sent to me.

Hello Dario

I have a good news would like to tell you,
that is we find Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 this car,
so you no need to send the coilover to me,
if would like to customize the min order is 10 sets, one is USD 545,
these terms in our previous mail, I already told you and you also agree.

Now, I would like to ask you,
if you would like to order,
please let me know how many sets,
and please give me your delivery address, phone number, receiver,
company's name, than I can make an invoice for you,
after we received the payment, I will process your order immediately,
and let you get the goods quickly thanks.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Have a nice day

Best Regards
Helen

----- Original Message -----
To: "Helen" <helen@d2racingsport.com>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Information for D2 Racing Sport

> I'm afraid that you already forgot me :-)
>
> So sorry for may late, late answer but you know, the family and work has
> the priority one for me .
>
> These are the last news about Q4 suspensions kits:
>
> We are not able to find a complete new stock suspension kit (coilovers &
> shocks, front and rear) to ship to you.
> Instead we are doing huge efforts to find used parts, in reasonable good
> shape, and ship those to you (if this can be used as reference for
> customize a new kit).
> During this time, many others guys made some noise about suspension
> providers, one of them is KSport, they claimed that his kits are
> actually ready for the Q4 and don't need customization, besides that
> they actually have dealers in UK and Denmark that simplify the buying
> process for the guys of Europe.
> Anyway we are on the final lap to finish this issue and probably decide
> a group buy with the best offer and quality product.
> I'll let you know.
>
> Thanks a lot for your time and effort to help us.
>
> Sincerely.
> Dario.
>

Steve and others, this really simplify the buying process and no need to ship samples anymore (I think that they don't like to hear about competitors "ready to use product" ;-) )

Then we only need to reach 10 kits in one group buy to have the special agreed price.

Hope it helps!
-Dario.

Xti
12-03-08, 08:02
Dario, many many thanks for your efforts. I'm sure everyone appreciates.

As I said before, I'm in for a complete set, the 545 USD/set sounds great. Can they give us some details about the complete set ? I think we'd like to know the shipping costs too if its not too much to ask. Anyway, count me in boys.

How should we do about the 10 sets order? I'm ready to pay at any moment.

Cheers,
Chris

Steve Webb
12-03-08, 08:37
Thats really good news Dario, and the price is really good as well. Thanks for putting all the work in. Just a couple of things to sort out then

We need to get together at least 10 people to buy a set. Chris is a definite, so am I, so everyone else who is interested add your name to this thread.

Are they able to ship to people individually, or are they only able to ship to one address and we have to re-distribute?

AlfaJack
12-03-08, 11:05
Sorry guys, I would have a year ago but I had no choice but to replace it then as it was shot! Hope you get the 10 orders :D

jimnielsen
12-03-08, 11:25
Hi, I'll order a set as well. Can you please set out clearly for me what we are expecting to get for our $545 USD?

Thanks, JimN~

Xti
12-03-08, 12:52
Should be the kit for Widebodied Q4s the same as for the narrow ones?
Is the stock suspension the same for both models ? (except maybe for the electronic one...?)

Thanks a lot,
Chris.

matias
12-03-08, 18:57
* Alfista_AR - Dario
* XTI - Chris
* Steve Webb
* Jim Nielsen
* Matias (from Argentina too)

Thank you!

Steve Webb
12-03-08, 19:01
* Alfista_AR - Dario
* XTI - Chris
* Steve Webb
* Jim Nielsen
* Matias (from Argentina too)

Thank you!

Looks like we are half way there already.

alfista_AR
12-03-08, 21:12
Looks like we are half way there already.

Hey guys!
Well, seems that we are in the middle of the street!!!
I'll ask Helen if they can ship to both locations, (Argentina and Europe) because I think that we can have more Argentinian guys that want to have a kit too (there are at least 7, Q4 owners here!)

Matias, we can put the same thread in www.cuoresportivo.com.ar forum, to ask for possible buyers.
I'll follow this with you locally.

About payment, If we reach 5 guys in Argentina and 5 in Europe (or whichever combination of 10!) we can do two different payments, one person can organize this issue in Europe (may be you Steve) and another one from this side.

I will ask Hellen too, if she can Cc: the messages to you guys to be all "synchronized" ;-) and avoid undesirable surprises, Ok?

Taiwan is far and now we are talking about money, right?

About which kit we'll get, should be the street one http://www.d2racing.com.tw/type-street.htm

But I was reading the specs of those of rally asphalt http://www.d2racing.com.tw/type-asp.htm
and my right foot goes up and down until imaginary 7k RPM !!!!! :-)
Any way we can ask for rally types and evaluate the price.

Please send your email address to me privately if you want to be added to D2 messages (I swear that won't be used for spam purposes!!!)

That's all by now, will be in touch.
-Dario.

Xti
12-03-08, 22:07
Hi Dario !
I've just sent my email adress to you via PM.

Thanks a lot,
Chris.

RMB-Racing
12-03-08, 23:12
Hi guy?s

Count me in!

That is so cheap, that I have to get me one of those...

Steve Webb
13-03-08, 08:39
So far we have
Alfista_AR - Dario
XTI - Chris
Steve Webb
Jim Nielsen
Matias (from Argentina too)
RMB-Racing - Ronnie

6 Already then

Juan ALZAGA
14-03-08, 08:26
Hi chaps! Hope everybody is doing fine. I would be interested too, but I have to make my final decision though ...do any of the boyz from BsAs have any idea of the transportation and customs clearance expenses to face ? I believe that for entering these goodies into Argentina we will be charged 50% of the CIF inv value. Anyway, keep things up and many thanks for all those that are putting effort and time to reach this goal.

ecl
14-03-08, 18:51
Im interested. I am currently looking for a new suspention kit, (koni or bilstein), and i just stumbled onto this thread. For me this i mad cheap, so if it's for real count me in, koni's or bilstein will put me down 1200 usd here in norway. so this seems to good to be true:D

Keep me updated.

I live in Norway by the way

Eivind

Steve Webb
14-03-08, 19:44
Alfista_AR - Dario
XTI - Chris
Steve Webb
Jim Nielsen
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)

So thats 6 definites and 2 possibles.

mindus
14-03-08, 21:32
Hi,

I am interested, just need to know which kit would be ordered. And if camber plates can be included.
So I'm in.

Cheers

alfista_AR
17-03-08, 01:59
Hi,

I am interested, just need to know which kit would be ordered. And if camber plates can be included.
So I'm in.

Cheers

Hi Guys,

These are the last news from D2.

Hello, Dario,

How are you >O<

I already checked with our engineer,
he want me to told you,
if you would like to rally asphalt or street that is also fine,
but if you would like to customize rally asphalt, one set have add USD 100,
so this set is USD 645,
but if you would like to order street type one set is USD 545.
We can customize these two types in the same time,
Pleaes let me know, which type you would like to order and how many sets,
and please give me your delivery address, phone number, receiver,
then I can make an invoice for your reference, after you charge the payment,
the we can customize for you, let you get the goods as soon as possible, thanks.

Please let me know soon, then I can give reply to our engineer thanks.

Have a nice day

Best Regards
Helen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dario Opezzo" <dopezzo@automodelli.com.ar>
To: "Helen" <helen@d2racingsport.com>
Cc: <ronnie.bonde@vip.cybercity.dk>; <steve@berlinasportivo.com>; <campanc@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: Information for D2 Racing Sport

> Hi Helen,
>
> It's me again Dario, but this time with my folks from Europe ;-)
> Let me introduce you these three guys (Ronnie from Denmark, Steve from
> UK and Chris from Slovenia) , because they are interested to buy the
> kits too and will be many more soon added to this mailing-list.
> Please add them to the mails of this thread, in order to keep all of Us
> informed and with the lasts good news!
> Thank you Helen!
> -Dario.
>> Hello Dario
>> I have a good news would like to tell you,
>> that is we find Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 this car,
>> so you no need to send the coilover to me,
>> if would like to customize the min order is 10 sets, one is USD 545,
>> these terms in our previous mail, I already told you and you also agree.
>> Now, I would like to ask you,
>> if you would like to order,
>> please let me know how many sets,
>> and please give me your delivery address, phone number, receiver,
>> company's name, than I can make an invoice for you,
>> after we received the payment, I will process your order immediately,
>> and let you get the goods quickly thanks.
>> Look forward to hearing from you soon
>> Have a nice day
>> Best Regards
>> Helen

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

If someone of you wants the Rally-Asphalt version just need to add u$s 100 to the kit and D2 will customize it specially for Q4, I think it's a great news!!!

After reading the threat I saw that we're almost ready to order the 10 kits!
I'll contact Helen telling she the good news.
I think that is time to coordinate between you guys from EUR and we'll do the same from Argentina side.
Matias and Juan, you both guys can contact me directly, could be a chance to ship the kits to Miami and from there to Buenos Aires, saving some money on shipping costs.

Ok just wait to receive my Cc. to Helen in your inbox! (I'll do from my yahoo address, my domain automodelli.com.ar is considered spoofed one for some ISPs!)

-Dario.

Juan ALZAGA
17-03-08, 10:33
Hi Dario,
DO you have any idea of the shipping costs involved as well as the expenses for clearing these goods through customs in ARG? I believe it would be better to manage/discuss the costs from the very beggining so as to avoid any inconveniences when the whole biz is already running.

jimnielsen
17-03-08, 10:58
What is the difference between the two possible types of "kits"?

Can they ship direct to Australia?

Jimn~

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 11:17
Right, time for an update, apologies Dario if I'm treading on your toes doing this.

The 2 types of kit are as follows

(Click for full details)

Street kit (http://www.d2racingsport.com/type-street.htm)

http://www.d2racingsport.com/images/products/type/street_b.jpg

Asphalt Rally (http://www.d2racingsport.com/type-asp.htm)

http://www.d2racingsport.com/images/products/type/asp_b.jpg

Due to the instability of the US dollar, we will now be charged in € and the prices are

Street => €375 + local taxes

Asphalt Rally => €443 + Local taxes

Postage costs will be for 3 sets to South America => €557
Postage costs for 7 sets to Europe will be => €653

Jim - I'm sure they will be able to send a set directly to you, cost wise I'm unsure, but probably somewhere in the region of €100-150

These postage costs are for the sets to reach the continent, after that they will need re-distributing to the individuals.

So for a street set to Argentina it will be €375+taxes + €185 postage from Taiwan + re-distribution

And a set to Europe will be €375+taxes + €93 postage from Taiwan + redistribution

Any more questions just ask!

So how do people feel about all of this?

With regards to taxes, as the kits will be coming from outside of the EU / Argentina I guess the Tax will be payable to the courier/delivery service on delivery, and will be VAT rated - 19.6% for France.

Xti
17-03-08, 15:04
I would go for the RALLY ASPHALT kit, I think it is worth the 68 EUR difference, isn't it?

I hope the 10 sets must not be all the same (10x Rally Asphalt or 10x Street)...

Good luck,
Chris.

alfista_AR
17-03-08, 17:07
I would go for the RALLY ASPHALT kit, I think it is worth the 68 EUR difference, isn't it?

I hope the 10 sets must not be all the same (10x Rally Asphalt or 10x Street)...

Good luck,
Chris.

Thank you Steve for your hints regarding the different types of suspensions.
As mentioned by Steve, these are the estimated prices for shipping and handling, the bad news for Us,(Argentinian guys) is the new EUR prices.

Anyway Juan, Matias I'm evaluating the possibility to ship via Miami forwarder, contact me of thread if you're interested.

-Dario.

mindus
17-03-08, 18:37
I will go for Street kit.

Could you ask if D2 would include camber plates with a street kit.

Thanx,
M.

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 21:57

Good luck,
Chris.

From the emails from D2 I think it will be ok to mix between Street and Rally just so long as we get 10 orders, but I'll confirm that with D2

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 21:59
I will go for Street kit.

Could you ask if D2 would include camber plates with a street kit.

Thanx,
M.

I think that they should be able to supply the camber plate with the street kit, price wise I think it would be about the same as the rally kit.

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 22:02
Just to keep up to date with what is going on

Alfista_AR - Dario
XTI - Chris Asphalt Rally
Steve Webb Asphalt Rally
Jim Nielsen
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)
Mindus Street kit

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 22:03
I'll send out a mail to all users to catch anyone who hasn't seen this post yet.

Steve Webb
17-03-08, 22:24
Also, could you all publicize this thread on any other forums or boards that you may visit. I don't tend to get out much these days :redface:

AlfaJack
17-03-08, 22:31
Also, could you all publicize this thread on any other forums or boards that you may visit. I don't tend to get out much these days :redface:

I placed it on alfa155.org :D

j1v
17-03-08, 23:42
Alfista_AR - Dario
XTI - Chris
Steve Webb
Jim Nielsen
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)
J1v

So thats 6 definites and 2 possibles.

I haven't even read the hole topic, but at this price, the list should look like above :)

Btw, someone mentioned Ksport, my racetrack car is equipped with these, and it's a great track suspension.

jimnielsen
18-03-08, 00:04
I want the Asphalt Rally version as well please. Is this solution for the front suspension only?

Thanks, JimN~

Q4Jan
18-03-08, 00:08
I like to be on the list to. :deal:

I only have one question. My left rear suspension is a little of track. (Toe in on one side and this is not adjustable with normal Q4 suspension.) (I once bumped the left rear wheel on a curve and had most parts changed to new onces, except the fixation on the car were the onces slightly bend. Not the replaced parts... :cry: )

Will any of these 2 sets make it possible to adjust this?

I think i opt for the rally asphalt version as the small price difference makes for a much more complete package.

I have a widebody Q4, i think they share the same suspension parts, but would like to know for sure. Suspension arms on the rear (draagarmen in dutch) are different as smallbody ones do not fit my widebody car.
Jan.

alfista_AR
18-03-08, 01:48
I haven't even read the hole topic, but at this price, the list should look like above :)

Btw, someone mentioned Ksport, my racetrack car is equipped with these, and it's a great track suspension.

Wooohaaa!!!

With J1v we reach 10!!!
Now is a matter of money only ;-)

I'm glad to see that all the efforts give Us a happy end!
-Dario.

Xti
18-03-08, 05:42
I have a widebody Q4, i think they share the same suspension parts, but would like to know for sure. Suspension arms on the rear (draagarmen in dutch) are different as smallbody ones do not fit my widebody car.
Jan.

Mine is wydebody too and before sending the order we must be sure it fits. Do you guys know something sure about this aspect? And how many Q4s from the list are WB? Many thanks for any infos.

Cheers,
Chris.

Stuntz
18-03-08, 07:24
WB q4 is only other back doors back panels and front wheel arches and a 2.1 steering rack. Or is there something i dont know about?

Brul(tm)
18-03-08, 08:20
I have a widebody Q4, i think they share the same suspension parts, but would like to know for sure.

Yes, they do. This is not a problem at all.

@Steve, I replied on your email notification with questions. I'll wait for this moment to make the decision, but would opt for the rally asphalt.
So for now it's a maybe for me. The Q4 is a wonderful car to drive, but it also has a mind of it's own and might cause some challenges fitting the suspension kit.

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 08:45
The Q4 is a wonderful car to drive, but it also has a mind of it's own and might cause some challenges fitting the suspension kit.

Marc, that is one hell of a truthful quote.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 08:54

Alfista_AR - Dario
Steve Webb Asphalt Rally
Jim Nielsen Asphalt Rally
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
Mindus Street kit
j1v
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally
Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)
Brul(tm) (possible)

So that looks like 9 definite and 3 possible. And I had been mailed by a couple of people who are also considering at the moment.

Next question is can we get a list together of where (country) everyone is. As for the european part of the order, I guess the sensible option would be to get the suspension shipped to the EU country with the lowest import taxation. As once it is in the EU there shouldn't be any more tax to pay.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 09:11
I want the Asphalt Rally version as well please. Is this solution for the front suspension only?

Thanks, JimN~

No, i think this is a full (front and rear) kit, but will check this out for you.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 09:13
I only have one question. My left rear suspension is a little of track. (Toe in on one side and this is not adjustable with normal Q4 suspension.) (I once bumped the left rear wheel on a curve and had most parts changed to new onces, except the fixation on the car were the onces slightly bend. Not the replaced parts... :cry: )

Will any of these 2 sets make it possible to adjust this?
Jan.

Nope these kits won't fix the extra toe-in you have at the rear, from the sound of it , you will need to get the mounting points for the rear suspension/subframe straightened and maybe strengthened.

Steve

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 09:16
Just for everyones peace of mind on the fitting of this kit, the coilover kit from D2 will be customised directly onto a 155 Q4 that is in Taiwan, so there should be no problems with it fitting.

:smile:

K.Kotkas
18-03-08, 09:54
we have 10. Count me in guys. for Street. Where do I sign and when is it due ? Shipping to estonia would be nice but UK is also ok.

j1v
18-03-08, 09:56
Sorry if it has been written, what are te diffs between street/rallye ???

Brul(tm)
18-03-08, 09:57
As once it is in the EU there shouldn't be any more tax to pay.

I am one of the mailers with a couple of questions :tongue2:
So i'll first wait for the anwser before i make a decision.
I might even drive over Steve and pick the sus[pension kit up in France (if this w'll be the address where the suspension kits are shipped to) It's only 999 KM from my front dore to the center of Bergerac :smoke:

But lest sort things out first and await the anwser of D2.
The rally asphalt is an option for me :rolleyes:

Greetings,
Marc

Brul(tm)
18-03-08, 09:59
Just for everyones peace of mind on the fitting of this kit, the coilover kit from D2 will be customised directly onto a 155 Q4 that is in Taiwan, so there should be no problems with it fitting.

This is very good news :cool: This way there will be no surprises when the kits are delevired :smile:

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 10:16

Alfista_AR - Dario
Steve Webb Asphalt Rally
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
Mindus Street kit
j1v
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally
K.Kotkas Street kit

Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)
Brul(tm) (possible)

So that looks like 10 definite with 3 possible. Looking good for getting this sorted pretty soon.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 10:18
Sorry if it has been written, what are te diffs between street/rallye ???

No problem, this is the Street kit Clicky (http://www.d2racingsport.com/type-street.htm)

And here is the Rally Asphalt kit Clicky (http://www.d2racingsport.com/type-asp.htm)

Anymore questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Xti
18-03-08, 10:29
Should we ask D2 Racing if using the Rally Asphalt kit onto a street car might affect in a way or another the suspension ? Will it work properly? I see most of us will go for the Rally Asphalt kit...

Thanks guys,
Chris.

andreaaa72
18-03-08, 10:51
Good morning at all
sorry for my english but I don't speak english very well.
I see the email about the D2 suspension and I have some questions:
1) I see on the D2 catalogue but I don't find the Q4 model. Is this kit a special kit for this forum?
2) The costs are for a complete kit (front and rear)?
3) I'm preparing the car for the tuning manifestation. Which is the best kit for this use?
4) How is it comes managed the order?

Thanks a lot
Andrea

RMB-Racing
18-03-08, 11:23
Count me in for the Asphalt rally version!

And before we make a complete order, I think it will be wise to have complete check on the shipping cost.

We got to have complete control of the sipping cost to Argentina and Europe, before we make our final order.

But anyway - im in for the rally version! :tasty:

Michael_kal
18-03-08, 12:13
Hello,
count me in for the Asphalt rally version.
I'm from germany. so please let me know how to get the parts, how to pay for.
Please mail at
michael.kaletsch@contiautomotive.com
Regards Michael

Q4Jan
18-03-08, 16:34
Nope these kits won't fix the extra toe-in you have at the rear, from the sound of it , you will need to get the mounting points for the rear suspension/subframe straightened and maybe strengthened.

Steve
Thanks, was afraid of that.

Xti
18-03-08, 17:24
Good morning at all
sorry for my english but I don't speak english very well.
I see the email about the D2 suspension and I have some questions:
1) I see on the D2 catalogue but I don't find the Q4 model. Is this kit a special kit for this forum?
2) The costs are for a complete kit (front and rear)?
3) I'm preparing the car for the tuning manifestation. Which is the best kit for this use?
4) How is it comes managed the order?

Thanks a lot
Andrea

Hi, Andrea!

1) This is a 155Q4 suspension kit customized at Berlina Sportivo request;
2) Yes, the kit includes front and rear parts so that is reflected in the price (don't forget about the extra costs- see above);
3) The proper kit for tunning is up to you I think, you must know exactly what your request/expectation is;
4) Soon we'll have cleared that too, stay stick;

Maybe you'll have more complete infos reading the whole thread.

Cheers,
Chris.

andreaaa72
18-03-08, 17:50
Hi, Andrea!

1) This is a 155Q4 suspension kit customized at Berlina Sportivo request;
2) Yes, the kit includes front and rear parts so that is reflected in the price (don't forget about the extra costs- see above);
3) The proper kit for tunning is up to you I think, you must know exactly what your request/expectation is;
4) Soon we'll have cleared that too, stay stick;

Maybe you'll have more complete infos reading the whole thread.

Cheers,
Chris.

So if I have understood correctly the total amount for the Rally Asphalt kit is 435,00? and the shipment costs in Italy is 93,00?. Is it correctly?

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 18:46
So if I have understood correctly the total amount for the Rally Asphalt kit is 435,00? and the shipment costs in Italy is 93,00?. Is it correctly?

Andrea, and everyone else, I'm looking into the total prices now, but it will be ?443 + import duty + Vat + postage from Taiwan to (probably) France + Postage from France to you the customer.

With regards to the VAT and Import duty, I'm not sure what the import duty is (if it is indeed payable) but the VAT due will be 19.6% which will make the kit for all EU countries be at least ?530

I'm still looking into the whole import duty issue.

I am also looking into the postage from France to other EU countries.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 22:25
At the moment from what i can make out, and for example

The cost of the the Asphalt Rally kit ?443, import duty will be somewhere around 5%, making a subtotal of ?465.15 , onto which Vat will be due, which coming into France makes a total for the kits of ?556

Onto that there will be the postage.

On all the other points I am still waiting for answers from D2

j1v
18-03-08, 22:29
I think you will pay VAT and import taxes on the total (cost + shipping) * Taxes * VAT so make sure the calculations are correct ;)

Also, I would possibly like to receive my own kit directly to Bulgaria

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 22:30
I am one of the mailers with a couple of questions :tongue2:
So i'll first wait for the anwser before i make a decision.
I might even drive over Steve and pick the sus[pension kit up in France (if this w'll be the address where the suspension kits are shipped to) It's only 999 KM from my front dore to the center of Bergerac :smoke:

But lest sort things out first and await the anwser of D2.
The rally asphalt is an option for me :rolleyes:

Greetings,
Marc

Marc. if you want to come down and pick the kit up when it arrives, you are more than welcome to visit for a couple of days. That goes for anyone else who fancies a road trip to France to pick up the goodies.

Steve Webb
18-03-08, 22:34
I think you will pay VAT and import taxes on the total (cost + shipping) * Taxes * VAT so make sure the calculations are correct ;)

Also, I would possibly like to receive my own kit directly to Bulgaria

I'll check on the prices for shipping directly to you, but if you do it this way you will pay all the taxes (import + Vat) to the shipping agent, FedEx, when the package is delivered to you.

j1v
18-03-08, 23:19
I'll check on the prices for shipping directly to you, but if you do it this way you will pay all the taxes (import + Vat) to the shipping agent, FedEx, when the package is delivered to you.

The taxes and VAT here are the same as in France

pitucas
19-03-08, 00:36
Hi there

Count me in! I want the rally ones...

I'm from Portugal!

For what i've read this is a complete set(front and rear).

My Q4 is a 1993 one - narrowbody - with an electronic suspension! Is this kit a rigth fit to this car?

What is the cost to ship it to Portugal (from France)?

And many thanks to you all for the effort!

jimnielsen
19-03-08, 01:10
Steve, how are we going to pay, who and when. I'd like my kit to ship direct to Australia if possible.

jimn~

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 07:30

Steve Webb Asphalt Rally
Pitucas Asphalt Rally
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally

K.Kotkas Street kit
Mindus Street kit

Alfista_AR - Dario
RMB-Racing - Ronnie
j1v

Juan ALZAGA (possible)
ecl (possible)
Brul(tm) (possible)

Any chance the people without a kit type next to their names could let me know which kit they will be requiring?

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 07:32
Hi there

Count me in! I want the rally ones...

I'm from Portugal!

For what i've read this is a complete set(front and rear).

My Q4 is a 1993 one - narrowbody - with an electronic suspension! Is this kit a rigth fit to this car?

What is the cost to ship it to Portugal (from France)?

And many thanks to you all for the effort!

Yes this kit will fit your car with the electronic suspension, it is a complete front and rear kit, and I am just waiting for D2 to let me know the weight of an individual kit so I can work out the price of onward shipping to Portugal and elsewhere within the EU/Europe.

Steve

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 07:37
Steve, how are we going to pay, who and when. I'd like my kit to ship direct to Australia if possible.

jimn~

Seeing as you are probably the closest person to Taiwan, of course it will be easiest to get your kit shipped directly to you.
I think D2 were working on the premise of producing an invoice for each delivery address, so you will probably end up having to contact D2 with your credit card / bank details on your own.

We are working on the idea that it is easier and cheaper to ship the kits in bulk to their respective continents then redistribute them there.

Brul(tm)
19-03-08, 07:53
Brul(tm) (possible)

Any chance the people without a kit type next to their names could let me know which kit they will be requiring?

As mentioned in my mail to you, i would like to go for an other set the two we're talking about right now. I believe you're waiting for an anwser from D2 on this question. If this is not possible I might go for the asphalt rally kit.

Greetings,
Marc

j1v
19-03-08, 08:43
j1v - Asphalt Rally Any chance the people without a kit type next to their names could let me know which kit they will be requiring?

:)

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 08:53

XTI - Chris Asphalt Rally EU
Steve Webb Asphalt Rally EU
Jim Nielsen Asphalt Rally Aus
Pitucas Asphalt Rally EU
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally EU
j1v Asphalt Rally EU
Michael_kal Asphalt Rally EU

K.Kotkas Street kit EU
Mindus Street kit EU

Alfista_AR - Dario Arg
RMB-Racing - Ronnie EU
Matias Arg

Juan ALZAGA (possible) Arg
ecl (possible) EU
Brul(tm) (possible) EU

Juan ALZAGA
19-03-08, 11:51
Juan ALZAGA > Asphalt Rally
(still awaiting news on final costs and how payment and delivery will be organized)

Ditlev
19-03-08, 12:31
I am seriously considering investing in a Street Kit, so if you could please put me on the possible list. I am from EU (DK)..

Also awaiting final cost price..

ecl
19-03-08, 14:36
the norwegian want the asphalt rally kit:)

ecl = asphalt rally

K.Kotkas
19-03-08, 20:17
boys, change my order to asphalt rally, since the street kit does not have: "3D pillowball upper mount for your options, camber and caster can be adjusted."

This is a must have, didn't notice it before.

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 20:55
Latest update

Pitucas Asphalt Rally EU
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally EU
j1v Asphalt Rally EU
K.Kotkas Asphalt Rally EU
RMB-Racing - Ronnie Asphalt Rally EU

Mindus Street kit EU

Alfista_AR - Dario Arg
Matias Arg

Juan ALZAGA (possible) Asphalt Rally Arg
ecl (possible) Asphalt Rally EU
Brul(tm) (possible) EU
Ditlev (possible) Street Kit EU

I am still waiting for a couple of answers from D2 including advice on the import duty, after that we will be about ready to go.

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 20:58
Juan ALZAGA > Asphalt Rally
(still awaiting news on final costs and how payment and delivery will be organized)

Juan, not sure how Darios wants to sort out the payment for you guys in Argentina, and the final price will depend on how Argentina deals with import duty and VAT or equivalent.

For deilivery I think we are working on the premise of having a number of kits shipped from Taiwan to Argentina in bulk , then distributed amongst you guys over there.

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 20:59
I am seriously considering investing in a Street Kit, so if you could please put me on the possible list. I am from EU (DK)..

Also awaiting final cost price..

You are now on the possible list.

Steve Webb
19-03-08, 21:01
the norwegian want the asphalt rally kit:)

ecl = asphalt rally

Hi, it has been noted, are you a possible or definite? And do you know if there will be a problem shipping the kit from France (EU) to Norway (non-EU)?

Cheers

RMB-Racing
19-03-08, 21:53
Hey Steve

I have already previous written, that I want the rally version!

mindus
20-03-08, 07:19
Steve, please change my order to asphalt rally, i want those camber/caster adjustment plates :)
Thanx

q4fatboy
20-03-08, 11:54
Steve, got permission from she who must be obeyed, please put me down for an Asphalt Rally set.

Cheers

Brul(tm)
20-03-08, 12:05
Steve, got permission from she who must be obeyed

Congratulations with your victory? :confused:
:biggrin:

Luckely I have a different kind of problem, she likes Alfa's like I do :eek:
That's also not helping every time :doh:

Greetings,
Marc

pavs
20-03-08, 12:29
put me down as a possible as an asphalt rally must speak nicely to the wife but after the swing arm I'm not sure?

When do you need a definite yes or no by?

Steve Webb
20-03-08, 19:22
Latest update 20th March

Pitucas Asphalt Rally EU
Q4Jan Asphalt Rally EU
j1v Asphalt Rally EU
K.Kotkas Asphalt Rally EU
RMB-Racing - Ronnie Asphalt Rally EU
Mindus Asphalt Rally EU
q4fatboy Asphalt Rally EU

Alfista_AR - Dario Arg
Matias Arg

Juan ALZAGA (possible) Asphalt Rally Arg
ecl (possible) Asphalt Rally EU
Brul(tm) (possible) EU
Ditlev (possible) Street Kit EU
Pavs (possible) Asphalt Rally EU
Paul Weatherly (possible) Asphalt Rally x2

UPDATE ON PRICES.

Right this one is for all the guys in the EU, I have been trawling the HMRC site and various EU sites for details of import duty, and as far as I can see the price for the kit and shipping to the EU + all relevent taxes is going to be ?689.

That price is to get the kit to a central point in the EU. The kits will then need to be distributed throughout the EU.

D2 are saying that they cannot ship individually throughout the EU because of their dealer network (not sure i fully understand the explanation), and they don't want to start dealing directly with individuals.

What I am putting forward, is that those of you who want to go forward with the order pay the full amount to get the kit, and get it to the central point. Then once the kits are manufactured and have arrived, there will be a final payment for the shipping within europe.

As for payment, I was thinking along the lines of a)Euro cheque. b)direct bank transfer c)Paypal, but there would need to be a surcharge for paypals charges.

So how does all that sound to people? Anyone have any major issues?

mindus
20-03-08, 20:03
Sounds OK with me.
payment - i'd prefer option b) or c)

K.Kotkas
20-03-08, 22:56
paypal is oke, nice to put it on credit and delay the actual payment date :D

Brul(tm)
20-03-08, 23:33

Sounds great Steve, no problem at all. All I need is a complete bank account and the IBAn/BIC number, for an easy and free transfer.

By any chance heard something about the option to choose a different kit?

Greetings,
Marc

Q4Jan
21-03-08, 04:15
Iban/Bic is alright for me steve.
And if brul is driving to france, maybe he can put my set in the boot? :tapedshut:

Shipping would be alright also, no problems here, glad this is being made possible! :cool:
(Had enough of my yellow koni's. They are better than stock, but not by much.)

Getting curious about what marc is looking for. (It isn't track racing now is it, or should he dare to go for super-racing...... :tongue2: )

Xti
21-03-08, 08:16
As for payment, I was thinking along the lines of a)Euro cheque. b)direct bank transfer c)Paypal, but there would need to be a surcharge for paypals charges.

I would go for option b), just need your IBAN/SWIFT number. Besides this no problems at all.

Thanks alot, Steve.

Cheers,
Chris.

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 08:47
or should he dare to go for super-racing...... :tongue2: )

:funnypost:

:smoke:
But in the end it all depends on the price :tongue2:

Greetings,
Marc

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 09:16
Steve - great work!

I?m in on option B. And I count on, that you will provide us whit all the relevant informations about the payment?!! Or D2 will...

I will suggest, that the total shipment for us EU guys, should be shipped to you Steve! :smile:

And then you will send the kits trough out the rest of EU.

What do you say about that Steve? Does that sounds okay for you?

Steve Webb
21-03-08, 10:56
Guys, as i have touched on before, D2 have a little issue with regards to shipping direct to customers in markets where they already have a distributer. The way they are suggesting getting around this is to have it branded differently.

I have suggested to D2 that if this is the case, can we have the suspension branded up as 'BerlinaSportivo' suspension.

How does everyone feel about this?

jimnielsen
21-03-08, 11:21
fine by me!

jimn~

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 12:00
I have suggested to D2 that if this is the case, can we have the suspension branded up as 'BerlinaSportivo' suspension.

I don't like branding :tapedshut: Maybe a sticker or badge for those who would like to?

Greetings,
Marc

Michael_kal
21-03-08, 12:16
Hello,
payment via bank acount is ok for me, as well the "berlinaSportivo" Branding! Does it affect the guarantee of the parts in any way?
Regards Michael

Xti
21-03-08, 13:38
...the suspension branded up as 'BerlinaSportivo' suspension.

How does everyone feel about this?

Sorry...
I'm not quite sure what "branded" means in this particulary case. Is that something applied directly onto the suspension's parts (shocks, etc)? I see Brul said something about stickers/badges. Sorry if I am misunderstanding this.

Regards,
Chris.

mindus
21-03-08, 13:55
Guys, as i have touched on before, D2 have a little issue with regards to shipping direct to customers in markets where they already have a distributer.

Do I understand correct that if there is a D2 distributor, say in Lithuania (actually they do have partners here), they can ship a kit directly to Lithuania? That would be perfect and you, Steve, would have to put less efforts in redistributing the kits...

Brandig - it would be nice to have a "BerlinaSportivo" branded kit.

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 14:48
I see Brul said something about stickers/badges.

I meant it as an alternative for branding. This way, everybody can decide for themself what they want to do.

Also when the suspension kit is fitted under the car, nobody but you or/and the technician who services the car will notice the up rated suspension kit ;) A sticker or badge can be easily fitted somewhere on the car as token of appreciation. But that are my thoughts about this subject.

Greetings,
Marc

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 18:04
I think it would be cool with a suspension kit whit a very unique and special name, just for us!

Very cool! :cool:

Lets do so....

But again, if there is dealers in any of our countries, it would very much easier to get it shipped the kit there.

But that we can investigate ourselfs...

Steve Webb
21-03-08, 19:39
I meant it as an alternative for branding. This way, everybody can decide for themself what they want to do.

Also when the suspension kit is fitted under the car, nobody but you or/and the technician who services the car will notice the up rated suspension kit ;) A sticker or badge can be easily fitted somewhere on the car as token of appreciation. But that are my thoughts about this subject.

Greetings,
Marc

Very good point there Marc, I'm still waiting for a reply back from D2, but I'll check to make sure that they can supply the kits completely unbranded.

Then maybe design/produce a small sticker along the lines of "Sprung by BerlinaSportivo" or something similar (I'm crap at tag lines)

Steve Webb
21-03-08, 19:43
I think it would be cool with a suspension kit whit a very unique and special name, just for us!

Very cool! :cool:

Lets do so....

But again, if there is dealers in any of our countries, it would very much easier to get it shipped the kit there.

But that we can investigate ourselfs...

Hi Ronnie, yes it would be easier if we could order the kits through their dealer network, but I don't think it would be cheaper. In the UK the D2 kits for the 147/156 retail at ?750 or ?960 + postage, whereas we are looking at a price of ?690 + postage. The postage I'm quoting there is from France to where ever in Europe.

So by doing it this way we are saving @ ?270 per kit. :smoke:

This is before getting into the problems of sorting out the minimum order stuff.

Brul(tm)
21-03-08, 19:50
(I'm crap at tag lines)

You don't have to do this alone, we can help ;)
Maybe a different topic where everybody can leave their ideas? Mayby someone among us is good in graphics and can help?
Just a tought ;)

Greetings,
Marc

RMB-Racing
21-03-08, 20:09
Hi Ronnie, yes it would be easier if we could order the kits through their dealer network, but I don't think it would be cheaper. In the UK the D2 kits for the 147/156 retail at ?750 or ?960 + postage, whereas we are looking at a price of ?690 + postage. The postage I'm quoting there is from France to where ever in Europe.

So by doing it this way we are saving @ ?270 per kit. :smoke:

This is before getting into the problems of sorting out the minimum order stuff.

Ok - so its final then. No shipment to locals dealers.

What do you think about my idea to ship to you the hole EU order to you???

Q4Jan
22-03-08, 04:29
So this is a cheaper suspension as the same part deliverd by a middle-man and we can choose the name of it. Cool!:cool:

How about Cue4Shocks.
(Q4shocks....)

You can add some dodgy lightning graphix if you like. :tongue2:

But if they have to call it apples&oranges i still want them. :biggrin:

T M Oren
22-03-08, 07:07
Is there any TUV papers ?

RMB-Racing
22-03-08, 12:17

Don't count on it!

Its a Taiwan product, and I don't think that they will go after a German T?V approval, when they ship to the hole world.

T M Oren
22-03-08, 16:05
Ok.

pavs
22-03-08, 16:59
I'm out!

I'm going to save for a respray in the summer:redface:

WhizzMan
23-03-08, 14:04
Brul(TM) pointed me to this thread. :tasty: depending on wether I buy the car I've got an eye on, I'd like to be put on the "possible" list for the asphalt rally version.

AlfaJack
23-03-08, 15:31
Welcome to the forum WhizzMan :D

Steve Webb
24-03-08, 09:01
Right guys, just a small update for you, but possibly quite an important one,

D2 have come back and queried all the Asphalt rally kits. They feel that this kit is just too hard/harsh for any street use. And for people who use the car on the road and sometimes go out on track, the Street kit is far better.

So the question is, are people going for the Rally Asphalt kit for the adjustable top mount? And would you be interested in the Street kit with the adjustable top mount?

I know that there are a couple of people who only use the cars on track so obviously the Rally kit is still the best option for those.

If you could all let me know your thoughts please.

Steve

j1v
24-03-08, 09:03
I do have my konis and std springs, so yes, definatelly I want the rally kit ;-)

jimnielsen
24-03-08, 10:08
mine is just for track use, so I definitely want the Asphalt / Rally kit. Thanks

jimn~

Brul(tm)
24-03-08, 11:21
D2 have come back and queried all the Asphalt rally kits. They feel that this kit is just too hard/harsh for any street use.

I don't want the kit to seek any comfort, i seek better handling :rolleyes:
Don't know the difference with the yellow Koni shocks, but if I push on the front fender, I can't push the car down. It's that stiff.....practicaly no movement.
So I expect the same kind of handling and/or adjustment possibilities.
So I still opt for the rally asphalt kit :cool:

Steve, any news on the super racing question?

Greetings,
Marc

j1v
24-03-08, 12:13
I don't want the kit to seek any comfort, i seek better handling :rolleyes:
Don't know the difference with the yellow Koni shocks, but if I push on the front fender, I can't push the car down. It's that stiff.....practicaly no movement.
So I expect the same kind of handling and/or adjustment possibilities.
So I still opt for the rally asphalt kit :cool:

Steve, any news on the super racing question?

Greetings,
Marc

Believe me they will be a lot harder than koni yellows on standart springs. And it's not only about comfort, if you plan to drive the car on uneven roads the handling with the rallye/asflat coilovers will be worse than koni/std springs

I'm saying this because I have a lot of experience with both konis and k-sport (i suppose they are the same as d2, will not be surprised if they are made in the same factory) coilovers on my other car

Xti
24-03-08, 13:21
I got the same answer from D2 when asked if the Rally Asphalt kit will be affected in some way by using it mostly on the street:(From: "Helen" <helen@d2racingsport.com>) Add sender to ContactsTo:

"I would like to let you know, if this suspension you will use daily, and sometimes use in Rally Asphalt, I do recommend that you can purchase street type.Because Rally Asphalt will more hardner and seat unconform than Street use, in addition to stabilized the vehicle, it absorb the bumps caused by the uneven roads. If you would like to use Rally Asphalt type in Street, it will too hard.If you are not use in raicng, I do recommend you can choose our steet type, thanks."

I'm not after confort at all, realy, but if the Rally Asphalt shocks don't absorb the bumps of an uneven road I think that could mean lack of adherence. I'd like the Rallyes but when it comes to safety... What do you think guys, will the Rally Asphalt kit work properly on the street? Cause if not, I'll take the Street kit. Thank you.

Regards, Chris.

WhizzMan
24-03-08, 17:50
I've got stiffer springs and koni yellow on my current 155 (2.0 16V atmospheric) and I still hit the end of the suspension-travel easily when I drive it for daily commuting (I admit, I have been known to not always obey to the speed limit exactly). The car I'm hoping to buy and put this suspension on has to do better, it already has bilstein B6 (much nicer than koni) in the rear but I'm looking for optimal track performance. If the super kit Brul asking about is within my budget I might even go for that, I like the option to tune the inbound suspension on my motorcycle a lot and I would like to see that on my "play" car too. I think it's more than fair from D2 to warn people that this kit is not for kids wanting to make their family saloon like a BMW, but that the suspension actually is for optimal power-to-the-road on relatively flat surfaces. However, this all being people driving a 155 Q4, I'm sure everyone knows what he/she is asking for. The car I'm planning to bolt this onto is for track and asphalt-touring usage, not to transport little children and groceries.

Q4Jan
24-03-08, 19:49
I will go for the street version than, with the adjustable top mount.
I use my Q4 for transporting the family. (Baby seat in the back.)
For track stuff i got the S2000.

I just thought the rally was more value for money, but if they are to stiff they won't do for me.

Jan.

155q4-dk
24-03-08, 19:50
Count me in for a street version, with the adjustable top mount.

Svend Lottrup, Denmark

Brul(tm)
24-03-08, 20:23
Believe me they will be a lot harder than koni yellows on standart springs.
I don't have standard springs ;)

And yes, I know a bad road will be worse. I experience this already.
But the Q4 is just for fun now days, so I still think the rally asphalt is the set to go for me (dpending if the super racing is an option/payable). I don't even have room for more than one passenger :biggrin:

Greetings,
Marc

q4fatboy
25-03-08, 06:28
Looks like the street version with adjustable top mount would suit me better too, the car does get used on track but is also an everyday commute. If the adjustable mount is not an option I will probably still go for the street kit. Please amend order accordingly.

Please confirm any price amendments

As far as payment is concerned b or c are fine with me.

mindus
25-03-08, 09:10
I would go for a street version with the adjustable top mount, I use the car as a daily driving car.

RMB-Racing
25-03-08, 21:52
No question about it - I want the Rally version! :cool:

K.Kotkas
26-03-08, 09:36
Markko Martin edition to me please. e ups. I meant rally asphalt ...

Steve Webb
26-03-08, 09:49
Hi Guys, just to let you know I am still keeping on top of all of this, and will be finalizing everything and demanding money soon.

Steve

Brul(tm)
26-03-08, 09:59
Hi Guys, just to let you know I am still keeping on top of all of this, and will be finalizing everything and demanding money soon.Steve

Does this mean you have an anwser from D2 about my question?
I would like to know what decission I must make.

Greetings,
Marc

Xti
26-03-08, 21:31
Rally Asphalt for my Q4. Definite.

Edit: I retract this, see changes forward. Thank you.

Cheers,
Chris.

Steve Webb
26-03-08, 22:01
Does this mean you have an anwser from D2 about my question?
I would like to know what decission I must make.

Greetings,
Marc

That, along with 1 other thing is all I am waiting for from D2 now. As soon as I get that answer for you we will be ready to order and pay.

Steve Webb
26-03-08, 22:25
Right, I have heard back from D2 after sending some pictures through of our std suspension,and their techie guy , as far as I can make out, says that the Rally kit will need to be of the inverted design, as such it will be constructed with 55mm struts. As such the price for the Rally kit will be ?498 + taxes and shipping not ?443 as quoted before.

The Street kit will still be ?375 + taxes and shipping. Also including adjustable camber.

I have just asked for full confirmation on all of this though.

Brul(tm)
26-03-08, 23:28
As such the price for the Rally kit will be ?498 + taxes and shipping not ?443 as quoted before.

That is still a bargain, so depending on the anwser from D2 and my thoughts I am still in :cool:

Greetings,
Marc

q4fatboy
27-03-08, 06:26
Still sounds a good deal, street kit with adjustable camber will meet all my needs, let me know how much, when and where you want the funds transferred to.

cuore_sportivo_155
27-03-08, 11:40
Found something to complement the asphalt rally kit for the die hard racers... Jim, here's one for you...

http://www.madeno.nl/parts/P590-l.jpg

this replaces the rubber in the wishys, so no more flexing... Not for road use though...

markgq4
27-03-08, 12:44
At the moment i am very poor.

but I would still be very interested in a kit,
I would prefer the ashpalt kit
as my car rarely gets used on the road anymore...

mindus
27-03-08, 14:08
I will go for the Street kit including adjustable camber.
Thanx for the info.

Xti
28-03-08, 07:05
Found something to complement the asphalt rally kit for the die hard racers... Jim, here's one for you...

http://www.madeno.nl/parts/P590-l.jpg

this replaces the rubber in the wishys, so no more flexing... Not for road use though...

This one really makes me have a second thought. Not so sure anymore about Rally Asphalt kit if it is so much hardened. The roads here are pretty far of being smooth.

In adition to that I can't say I'm impressed they have raised the price for this type (and its not necesarely about the money...). Besides, I was thinking at a bonus price for us if we will order more than 10 kits but it's just a thought of mine. What do you guys think, it would be too much to ask? In the end D2 needs our money too. Don't hesitate to comment upon my point of view please. Thank you.

Cheers,
Chris.

Stuntz
28-03-08, 07:15
I didnt want to comment because i wont order it. I had worked in a rally team whit proflex suspenison for asfalt My active suspension is to hard for me but that asfalt rally suspension on the rally car is back brakeing! And bisides you wont get rid of body roll whit only the supsension i personaly would opt for the street kit.

Xti
28-03-08, 09:27
Hi, Stuntz (sorry I don't know your name)!
Thank you very much for your advise which I appreciate and I'll surely reckon with it before make the final choice.

Regards,
Chris.

Stuntz
28-03-08, 09:59
My name is Klemen

and really i think you should listen to D2 if they say it will be to hard it will be har .I hated the impreza when i had to drive it to inspection trough normal roads it rattled my spine completly . I think that asfalt kit is really only for track or realy nutcase driveing betwean traffic if you wan to.

Also when i set up impreza i made it hard as hell the driver liked gave h im feeling he is really fast but times showed he was slower .When head mechanic set it( and kikcked my as being ignorant :) ) much much more softer but hardend the sway bars the car felt slower but was substantialy faster.

Ps if my posts are a bit disoriented i am sorry i am dislectic so if there is something you dont understand ask and i will try to write it more normaly.

cuore_sportivo_155
28-03-08, 12:16
This one really makes me have a second thought. Not so sure anymore about Rally Asphalt kit if it is so much hardened. The roads here are pretty far of being smooth.

In adition to that I can't say I'm impressed they have raised the price for this type (and its not necesarely about the money...). Besides, I was thinking at a bonus price for us if we will order more than 10 kits but it's just a thought of mine. What do you guys think, it would be too much to ask? In the end D2 needs our money too. Don't hesitate to comment upon my point of view please. Thank you.

Cheers,
Chris.
The above wishbone parts aren't included in the D2 set, but for the ones intending to make the Q4 a track car i feel it is a must....

Xti
28-03-08, 14:52
@Stuntz
Hi, Klemen !
Your posts are very clear to me, thanks again for sharing your experiences to us.

@Cuore_sportivo_155
Thanks for clarify about the wishbone parts. As I must look after the suspension which fits best for road use I'll probably go for the Street kit finaly.

Cheers guys,
Chris.

RMB-Racing
29-03-08, 09:10
After reading these last post, I have reconsidered my choice.

I will go for the streetversion also, with adjustable campers.

This is my final choice!

Thanks for the last few inputs...

ecl
29-03-08, 11:25
hi

i will also change from rally asphalt to street.

so i now want the street kit, with the adjustable top mount.

so street kit for the norwegian - i only get to the track a couple of times a year:D

Xti
29-03-08, 16:54
STREET KIT with adjustable top mount for me too. I'll just wait for the payment instructions.

Cheers,
Chris.

Xti
30-03-08, 23:03

I've found this: http://www.d2racingsport.com/certificate.htm

ps: For who may have not read this yet, thought you might be interested...
http://www.d2racingsport.com/technical.htm

Cheers,
Chris

Steve Webb
31-03-08, 00:31
Thanks for posting up those links Chris.

Just to let everyone know, I'm still trying to get the full answers to everyones questions from D2. Hopefully everything should be ready to go in the coming week.

So to make sure no one is left out I will contact all the interested parties asking for their final decisions. I will then send bank details so we can get the order rolling.
If you are interested, but haven't added your name to this thread somewhere, i suggest you do it sooner rather than later.

Thanks for you patience on this one.

Steve

pitucas
31-03-08, 02:37
Steve, it's a street version for me!

I'm waiting for final price and i'll pay by bank transfer or paypal!

Many thanks

Steve Webb
31-03-08, 10:07
Just found out that the delay in getting a reply from D2, is down to the fact that all the techie guys were out racing last week. They are back in the office now so I should get the final answers soon.

Oh and the time difference isn't helping things.

Xti
31-03-08, 15:12
Thanks for keeping us close to this, Steve.

Regards,
Chris.

Steve Webb
01-04-08, 11:46
I think I have had all the answers from D2, so for everyones info, the final price will be ?595 for the street kit and ?775 for the Rally asphalt kit.

These prices include shipping and duty to import into the EU. Shipping onwards to all of you will be extra, but it should not be all that much. Does anyone have any contacts with DHL/Fedex etc?

There may be a tiny amount of change in these prices, as the final shipping cost from Taiwan -> France will depend on just how many kits are ordered.

Once everyone has decided which kit they want, and I have an invoice back from D2 we will have the exact price. Doing my calculations I have erred on the expensive side, so hopefully the exact cost will be a little less than those quoted above.

Brul(tm)
01-04-08, 12:29
I think I have had all the answers from D2, so for everyones info, the final price will be ?595 for the street kit and ?775 for the Rally asphalt kit.

No problem for me, thank you for all the effort so far:bowdown:
I really appreciate it. :smile:

Does anyone have any contacts with DHL/Fedex etc?

Sorry, have no connections here.

Greetings,
Marc

WhizzMan
01-04-08, 20:28
I'm still hoping to get the car and if I do, I'll still want the rally-asphalt for it.

Regarding the TUV certificate, that's for the ISO 2001 mafacturing process. ISO2001 has nothing to do with road approval but is all about process-description in innovation and production, it's useless if you need TUV approval for aftermarket products on your car. Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but you really need type-specific TUV approval for these. Since it's an new kit, it needs to be homolagated for the 155, every model separately.

WhizzMan
01-04-08, 20:32
Urgh.. disregard this post, my previous one seemed to have dissapeared, now it's back.

mindus
02-04-08, 08:38
I confirm a Street kit order for me (with adjustable top mount).
Wait for the payment details.
Thanx for the great efforts.

Brul(tm)
02-04-08, 22:36
Once everyone has decided which kit they want, and I have an invoice back from D2 we will have the exact price.

Steve, you can put me down for the rally asphalt kit with the adjustable top mounts.
I'll wait for further instructions for payment.

Greetings,
Marc

q4fatboy
03-04-08, 11:36
Many thanks Steve.

I'm in for the street kit with adjustable top mount just let me know the payment details.

WhizzMan
04-04-08, 18:20
Steve, you can put me down for the rally asphalt kit with the adjustable top mounts.
I'll wait for further instructions for payment.

Green light! Me too! Rally Asphalt. :biggrin:

jimnielsen
05-04-08, 03:03
Steve... the rally asphalt kit has adjustable top mounts does it not? Its not an optional extra on this version, correct?

jimn~

Brul(tm)
09-04-08, 18:32
Steve,

Do you have an idea when the order will be given to D2?
My geuss is that everybody who's interested has given his reaction.
Can you let us know what the plan is?

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
09-04-08, 21:51
Hi Marc,

I was just waiting until the end of this week, then locking down this thread, and passing the order onto D2 at the start of next week.

Steve

Brul(tm)
09-04-08, 22:01
I was just waiting until the end of this week, then locking down this thread, and passing the order onto D2 at the start of next week.

That's great news Steve :cool:
Just wondering what the plan was :biggrin:
If possible, can you give a rough planning from D2?

Greetings,
Marc

axaQ42
10-04-08, 07:19
Hi Marc,

Steve

Steve can i ask you a favor??I asked D2 the price for their 6-pot braking system for alfa 155Q4(FRONT 6 POT - 304 x 28 mm...code number of part is AL04...http://www.d2racingsport.com/brake_304.htm) but they won't answer me :/

So could you be so kind and ask them for me?? :)

Xti
10-04-08, 07:48
I asked D2 the price for their 6-pot braking system for alfa 155Q4(FRONT 6 POT - 304 x 28 mm...code number of part is AL04...http://www.d2racingsport.com/brake_304.htm) but they won't answer me :/
:)

They will answer you, maybe not the same day but in 2 or 3 days. I've also asked them about the 8 POT 330mm FRONT kit (http://www.d2racingsport.com/brake_330.htm) and the price for that is 617 EUR (if this might help you). Anyway, stay close to them and you'll get the answer. I will also ask them about the 6POT 304 x 28mm price and I'll let you know about it.

ps:Sorry if it was offtopic.

Cheers,
Chris.

axaQ42
10-04-08, 11:51
They will answer you, maybe not the same day but in 2 or 3 days. I've also asked them about the 8 POT 330mm FRONT kit (http://www.d2racingsport.com/brake_330.htm) and the price for that is 617 EUR (if this might help you). Anyway, stay close to them and you'll get the answer. I will also ask them about the 6POT 304 x 28mm price and I'll let you know about it.

ps:Sorry if it was offtopic.

Cheers,
Chris.

I asked them almost a week ago :) ...If they won't answer i hope at least the will answer you so i can get the info from you...Tnx in advance

P.S.

Sorry for the offtopic

Brul(tm)
10-04-08, 12:59
Sorry for the offtopic

No problem for me :rolleyes:
You pointed me to the 8pot solution from D2 what sounds very interesting when the time is right :cool:
Was planning for Tarox 10-pot, but this is way more value for money :biggrin:

Greetings,
Marc

Steve Webb
11-04-08, 09:05
Getting back on topic. I will be closing this thread soon as we have the required amount of people for the group buy. If you want to order either a Street or Rally Asphalt kit then please let me know as soon as possible.
Hopefully I will submit the order to D2 at the start of next week, and will be asking for the money from the people who want the kits at the end of next week.

Thanks

Steve

j1v
11-04-08, 10:09
so what do we have to do, I haven't really understood, wait ? When and where are we sending money :)

I'm very interested in the D2 brake kits too, as was about to order from XYZ-racing.com

Xti
11-04-08, 11:38
STREET kit with adjustable top mount for me.:tasty:

Greatings,
Chris

WhizzMan
11-04-08, 14:27
No problem for me :rolleyes:
You pointed me to the 8pot solution from D2 what sounds very interesting when the time is right :cool:
Was planning for Tarox 10-pot, but this is way more value for money :biggrin:

Greetings,
Marc

I'm going for the GTA/GTV conversion myself. That would be quite nice combined with the rally asphalt suspension. ;) I have almost all parts required now, just the quick-rack, brake-lines and the discs (plus wheels that will clear the 4-pots) and I'm set.

Back to topic indeed; I definetively want this kit Steve, I believe you already chalked me up for 1 set rally asphalt?

K.Kotkas
11-04-08, 14:46
Just visited a local dealer here in estonia, and look what I found.
http://www.lahe.net/albums/l2bu/DSC00171.jpg

The adjustable top mount
http://www.lahe.net/albums/l2bu/DSC00172.jpg

The overall build quality really feels and looks superbe. Cant wait to recive ours...

RMB-Racing
11-04-08, 15:12
Getting back on topic. I will be closing this thread soon as we have the required amount of people for the group buy. If you want to order either a Street or Rally Asphalt kit then please let me know as soon as possible.
Hopefully I will submit the order to D2 at the start of next week, and will be asking for the money from the people who want the kits at the end of next week.

Thanks

Steve

Street Kit with adjustable camber for me!

Michael_kal
11-04-08, 15:59
street kit with adjustable top mounts for me,

Regards Michael

mindus
11-04-08, 16:53
Confirm, Street kit with adjustable top mount for me,
Thanks

155-tbo
11-04-08, 17:34
Just get mail from Steve and there is something big going on.
I?m really interested of this DS2 suspension, but I need more information about T?V
If they don`t get this mark on their product, I`m out. Because it is impossible pass MOT with DS2. Can someone tell me that they have it or not?
Someone said earlier in this topic that they don`t have it, but I don`t understand all what he says.
I think this is big deal, if you have street car.

If they have T?V-sertificate, I will consider Street type DS2 Suspension.

Brul(tm)
11-04-08, 17:50
but I need more information about T?V

As far as I know, there is NO T?V. This has been asked before somewhere in this topic. To be sure, read the previous pages from this thread.

@Steve": I am still in for the rally asphalt (with the adjustible topmounts) kit as confirmed before :cool:

Greetings,
Marc

155-tbo
11-04-08, 22:26
Yeah. I have read all, but there was anything about "real" TUV papers.

But I have solved the problem otherwise. I have allready passed MOT with my suspension, which is not original. If there is no sign on D2.... ;)

155q4-dk
12-04-08, 11:23
I'll have a street version with ajustable camber as well.

Svend Lottrup
Denmark

Uhu
13-04-08, 11:27
Please count me in for one rally asphalt kit. If it's not to late!
Please send payment details to eilert_bang@hotmail.com

pitucas
13-04-08, 21:24
Steve, for me is a STREET kit with adjustable top mount...

Thanks again

Q4Jan
14-04-08, 14:42
I think i made clear i want a street kit with adjustable top mount.
(PM and earlier in the thread.)

But just to be on the safe side.

Yes please.

j1v
14-04-08, 14:51
Guys, I'm sorry but I'll have to give up on this group buy.

Hope this is not a problem, for the total count.

Steve Webb
16-04-08, 08:02
Everyone please take note. This thread is now closed. The time has come to order the kits. If you have expressed an interest in a kit you should have had a pm from me this morning. Please reply back to it as soon as possible so we can get the kits ordered.

If you would like a kit but haven't received a pm, please contact me as soon as possible at steve@berlinasportivo.com

Steve